You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

fed up of whingers/its rigged????

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
as you guys will know i love the community and forum here on sky, but recently all i seem to be reading is stupid bad beat stories and people saying that sky is rigged..... even to the extent of ppl saying "typical sky" in the chat box when thier ace 10 loses to kq..

i dont know how many times we need to say this but :-

- its poker...its exactly the same regardless of which site you play on

- live poker is exactly the same

- keep getting your money in ahead, and you will be up in the long run!

- most peole only remember the bad beats on them and not when they outdraw others

some people are so "anti" sky poker at the moment that i have been told that

1 - im clueless
2 - talking out of my £%^&&%

for saying what i just said!!

ITS POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to fed up of whingers/its rigged????:
    as you guys will know i love the community and forum here on sky, but recently all i seem to be reading is stupid bad beat stories and people saying that sky is rigged..... even to the extent of ppl saying "typical sky" in the chat box when thier ace 10 loses to kq.. i dont know how many times we need to say this but :- - its poker...its exactly the same regardless of which site you play on - live poker is exactly the same - keep getting your money in ahead, and you will be up in the long run! - most peole only remember the bad beats on them and not when they outdraw others some people are so "anti" sky poker at the moment that i have been told that 1 - im clueless 2 - talking out of my £%^&&% for saying what i just said!! ITS POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by daz231023
     ^^ THIS
  • edited December 2009
    People don't like losing and people like to blame something for their misfortune.  If you play live poker for any length of time you'll see dealers get abused by the odd numptys.  They will also rip into whoever has, in their mind's, given them a bad beat.  In a funny way the internet has helped dealers get less abuse.

However as with all things, a seed of doubt hurts from one bad apple hurts the image of the whole industry as well as providing fuel for the conspiracy theorists.  The events at Absolute/Ultimate really hurt as they were the first 'name' sites to have a scandal involving 'insiders.'

I have no doubt that SkyPoker is completely on the level.  However if anything like the AP/UB events were proven to happen I, like many many others, would cash out and never look back.  This is the reason that no right minded company would ever rig a site, they would suffer destruction they could do little to recover from.  UB is only still just about going due to constant rebuilding/rebranding and assurances that it was just a couple of individuals who will be prosecuted.  The jury is still out if they will recover fully in such a competitive environment.  (I still will not and doubt I will ever open an account there).
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged????:
    People don't like losing and people like to blame something for their misfortune.  If you play live poker for any length of time you'll see dealers get abused by the odd numptys.  They will also rip into whoever has, in their mind's, given them a bad beat.  In a funny way the internet has helped dealers get less abuse. However as with all things, a seed of doubt hurts from one bad apple hurts the image of the whole industry as well as providing fuel for the conspiracy theorists.  The events at Absolute/Ultimate really hurt as they were the first 'name' sites to have a scandal involving 'insiders.' I have no doubt that SkyPoker is completely on the level.  However if anything like the AP/UB events were proven to happen I, like many many others, would cash out and never look back.  This is the reason that no right minded company would ever rig a site, they would suffer destruction they could do little to recover from.  UB is only still just about going due to constant rebuilding/rebranding and assurances that it was just a couple of individuals who will be prosecuted.  The jury is still out if they will recover fully in such a competitive environment.  (I still will not and doubt I will ever open an account there).
    Posted by TommyD
    i do play live tommy and have seen this quite alot.. its disgraceful they way some people talk to the dealers.. they are just doing thier jobs

thanks for you view and gl at the tables
  • edited December 2009
    Tommy   the funny thing about  UB is ... I used to play there ...    But what a scam that was...  you'd have thought security would have been more alert to what the  insider was up to..  
    It's not the company's    none of them     it's someone looking to break the system, a bit like any other scam that can be operated with a fiddle, even some players themselves work at ways to cheat ,   as the old saying goes...

'In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"

'Who can ya turn to" ?       :)
  • edited December 2009
    Daz
    As I said on the original thread (in case you couldn't be bothered to go back there! lol), it wasn't necessarily what you said as the way that you said it! What you said was quite correct but you put it across in a confrontational manner and they seemed to take offence. Keep on posting mate but maybe try to be a little more diplomatic!! lol
  • edited December 2009
    as you guys will know i love the community and forum here on sky, but recently all i seem to be reading is stupid bad beat stories and people saying that sky is rigged..... even to the extent of ppl saying "typical sky" in the chat box when thier ace 10 loses to kq.. i dont know how many times we need to say this but :- - its poker...its exactly the same regardless of which site you play on - live poker is exactly the same - keep getting your money in ahead, and you will be up in the long run! - most peole only remember the bad beats on them and not when they outdraw others some people are so "anti" sky poker at the moment that i have been told that 1 - im clueless 2 - talking out of my £%^&&% for saying what i just said!! ITS POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by daz231023
    + 1

I am fed up of the same boring individuals coming out with the same "it's fixed" rubbish time and time again, and being so contrite in their viewpoint.

Stems from not knowing pot odds and having selective memories imo

KK will bust AA 20% of the time. Hardly up there with the loaves and fishes in terms of miracles is it!
  • edited December 2009
    it always makes me laugh when players say online poker is rigged, rigged for who exactly? these big poker sites make so much money from rake its unreal, there is noway they would jeopardize this by rigging anything unless they coud create a programme that could cold deck players making bigger pots in ringames and knocking players out of mtts and sngs so they can re-enter other tourneys thus creating more rake, more rake=more profit but hey they wouldnt do that would they???
  • edited December 2009
    it always makes me laugh when players say online poker is rigged, rigged for who exactly? these big poker sites make so much money from rake its unreal, there is noway they would jeopardize this by rigging anything unless they coud create a programme that could cold deck players making bigger pots in ringames and knocking players out of mtts and sngs so they can re-enter other tourneys thus creating more rake, more rake=more profit but hey they wouldnt do that would they???
    Posted by N1CK

I blame Orford.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged???? : I blame Orford.
    Posted by LML
    +1, its his fault
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged???? : +1, its his fault
    Posted by acebarry10

Goes without saying really.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged???? : Goes without saying really.
    Posted by LML
    i bet Orford gets blamed for everything, hes got that kind of face...
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged???? : i bet Orford gets blamed for everything, hes got that kind of face...
    Posted by N1CK
    Lol, your not wrong
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged???? : Lol, your not wrong
    Posted by acebarry10
    you can shut up i bet your next on the list lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: fed up of whingers/its rigged???? : you can shut up i bet your next on the list lol
    Posted by N1CK
    Oh dont worry, Orford already know its his fault, you ask tikay and Lisa-Marie
  • edited December 2009
    anyone who thinks sky poker is rigged needs a reality check bad beats happen as do good wins you only moan when you get a bad beat but think how many times you give someone a bad beat if you dont like it dont play simples
  • edited December 2009
    Daz - 100% behind you.  Bad beats will always happens, and happen more, when u get ur money in ahead and can only lose to the 'suckout'.

You can either then whinge and moan about it, or pull up ur sleeves and try again.  What's the point of moving sites? The beats will still be there and will still occur. What about simply playing live and quitting online? The beats will still be there and will still occur!!!

Do a bankroll challenge, keep on playing at the level ur comfortable at but please............. enough of the 'I quit threads'.  What do u expect to gain from them? Players will reply with a 'bye' or ' please stay' but when someone dares state that it is varience or something that's not wanting to be heard, they're then subjected to being moaned at!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by daz231023
    Daz, I have typed "typical sky" in the chat box on a number of occasions after a bad beat. I doesn't mean I think its rigged (I don't). For me its just a light hearted comment no different from saying "typical poker" or "that's poker".  Playing many more hands online than in a live game means you will get bad beats more frequently and so, in effect, sky is giving you those bad beats. I draw solace from Salazar's comment that if you are good enough to go in ahead most of the time you will get more bad beats! I am hanging on to that in the hope that, maybe, it means I know what i'm doing.
  • edited December 2009
    Blaming bad beats on sky and it being fixed is just something bad players hide behind. More often than not the person who says its rigged is a losing player, maybe we should encourage them and then just take all their money without a bad beat, see what they say to that!!
  • edited December 2009
    i had qq 3 of us left was 2nd in chips blinds quite high 2 get paid,shove shortie folds chip leader calls turns over j2 os,flop56j-j-8..busted i asked why he called,he said cuz he felt lucky cuz he was hittin,i said nh see you in ten minutes for the next game this was in the pub on boxing night with m8s you cant tell people what to do with there 2 cards and i could,nt wait for the next game to play with him again...bad beats happen all the time you have to get on with it
  • edited December 2009
    I THINK MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE POSTS HERE ARE CORRECT,BUT I FEEL SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE PEOPLE ARE CONFUSING A BAD BEAT MOAN WITH AN AREA 51 POST OF IT IS FIXED.WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL GIVE AND RECIEVE BAD BEATS AND SOMEONE HERE COMMENTED THAT YOU ONLY RECALL THE BAD TIMES.BUT DONT ALSO FORGET THAT A GOOD MINDED PLAYER WILL NOT CHASE THE MIRACLE OUTER VERY OFTEN AT ALL WITH A TOURNY ON THE LINE SO THEREFORE WILL DISH OUT FAR FAR LESS BAD BEATS THAN ARE RECIEVED.GL ALL DEBS XX
  • edited December 2009
      There is a thing to remember about bad beats, firstly it is not the site because they have nothing to gain one way or the other. Bad beats happen for one of 3 reasons

1) Bad luck-  KK beating AA for example
    2) Bad play by us- slow playing or giving odds for opponent to hit miracle cards
    3) Bad play by our opponent

In the case of 1 there is nothing that can be done about it , it just happens.
       In the case of 2 we should re examine our own game to see if there are leaks in it.
       In the case of 3 we should encourage this more often because these are overall losing plays and we want them.Short term they can hurt but in the long run we will beat the players who make these bad calls.

I must admit that i myself have suffered many a bad beat and have also dished some out as well. I could easily list the ones i have received but probably could not list any that i have dished out such is the nature of the human psyche.

To receive a bad beat you must get your money in ahead and if you keep doing that you will be a winning player.
  • edited December 2009
    Well said dav + phil + talon
  • edited December 2009
    Blaming bad beats on sky and it being fixed is just something bad players hide behind. More often than not the person who says its rigged is a losing player, maybe we should encourage them and then just take all their money without a bad beat, see what they say to that!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1
  • edited December 2009
    Watching WSOP on sky couple of nights ago, heads up chip leader pocket aces 2nd place with K 10 off, flop hits king pushes all in, hits two pair on river, aces cracked.

It happens yes it frustrating but it happens.

The area 51 part of this post as it was shown on sky was it fixed????????????????
  • edited December 2009
    Watching WSOP on sky couple of nights ago, heads up chip leader pocket aces 2nd place with K 10 off, flop hits king pushes all in, hits two pair on river, aces cracked. It happens yes it frustrating but it happens. The area 51 part of this post as it was shown on sky was it fixed????????????????
    Posted by micky6chin
    I'm pretty sure that I saw Tikay fiddling with the RNG in the background.
  • edited December 2009
    Errr............ that wasn't the RNG he was fiddling with.