You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

friendly

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Sorry I always thought this was a friendly site?! Well you could of fooled me! Apart from a few tables i've been on, no one talks apart from me! Please let me know if i'm wrong, but to me i'm noit.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I've been at tons at very talkative tables, but sometimes I do multi table and therefore am in mini-view with the chat box closed.  May I ask what level and type of game you mainly play?
  • edited December 2009
    I'll speak to you

mmmmmmm  what do you want to talk about :)
  • edited December 2009
    I'll talk to you.  I think the problem is often that many people multi-table and so have the chat box closed.  If you post on the forums you will get lots of response.

Jan x
  • edited December 2009
    try the deepies, players have more time for chat on these, especially the £5:50, 8:15pm one. cash players tend not to chat as much in my experience,unless its abuse after a bad beat lol
  • edited December 2009
    I quite often get involved in chat in the low stakes MTTs. Most of the time it's just "nh" or "ul" or "you lucky ****" but sometimes we chat about the footie or the weather. If it turns out to be a friendly table and we've got a good competitive game going (especially when we're getting close to the cash bubble) then we sometimes chat about what we had and what we folded and, of course, our worst bad beats n the past few days! I have to agree that often I will try and start a chat going and everyone ignores me but I guess some people aren't even looking at the chat box and some just want to play without interruption.
  • edited December 2009
    If you're looking for lots of chat then, as loony says, the evening deep stacks are the place to go! Alternatively, find a table with one of the presenters on it and you will get more than enough chat, especially if it's Lisa-Marie!! lol
  • edited December 2009

Hi Strawman,

We can all decide whether to chat or not, but the majority of us do. Try sitting in any Deep Stack & not chatting - it's not possible!

Please remember that we - you, me - are as much responsible for this as anyone else. If you want to chat, & nobody else is talking, perhaps they are waiting for someone to get the banter going.

I try basic social skills, & good manners, & it rarely fails. "Evening all" for example, which is 100 times better if you actually name some of the other players. Or mention where they live (from their field address), or how bad the weather is.

For most of us, poker is a recrerational pasttime. We want to play a little poker, gamble a bit, pass a few hours with like-minded people. Chatting is a major part of that, but sometimes WE have to lead the way to start the chat going.

Remember, too, that sometimers players multi-table. Playing 3 or 4 Tables & chatting is not easy.

Hope to see you on one of my tables soon, & we can discuss trains, tractors, electricity pylons, & other fascinating stuff.

Take care man.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to friendly:
    Sorry I always thought this was a friendly site?! Well you could of fooled me! Apart from a few tables i've been on, no one talks apart from me! Please let me know if i'm wrong, but to me i'm noit.
    Posted by strawman24
    I mainly play double your money between 60p up £3. I'm not saying every table is quiet, but alot are.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: friendly:
    I'll speak to you mmmmmmm  what do you want to talk about :)
    Posted by JockBMW
    I'll talk about anything!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to friendly : I mainly play double your money between 60p up £3. I'm not saying every table is quiet, but alot are.
    Posted by strawman24
    DYM is generally the land of the silent mainly due to the multi play.  I play four DYM at any one time and therefore have the chatbox closed.  As TK said, play the deepies or (as long as you are comfortable) play micro cash.  And find a presenter on a micro cash table or SnG, always tons of chat there. :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: friendly : DYM is generally the land of the silent mainly due to the multi play.  I play four DYM at any one time and therefore have the chatbox closed.  As TK said, play the deepies or (as long as you are comfortable) play micro cash.  And find a presenter on a micro cash table or SnG, always tons of chat there. :)
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for the info.