You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Frequent bad beats

Just wondering how often you people  get awful beats. I play 2/3 tables for a few hours a night and seem to get at least 3 per night. I'm talking drawing to 3 outs sometimes less and wondered if I've just been getting really unlucky atm or if it happens to most of us here

Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Frequent bad beats:
    Just wondering how often you people  get awful beats. I play 2/3 tables for a few hours a night and seem to get at least 3 per night. I'm talking drawing to 3 outs sometimes less and wondered if I've just been getting really unlucky atm or if it happens to most of us here Thanks
    Posted by GuyL2
    Wind up post of the year!!!!! STFU,,,,,,,
  • edited February 2014
    Sure it is possible to happen, but if you are getting it happen every night then its is mroe likely to be them playing horrible poker or you playing not so well yourself. Hard to say with no hands to show. Also, it is often the case peoples first posts they are just remembering a coupole of recent bad-beats and multiplying the numbers and occasions to make it sound worse for sympathy etc.

It can happen you get runs like this, but if they are drawing to 3 outs it must be a bit of a flalky hand as even a gutshot has 4 outs. All-in with AA vs KK with them holding KK they are still only 4:1 against meaning you're going to lose that one out of five times. Sadly we love to remember the times AA don't hold up, or our made hand loses to a draw. We forget the times it held up plenty fine.

I suspect this is your problem. IF this DOES happen, post your next sessions losing hands where they were this big of a dog for us to see. :)
  • edited February 2014
    hey how to I link a hand to this feed?:)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Frequent bad beats:
    hey how to I link a hand to this feed?:)
    Posted by GuyL2
    Bring up your HH, the click on the top left corner before hand hisotry and hold down the mouse button. Drag the mouse across the page until you have the WHOLE of it highlighted. Righ click on it and click copy. Start a new post and paste the copied text into the post. Job done.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Frequent bad beats : Bring up your HH, the click on the top left corner before hand hisotry and hold down the mouse button. Drag the mouse across the page until you have the WHOLE of it highlighted. Righ click on it and click copy. Start a new post and paste the copied text into the post. Job done.
    Posted by KAM99
    this is the longest post ive ever seen on how to copy n paste lol
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Frequent bad beats : this is the longest post ive ever seen on how to copy n paste lol
    Posted by MsBubble
    Better too much of an answer than not enough. :)