You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Welsh Grand National

edited December 2009 in The Shed
One of my favourite jump races of the year is on tomorrow at Chepstow (mainly because i've backed the winner the last 3 years) and was wondering what everyone is backing.

The two i'm picking, one has proven form over the distance of the race and one has the potental to give a big ride on heavy ground which is forecasted tomorrow.

Halcon Genelardis (10/1)
Flintoff (12/1) (I'm a Lancashire fan and i have to keep loyal lol!)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Is this the sheep version of the English grand national lol, i will have a fiver on Larry the lamb
  • edited December 2009
    Heyyy Lanky.

I love having a bet on he horses especially when its on tele, but don't know alot about racing, normally just read what other people write about the horses in the race and go from there...but...

How come Kuato Star and Denman only race eachother once a yr in the gold cup? The race yest had all the usual names, madison du blah blah, albertas run, I.commander etc etc......These pop up all the time, wheres denman??

And wheres Snoopy Loopy gone!!??? :(

- What dya rekon to the goings on at Yorkshire as well, letting Hoggy go, now giving Gale the captaincy, u must be laughing ya sox off on the other side of the hills! :(

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Welsh Grand National:
    Is this the sheep version of the English grand national lol, i will have a fiver on Larry the lamb
    Posted by loonytoons
    ROFL!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Heyyy Lanky. I love having a bet on he horses especially when its on tele, but don't know alot about racing, normally just read what other people write about the horses in the race and go from there...but... How come Kuato Star and Denman only race eachother once a yr in the gold cup? The race yest had all the usual names, madison du blah blah, albertas run, I.commander etc etc......These pop up all the time, wheres denman?? And wheres Snoopy Loopy gone!!??? :( - What dya rekon to the goings on at Yorkshire as well, letting Hoggy go, now giving Gale the captaincy, u must be laughing ya sox off on the other side of the hills! :( DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Your answer to the first question is the likes of Kauto Star and Denman do race more than once a year mainly in i what would regard as warm-up or tester races before they have big head to head battles at Cheltenham for the Gold Cup. Paul Nicholls who trains Kauto Star usually always puts KS in races at Wincanton before any of the biggies crop up and if there is anyone that deserves fully a knighthood for his services to racing it has to be Paul Nicholls because he is simply a world class trainer and i have to say it brought a tear to my eye seeing Kauto Star win his 4th successive King George at Kempton yesterday. There is talk now of who is the better horse out of Desert Orchid or Kauto Star and for me even though Dessie was legendary, Kauto is just in a league of it's own!.

Regarding your beloved Yorkshire, I think it was an absolute disgrace the way Hoggard has been treated as clearly the politics that have been on the Yorkshire committee for years and years and i've been at Headingley over the years and to hear the hardcore Yorkshire members moan about the way the club is run is very funny to hear from a Lancashire perspective but like with Lancashire, the only way the club moves forward on a commercial and playing level is if you get rid of all this "traditionalist" claptrap that still plagues both clubs.

I wish Andrew Gale well as the new Yorkshire Captain (apart from when you Yorkies play us lot that is lol!) because if Yorkshire continue to be inconsistent then i would not like to be a part of the next Yorkshire Member's AGM!!!
  • edited December 2009

Wheres Hoggy gone do ya know? I know about 18 thousand counties were after him, seems Yorkshire were the only ones who didn't want him!!

He bowletd Sussex out on his own to keep us up, n we have a weak attack to start with!

Can't understand Englands decision to take the light this aft, the ball was being smashed around everywhere. Why r floodlights gd enough to play at 10pm in ODIS but not when the light starts to fade in a test match?

Was the light offered? - or is it now the umpires call all the time to avoid contreversy?

I shud really ask google all this shunt I haha.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Wheres Hoggy gone do ya know? I know about 18 thousand counties were after him, seems Yorkshire were the only ones who didn't want him!! He bowletd Sussex out on his own to keep us up, n we have a weak attack to start with! Can't understand Englands decision to take the light this aft, the ball was being smashed around everywhere. Why r floodlights gd enough to play at 10pm in ODIS but not when the light starts to fade in a test match? Was the light offered? - or is it now the umpires call all the time to avoid contreversy? I shud really ask google all this shunt I haha. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hoggy to a lot of cricket fans shock signed for Leicestershire and has become their new captain. That is somewhat of a potential omen as the last 2 captains of Leicestershire that have won the County Championship were both born in Yorkshire (Ray Illingworth and James Whittaker).

A lot of eyes will be on Adil Rashid next season because at the moment with the way Graeme Swann is bowling and batting, he has to produce some major performances with both bat and ball!.

Sadly with international umpires nowdays they have to do EVERYTHING in accordance with ICC Guidelines which are in my opinion ancient!!!. The only possibility is that if there are any signs of uneven and dangerous bounce on the wicket which clearly wasn't the case then for safety reasons,the umpires will become the do-gooders and it usually takes about 5 hours to make one decision.

I'm not a fan of this referral system being brought into the game as it makes a complete mockery of sometimes the decisions and judgements the umpires have to make.

• edited December 2009
    Im also having a smaller wager on Flintoff, the horses trainer has stated how it's his ambition to win the Welsh National.

He also said when interviewed on Attheraces how even though the horse hasnt had a run this year he is fit and has run well first time out on previous occasions for Venetia Williams.

The horse will love the soft ground (2nd in the Midlands Grand National on heavy ground) and "Stay's longer than the mother-in law"

Good luck today
  • edited December 2009

1. 2:35 Leopardstown - Lexus Chase, extra value race What A Friend @ 11/2
    2. 2:10 Chepstow - Welsh National, extra value race Le Beau Bai @ 9/2
    3. 1:35 Chepstow - extra value race Moleskin @ 15/2
    4. 1:00 Chepstow - extra value race Buck The Legend @ 17/2

Beer, football, racing, poker and darts! - Im sure its a monday!! - Is it a bank holiday or something? - Btw the above bet is a Lucky 15, I know the difference between this an a yankee is on a yankee u need at least 2 winners....But which one wud u guys reccomend? whats better value? Does it depend on the prices?

Cheerz, DOHH

• edited December 2009

1 of these will win the welsh national 2day...i hope..operation houdini or old benny both at around 12/1 there my 2 against the field..also this treble looks a good thing....

1.10 limerick florida pal
    1.45 limerick enterprise park
    1.55 leicester calzaghe

im hoping for a better day 2day cause i had a nightmareeeeeeeee on the gee gee's yesterday

• edited December 2009
    Everytime a lucky 15 Dohhhhhhhhh, some bookies pay treble the odds on one winner as well.
  • edited December 2009
    Everytime a lucky 15 Dohhhhhhhhh, some bookies pay treble the odds on one winner as well.
    Posted by tallboy
    +1, lucky 15's use to be one of my fav bets, and most highstreet bookies do pay treble odds for 1 winner like tallboy says.

Ive backed to horses in welsh national

Gone to lunch 16/1
    coe 12/1

Only had a few quid on ew