You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC Clarification

SPTSPT
edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
From DTD

"TO CLARIFY

If we have your money through satellite / shop / cash at the desk / sky poker / DTD online AND  know which day you are playing you will be entered from the start.

* players wishing NOT to take advantage of the no queue scheme must let us know in advance.

We understand 90 % of players want to secure there seat in advance without having to queue, so will use this system wherever possible on this and future events"

All Sky Poker qualifiers will be "chips in play" from the start unless agreed

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to UKPC Clarification:
    From DTD "TO CLARIFY If we have your money through satellite / shop / cash at the desk / sky poker / DTD online AND  know which day you are playing you will be entered from the start. * players wishing NOT to take advantage of the no queue scheme must let us know in advance. We understand 90 % of players want to secure there seat in advance without having to queue, so will use this system wherever possible on this and future events" All Sky Poker qualifiers will be "chips in play" from the start unless agreed
    Posted by SPT
    I qualified through Sky and am playing Thursday. I know for certain I will be arriving late, so therefore am I able to not have my chips in play from the start? I assumed I couldnt until I read this.

Thanks
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Clarification:
    In Response to UKPC Clarification : I qualified through Sky and am playing Thursday. I know for certain I will be arriving late, so therefore am I able to not have my chips in play from the start? I assumed I couldnt until I read this. Thanks
    Posted by jonnyrkd
    Not quite as simple as that

Thursday will be extremely busy, queues and alternates lists likely

I would advise being in play from the start and if necessary blinding away slightly

because the message from DTD subsequent is

"All late reggers will need to queue, and join alternates if we have one - please ensure they know a seat is NOT GTD from when they get here.

Obviously good to know so we DON’T enter from start but cannot guarantee a seat.

• edited February 2014

Just to clarify that reply, unless you specifically advise the Venue otherwise, YOUR CHIPS WILL BE IN PLAY from the very start. 

If you prefer NOT to have your chips in play, you must advise the Venue. However, that may result in a long queue for your seat when you arrive, as if your chips are not in play, the vacant seat will be utilised.

Your seat IS guaranteed, but if your chips are not n play from the start, your start time may be severely delayed, & you'll possibly be in a queue.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC Clarification:
    Just to clarify that reply, unless you specifically advise the Venue otherwise, YOUR CHIPS WILL BE IN PLAY from the very start.  If you prefer NOT to have your chips in play, you must advise the Venue. However, that may result in a long queue for your seat when you arrive, as if your chips are not in play, the vacant seat will be utilised. Your seat IS guaranteed, but if your chips are not n play from the start, your start time may be severely delayed, & you'll possibly be in a queue.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Mr Tikay, I think that clears it up. 

I will just have my chips in play and get there as soon as  I can. I hate the thought of blinding away but I will be late as have an audition to be on Pointless beforehand which I cant miss :)

• SPTSPT
    edited February 2014
    Simon has produced a quick check list because of the mass of questions out there on the events on timings etc

Sky UKPC Useful information

Hi Roller : Day 1 has 9 x 45 min levels ends 1.25am

---

Main  Event Day 1 Weds / Thu has 9 x 60 min levels ends 12.05am Starts 1pm Late reg to 8.40pm

Split dinner break at level 6 between 6.40pm to 8.40pm

---

Main Event Day 2 Fri has 9 x 60 min levels ends 12.05am

Split dinner break at level 15 between 6.40pm to 8.40pm

---

Main Event Day 3 Sat has 9 x 60 min levels ends 12am

Single dinner break after level 23 between 6.40pm to 7.40pm

----

PLO Day 1 Thu has 9 x 45 min levels ends 1.40am starts 6pm late reg 11.10pm

---

6 Max Day 1 Fri / Sat has 15 x 45 min levels ends 2.40am starts 2pm late reg 9pm

---

NL Turbo Sun starts 2pm late reg 5.55pm

---

Hi  Roller / PLO and 6 Max are 45 min / Final 60 min