You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50nl capped tables

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I would like to hear from some recreational players' opinions on the subject?

I was playing a couple of these tables the other night along side some tournaments, thought they were pretty fun and a change from the usual games.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: 50nl capped tables:
    In Response to Re: 50nl capped tables : Im not denying people the opportunity to have fun and play on capped tables. But from my point of view... these spawning cap tables are taking all of the traffic from the 50nl tables. So when I want to play and have what I deem to be fun... I cant, as my game of choice has a fraction of the tables than it used to have. I tried playing 50nl this afternoon at 3pm and couldnt get a table going.  There were two NL tables on the go with another 4 and a bit capped tables. Noone would sit with me on another 50nl table as I didnt want to be to wait for others to stand. I gave up. THAT is why I dislike these ever spawning capped games.  I cant play when I like anymore.
    Posted by gazza127

I'm going to assume you are a reg because you want to play more than x amount of tables :)

Games aren't (and won't) run around you anymore. Instead of complaining about games that are clearly popular and other players are enjoying playing, you either need to adjust to those games or find other games that you can beat (elsewhere if necessary).

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: 50nl capped tables : I'm going to assume you are a reg because you want to play more than x amount of tables :) Games aren't (and won't) run around you anymore. Instead of complaining about games that are clearly popular and other players are enjoying playing, you either need to adjust to those games or find other games that you can beat (elsewhere if necessary).
    Posted by pryce6

I know Sky doesnt revolve around me thanks.  Am i not allowed to express an opinion?
  • edited February 2014

7 standard tables/ 2 cap tables running at 50 nl now so cant be too bad a problem.

My vote goes for scrapping the cap tables and introducing shallow tables instead.
  • edited February 2014
    7 standard tables/ 2 cap tables running at 50 nl now so cant be too bad a problem. My vote goes for scrapping the cap tables and introducing shallow tables instead.
    Posted by DeuceAK_47
    For every cap table that gets running it stops 4 or 5 standard tables. This is the problem. So the example you give of 7 and 2, wouldn't it be better to have 17 standard tables running.
  • edited February 2014
    I wouldnt wanna see the capped tables stopped not everyone wants to play on a table with 4 +regs so these are a good add and hopefully they stay, They must also be popular than the normal tables at times if there is more capped than regular table running.
  • edited February 2014

They aren't more popular. A recreational player will sit at the first table they click on at the level they want to play. 

Sky have got to ask themselves do they want to lose 5 regular tables rake in exchange for every 1 capped table.

• edited February 2014
    Just looked at 50nl and 100nl both limits way down on table numbers as 2 capped have got going at both levels. Its even affecting traffic at 30nl and 40nl.

This is a serious problem Sky!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    they're bull sh**, get rid of them
  • edited February 2014
    I'm not voicing my approval of these games in particular, I'm just voicing a disapproval at the attitudes of a lot of regs. Just because you think something is bad for you right now does not mean it is 'bad for the game'. What is bad for the game is 5 regs grinding the game 10 tables all day, taking turns to stack the one fish that bothers to play with them. And that is precisely the reason why capped games are gaining popularity.
    Posted by pryce6
    +1
  • edited February 2014
    The thing thats making me laugh about this thread is that its the regs at these cash levels that are asking for them to be scrapped!, 

As i already pointed out someone who wants to play for fun or try and make some money isnt gunna join a 100BB table with 4 regs and i dont blame them im the same and id rather join a capped table where it aint full of ABC regs waiitng to pounce on that one player or just not join the tables.

You see it at nl1000 all the time! soon as 1 unkown player with money joins it fills up and theres 4/5 players in the list and 5 regs on the table the same regs who sit at heads up tables but dont play eachother then soon as that 1 player loses or leaves the rest either sit out and wait or straight away stand!.

So yea i agree the same 4/5 regs per table is very bad as if you got any common sense you wont join that table as other have pointed out them selves so im glad sky keep the capped tables.
  • edited February 2014
    These capped tables are a load of my a**, most of you who are saying they are a good addition are either mtt grinders or haven't got a clue about the effects they have on traffic.

How is sitting 30bb deep good for the game, there's no room to play cash properly with this stack size.

The only plus side so far is there's less regs on the tables and recs get to play vs more recs and stretch there deposits a bit more.

Lets say it continues and regs are forced to sit on these to add tables, it's only going to be the same ratio of regs to recs as regular tables, but all the regs will be playing much tighter playing this stack size as obv there's no room for loose play like with 100bb.

These games will be 10x worse than regular games and nobody wants that.

I think sky should be encouraging players to sit 100bb deep anyway. That's how they will improve and get more out of their money, players sitting on 100nl cap tables could be playing 30nl 100x deep improving their play not crab shooting on cap tables. I know some recs aren't really interested in improving and just come on for a gamble, but i feel the majority would benefit from this.

Earlier on there were 4x 100nl 30bb cap tables in the lobby, 3 of them were only half full yet there was another open what is the point in this, just makes the lobby look moody.
  • edited February 2014
    No-ones mentioned that they also mean rake is virtually always at the max.

IIRC it's 5% with a cap of £3.60 (correct me if I'm wrong).... so the rake cap is reached at £72 per pot

This means in standard 50/100NL games any pots that are over £72 (which is gonna be a fair few), once you get over £72 everything is 'rake free'.

On capped tables, you're virtually never going to exceed the rake cap so will be paying the max rake in every single pot.

===============================

Agree with pretty much everything Pryce said like, and don't really have any vested interest in either side of the debate, just throwing the above point out there.
  • edited February 2014
    They aren't more popular. A recreational player will sit at the first table they click on at the level they want to play.  Sky have got to ask themselves do they want to lose 5 regular tables rake in exchange for every 1 capped table.  
    Posted by ajs4385
    I'm sorry but you are kidding yourself if you think this is still the case. Recs are a lot smarter now than they used to be. 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: 50nl capped tables : I'm sorry but you are kidding yourself if you think this is still the case. Recs are a lot smarter now than they used to be. 
    Posted by pryce6

This is very true recs are a lot smarter

REGS! seriously need to think about creating the action at the levels they are playing rarther than just expecting tables to be running and join them.

You should be seriously asking yourselfs why recs don't want to play with you.

• edited February 2014
    Every reg asking for them to drop these tables.

every punter mtt donk asking to keep them.

Seems obvious they should be catering for the people whose games it is effecting and who contribute the most rake.
  • edited February 2014
    Every reg asking for them to drop these tables. every punter mtt donk asking to keep them. Seems obvious they should be catering for the people whose games it is effecting and who contribute the most rake.
    Posted by Simmy4k
    I'm not a 'punter mtt donk', i'm just not a moron.
  • edited February 2014
    I posted a thread in cash strategy about this the other day, didn't realise there was a discussion going here too.

Agree that these games aren causing an issue at 50NL, plenty of times I've been looking for a game and not been able to get on a 100BB 50NL table.

I've sat at a few capped games and they are very soft/profitable but really would prefer more proper games running.