You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why lock the is it a fix thread?

Hey,

Just curious why it was locked? Can't educate these players really by just ignoring them. That was one thing I liked about fulltilts forum, they never locked the "rigged thread" just made sure anyone that wanted to discuss if online poker was rigged, fixed or not random enough posted in that one topic.

I know it's sky's forum to do with as they feel, but I think to shut people up just makes it look like they had a point and you are silencing them. Even if they don't have a point (which they don't really) they should be allowed to discuss it and have their concerns addressed, don't  you think?

Some of them can't have thier minds changed, but many can. And playing devils advocare even though online poker isn't really fixed it also don't always have the best record either.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    you cant say anything on here these days, the slightest bit of conflict and a thread closes, forums should be all about arguments and debates without getting personal and too insulting aswell as having interraction with the players you come up against. the guys who says its rigged doo my head in if im honest and i give them grief from time to time but they are entitled to a view and should be allowed to voice it!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Why lock the is it a fix thread?:
    Hey, Just curious why it was locked? Can't educate these players really by just ignoring them. That was one thing I liked about fulltilts forum, they never locked the "rigged thread" just made sure anyone that wanted to discuss if online poker was rigged, fixed or not random enough posted in that one topic. I know it's sky's forum to do with as they feel, but I think to shut people up just makes it look like they had a point and you are silencing them. Even if they don't have a point (which they don't really) they should be allowed to discuss it and have their concerns addressed, don't  you think? Some of them can't have thier minds changed, but many can. And playing devils advocare even though online poker isn't really fixed it also don't always have the best record either.
    Posted by KAM99
    This thread was closed out of fear,simple as.
    Over the years everybody that has ever critisized the site has
    been banned eventually,even if they've had to bide their time
    and get them for saying a bad word or something.Hence a once
    thriving and entertaining forum has turned into possible the most
    boring forum there is,all thanks to little men with a bit of power(mods).
    This thread will also be closed and your name taken.....

This discussion is closed...
  • edited February 2014
    totally agree with you there posted a comment in the thread started by skeggs (which by the look of it is gone as well)  i never swore or anything that would be worthy of deleting yet got deleted and then i ask why my comment was deleted and yip that goes as well....very well played!!!

great endorsements for an open and frank community whats is the point in having a community when all that happens is threads get closed because some do not agree with the content or the content annoys the great and mighty?

the forum is for everyone not just the stuck up few
  • edited February 2014
    Ok.  Lets ask the question from the other perspective.  Why should Sky allow threads saying that they are committing fraud by running a crooked game to stay open?  

If you were running your own online site and had a feedback forum would you allow topics that accused you of illegal activities to stay up?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread?:
    Ok.  Lets ask the question from the other perspective.  Why should Sky allow threads saying that they are committing fraud by running a crooked game to stay open?   If you were running your own online site and had a feedback forum would you allow topics that accused you of illegal activities to stay up?
    Posted by cenachav

i agree with you about the fix thread of course sky must do what is best for the name and there are rules. but why not try educate people/let the community talk about it in a constructive way..no i don,t think sky is rigged by the way

but my comments that where deleted today really never needed too be deleted and the skegs thread itself has disappered and probably closed thats what i was more annoyed at but did not see the point in starting a new thread about it
  • edited February 2014
    Ok.  Lets ask the question from the other perspective.  Why should Sky allow threads saying that they are committing fraud by running a crooked game to stay open?   If you were running your own online site and had a feedback forum would you allow topics that accused you of illegal activities to stay up?
    Posted by cenachav

If I were running my own online site I would endeavour to ensure that my paying customers had every confidence in the operating systems. 

• edited February 2014
    Posted by cenachav
    Yes, I'd allow it if it was my site, and yes I mean that sincerely. I wouldn't allow endless posts on it being opened, but on therad discussing it is harmless. I mean as I said Fulltilt was one of the biggest online sites around back before it was closed and then bought out by pokerstars. They had a forum (which not all sites do of course) and they had a thread where people that wanted to say they thought it was rigged, and mostly it was just bad beat storys from new players.

The simple fact is closing threads doesn't change their mind. All it does is convinnce them they were right and they are hidding their telling of the truth, even when they aren't. Open discourse is always better than silencing people. What country do we live in after all?

Course it is a little harder to prove on sky compared to sites where you can use data collection of  your own to prove it, but there is just no way sky would do it. It's not like poker is their main concern and they would not risk their reputation by doing so, it would be crazy, and doesn't earn them any more money by doing so. It's the main thing most rigged theorists don't look at. The sites have no care who wins a pot in a cash game, they earn off the rake. They don't earn more if you go broke and deposit again.

So I say educate where you can, but sure control it from being posts all over the forum, as that just gets messy and annoying.
  • edited February 2014
    Sigh
    It doesn't take much to confuse me.

When I read Chavs post, I thought "yep, he's right"
    Now I've read Kams post and thought "yep, he's right"

I definitely wasn't confused when I read Igimics post. :)
    (Hope I don't get my name taken!
  • edited February 2014
    The not fixed,far outweigh the fixed, and anyone reading would see that, but by taking it down does leave dought..JMO.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Why lock the is it a fix thread? : This thread was closed out of fear,simple as. Over the years everybody that has ever critisized the site has been banned eventually,even if they've had to bide their time and get them for saying a bad word or something.Hence a once thriving and entertaining forum has turned into possible the most boring forum there is,all thanks to little men with a bit of power(mods). This thread will also be closed and your name taken..... This discussion is closed...
    Posted by igimc
    Why should any company provide a platform for people to accuse them of theft,fixing corruption,cheating etc?.
    Just doesn't make sense.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : Yes, I'd allow it if it was my site, and yes I mean that sincerely. I wouldn't allow endless posts on it being opened, but on therad discussing it is harmless. I mean as I said Fulltilt was one of the biggest online sites around back before it was closed and then bought out by pokerstars. They had a forum (which not all sites do of course) and they had a thread where people that wanted to say they thought it was rigged, and mostly it was just bad beat storys from new players. The simple fact is closing threads doesn't change their mind. All it does is convinnce them they were right and they are hidding their telling of the truth, even when they aren't. Open discourse is always better than silencing people. What country do we live in after all? Course it is a little harder to prove on sky compared to sites where you can use data collection of  your own to prove it, but there is just no way sky would do it. It's not like poker is their main concern and they would not risk their reputation by doing so, it would be crazy, and doesn't earn them any more money by doing so. It's the main thing most rigged theorists don't look at. The sites have no care who wins a pot in a cash game, they earn off the rake. They don't earn more if you go broke and deposit again. So I say educate where you can, but sure control it from being posts all over the forum, as that just gets messy and annoying.
    Posted by KAM99

So I'm ok to open a thread and accuse kam99 of cheating and colluding at the tables yea?...

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : So I'm ok to open a thread and accuse kam99 of cheating and colluding at the tables yea?...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Please do, it just makes me feel awesome about my game. It's almost better than saying NH. And lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time stuff like taht gets said around a poker table, rightly, or wrongly.

Funny enough I've been in a few games online where there was collusion going on. Spotted it twice, but missed it a couple of times too. Certainly four times that I'm aware of, but maybe more I'm not and that got missed by the other players/site too. Think it was partly why pokerstars banned a whole country for a while.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : Please do, it just makes me feel awesome about my game. It's almost better than saying NH. And lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time stuff like taht gets said around a poker table, rightly, or wrongly. Funny enough I've been in a few games online where there was collusion going on. Spotted it twice, but missed it a couple of times too. Certainly four times that I'm aware of, but maybe more I'm not and that got missed by the other players/site too. Think it was partly why pokerstars banned a whole country for a while.
    Posted by KAM99
    A whole country was colluding? wow is that why sky only allows uk and ireland players, they have banned the rest of the world.A bit drastic sky surely.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : A whole country was colluding? wow is that why sky only allows uk and ireland players, they have banned the rest of the world.A bit drastic sky surely.
    Posted by AcesSuited
    Can't remember the details, but pretty sure it was China they banned on mass and for colluding I believe. Think they had an issue with it being most of Asia though that the ban effected and eventually they removed the ban.

Not sure why Sky limit their player base to the UK. Maybe something to do with regulations, or maybe just their own choice. Certainly since the US ban on online poker the tables are drastically different compared to a few years ago. Lot of the poorer countries that have lower standards of living are playing poker due to the cost of living being lower and so more scope to use poker as an earning source.
  • edited February 2014
    I was wondering how one could be sure that players are colluding. What sort of thing goes on?
  • edited February 2014
    I was wondering how one could be sure that players are colluding. What sort of thing goes on?
    Posted by gracie24
    Think of it on some level like you get in MTT's or DYM's when you have a short stack and the wolves circle them, and more so if they get below 10bb. You'll see players not actualy working together work together by checking down hands to knock players out.

In simple terms it is the same, but they know what other is playing and work together to make it hard for you to play against them. They will dump off chips to each other (folding before showdown after betting turn etc), and various other things too. Sometimes it is harder to spot, but sometimes it can be vary obvious that two players are doing odd things together in hands, and on many occasions.

Think about it this way. You are playing holdem starting hand vs a guy playing an Omaha starting hand. This puts you at a disadvantage in every single hand.
  • edited February 2014
    Is it colluding if the small stack is implicitly targeted without any discussion in the chat box. In dym's particularly as the blinds go up it is worthwhile all the remaining players to call anything when the short-stack is all in as 3 on 1 is more likely to succeed. Is this not just a function of how the game is structured.

I think a formal agreement is wrong but playing to win is fine-surely.
  • edited February 2014
    Is it colluding if the small stack is implicitly targeted without any discussion in the chat box. In dym's particularly as the blinds go up it is worthwhile all the remaining players to call anything when the short-stack is all in as 3 on 1 is more likely to succeed. Is this not just a function of how the game is structured. I think a formal agreement is wrong but playing to win is fine-surely.
    Posted by gracie24
    Loosely it is colluding, but not against rules at all. Everyone knows the deal, including the shorrt-stacck. He knows that everone wants him out just as much as everyone knows they want him out. It's wrong though when 2 or more players sit down at an SnG and try and control the game right from hand one. They will play together in a hand and that means one or other is likely to outflop another individual and win the hand. They can then dump off chips to each other before the river if one is in danger of going out and the other player has folded.

Hence the easy ones to spot are when they are folding rivers when they could check behind on the river, but instead fold. Not something you can judge on a one hand deal because sometimes people will fold rivers when they could have checked just to protect what they were playing when they know they can't possible win the hand. But see it a few times from players in a game and it's obvious.

Like I said sometimes it is really easy to spot, other times not so. THat said it's not like it is happening in loads of games and sites do pay fair attention to it. It's one reason I like playing with tracking software on other sites. Helps keep eye on weird things that might be going on with players or even sites themselves.
  • edited February 2014
    this taken from the community guidelines "Comments that can be construed to question Sky Poker's integrity, game fairness, security or random number generation."

• edited February 2014
    So is it fixed!?!

:P

• edited February 2014
    this taken from the community guidelines " Comments that can be construed to question Sky Poker's integrity, game fairness, security or random number generation."
    Posted by scouse_red
    I can think of two other sites that had this same policy, or similar. On one of them some of the top stake players tried insisting something was wrong and they beleived players were cheating and got blown off, and in one case banned. Only for them later to prove through data mining that someone was indeed cheating. Ex-employees had got access to the code and could see all the players hole cards.

Is this a stanndard thing? No. Is Sky going to cheat players? No, it would be utterly pointless for them and damage their image in too many other areas. Does it mean most players complaining are deluding themselves? Yes. Does it mean they shouldn't have a voice in case they have a point? Hmm, debateable I guess.

I wouldn't question sky's software or RNG. I can't, as I don't have the data to do so, and as there is no way to use tracking software here it would be hard to prove if their RNG is in an area you'd expect statistically. I have no doubt it isn't going to be dealing any different for anyone else though.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : I can think of two other sites that had this same policy, or similar. On one of them some of the top stake players tried insisting something was wrong and they beleived players were cheating and got blown off, and in one case banned. Only for them later to prove through data mining that someone was indeed cheating. Ex-employees had got access to the code and could see all the players hole cards. Is this a stanndard thing? No. Is Sky going to cheat players? No, it would be utterly pointless for them and damage their image in too many other areas. Does it mean most players complaining are deluding themselves? Yes. Does it mean they shouldn't have a voice in case they have a point? Hmm, debateable I guess. I wouldn't question sky's software or RNG. I can't, as I don't have the data to do so, and as there is no way to use tracking software here it would be hard to prove if their RNG is in an area you'd expect statistically. I have no doubt it isn't going to be dealing any different for anyone else though.
    Posted by KAM99
    The op was why is it locked?....the answer was simple...because no company with any sense is going to give a platform to people so they can slander/defame their business......as usual it turned into a is it/isn't it fixed thread.....
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : The op was why is it locked?....the answer was simple...because no company with any sense is going to give a platform to people so they can slander/defame their business......as usual it turned into a is it/isn't it fixed thread.....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Ffs daveyzzzzzzzzzzzz...change the record.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : Ffs daveyzzzzzzzzzzzz...change the record.
    Posted by igimc
    Have you ever played a hand of poker on Sky before? Genuinely never seen you at the tables, ever. Yet you linger in the forum like a rotting carcass.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : Have you ever played a hand of poker on Sky before? Genuinely never seen you at the tables, ever. Yet you linger in the forum like a rotting carcass.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    just checked sharkscope and it would appear that ive played 2,829 tournies in
    the 5 years or so ive been playing on sky (purely recreational of course).thanks for
    asking tho.
    Just because i have a pretty low opinion of most of the"regs"on here,of which
    you are definatley one and more or less disagree with ever bit of BS yous come
    out with doesn't mean i linger like a rotten carcass,well anymore than you do anyway.
      I remember when this forum was a good laugh and entertaining long before
    the likes of you joined.

PS Never seen you at the tables either but i'm neither up nor down about it.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : just checked sharkscope and it would appear that ive played 2,829 tournies in the 5 years or so ive been playing on sky (purely recreational of course).thanks for asking tho. Just because i have a pretty low opinion of most of the"regs"on here,of which you are definatley one and more or less disagree with ever bit of BS yous come out with doesn't mean i linger like a rotten carcass,well anymore than you do anyway.   I remember when this forum was a good laugh and entertaining long before the likes of you joined. PS Never seen you at the tables either but i'm neither up nor down about it.
    Posted by igimc
    I have had a look on trollscope and you have the silver star next to your name. Best troll for the last 4 years in a row is pretty impressive. Good work.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : I have had a look on trollscope and you have the silver star next to your name. Best troll for the last 4 years in a row is pretty impressive. Good work.
    Posted by jonjo75
    I don't know what this means....
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Why lock the is it a fix thread? : I don't know what this means....
    Posted by igimc
    They say ignorance is bliss.