You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight i am very happy

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
My first win for a while. I am so pleased think I really played well. Been playing a lot of 5.50s DYMs and think this has really improved my game, especially in the later stages.
stuarty1172660001£91.44 + £41.87 Head Prizes7
5.75 BH 500 GTD

Just shows what can happen if you learn a little.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    a happy man on the sky forum, nice to see, wp fella
  • edited February 2014
    Nice win mate wp (I hope you never did any 3 barrel bluffs because they are awful remember lol)
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks guys i am just happy to see the work i have put in paying off. Also 3rd in mini 2 weeks ago but a win feels better.

It just shows a bad player can get better by listening and reading on the forum alot and taking on board advice.

Waller no 3 barrel bluffs lol that was funny the other night. 
  • edited February 2014
    Great stuff, pleased for you.  And thanks for your anti-trolling in Chat the other night, appreciated, was noted.

Keep it up.
  • edited February 2014

Good work Stuart, very well done.

Hopefully, more wins will follow. It's like riding a bike, once you get the knack, you never lose it. Well, not until you reach a very great age.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight i am very happy:
    Good work Stuart, very well done. Hopefully, more wins will follow. It's like riding a bike, once you get the knack, you never lose it. Well, not until you reach a very great age.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay. 

Its my 5th win on sky but the rest were 1quid ones and a FR.

I actually have you to thank as i seen on your thread you use pen and paper to keep track of your DYMs.

So i started a spreadsheet and have a win % at the end of the month. I now concentrate on the 5.50s and try to play 200 a month.

I dont play many tourneys anymore as i have a 6 month old baby and its just easier not to be committed for 3 plus hours. Mabe i should play moremtts.
  • edited February 2014
    Good afternoon Stuart.
    congratulations on your win, hope it is the start of an excellent run.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited February 2014

Great work Stuart, I've noticed you've been moving up the buy ins.  It's good to see your progressing at a nice steady rate, it makes all of the hard work worthwhile.  Keep it going!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight i am very happy:
    Great work Stuart, I've noticed you've been moving up the buy ins.  It's good to see your progressing at a nice steady rate, it makes all of the hard work worthwhile.  Keep it going!!
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Ty Snedd.

Congrats last night on your win in the main vwp. Always a gent on the tables.
  • edited February 2014
    Congrats Stuarty, good stuff :D
  • edited February 2014
    Great stuff Stuart! Nice to see you appreciate the wins. Important never to expect wins but more to appreciate them.

I also keep a spreadsheet of every game I play, my opponents and win ratio. I  keep notes on any game I lose and the explanation for my loss. I think it is very useful to re assess where you are every day and what you need to work on. Keep it up I look forward to following your progress. As you know you will have bad spells too so see them as a challenge to get back to where you were. I really admire when a losing player turns it around and becomes a winning player as its all too easy to blame it all on bad luck.

Ger