You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bubble of the 10k bounty hunter. Too nitty??

edited February 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
P6 Small blind  250.00 250.00 3164.00
WEEDSTER Big blind  500.00 750.00 37566.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

Si_Pies Fold     
ShaunyT Raise  1500.00 2250.00 22591.00
Alexx26 Fold     
P6 Fold     
WEEDSTER Call  1000.00 3250.00 36566.00
Flop

WEEDSTER All-in  36566.00 39816.00 0.00
ShaunyT Fold     
WEEDSTER Muck     
WEEDSTER Win  3250.00  3250.00
WEEDSTER Return  36566.00 0.00 39816.00

Too nitty? I have an above average stack. Would have been chip leader if I hit. Didn't fancy throwing away 3 hours of play drawing to a flush. Thoughts??

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Great fold. In a cash game you would've snapped him off. Also, if first to act you'd have been quite happy to move in yourself. But in a MTT in the situation described this is a fold. Very well played.

In the cold light of day, it is undoubtedly the correct play. In the heat of battle I'm not sure I could have done it.....

• edited February 2014
    This is a simple fold if we are, as you say, on the bubble and an above average stack. Cash and standard MTT, we probs snap off. Not here though.

TBH you could probably just open fold this. Just no need to play the hand. You say you would've been chip leader, but in a flat payout structure things like that go out the window. Survival instincts should kick in when playing a sat...
  • edited February 2014
    We're not playing a sat?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble of the 10k bounty hunter. Too nitty??:
    This is a simple fold if we are, as you say, on the bubble and an above average stack. Cash and standard MTT, we probs snap off. Not here though. TBH you could probably just open fold this. Just no need to play the hand. You say you would've been chip leader, but in a flat payout structure things like that go out the window. Survival instincts should kick in when playing a sat...
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Don't get this.

• edited February 2014
    Easy fold, while our equity is good, some of our strength is in FE cos atm we have A high and we have no idea if any of our overs are live. We have 40+ BB and have only committed 3BB so far. Definite fold.

Also it might not even be a snap in cash, if we have reads our overs are likely no good cos this is what he does with 2pr/sets then its a fold
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble of the 10k bounty hunter. Too nitty??:
    This is a simple fold if we are, as you say, on the bubble and an above average stack. Cash and standard MTT, we probs snap off. Not here though. TBH you could probably just open fold this. Just no need to play the hand. You say you would've been chip leader, but in a flat payout structure things like that go out the window. Survival instincts should kick in when playing a sat...
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Open fold? Woooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt bru
  • edited February 2014
    cheers guys. At the time it felt really nitty, looking back now, as you all say. fold. Ended up finishing 8th so paid off too :-D

Just to clarify this is not a sat (don't know where you got that from tbh lol). Was tonights ME 10k bounty hunter.