You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i miss some value at the end?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pocketfold Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £52.00
TOLANU Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £45.19
  Your hole cards

hotchipz Call   £0.50 £1.25 £48.09
cowie01 Raise   £2.50 £3.75 £8.37
pocketfold Call   £2.25 £6.00 £49.75
TOLANU Fold        
hotchipz Call   £2.00 £8.00 £46.09
Flop

• Q

pocketfold Check        
hotchipz Check        
cowie01 All-in   £8.37 £16.37 £0.00
pocketfold Call   £8.37 £24.74 £41.38
hotchipz Call   £8.37 £33.11 £37.72
Turn

pocketfold Bet   £16.56 £49.67 £24.82
hotchipz Call   £16.56 £66.23 £21.16
River

pocketfold Check        
hotchipz Check        
cowie01 Show

pocketfold Show

hotchipz Muck
  • Q
  • A

pocketfold Win Three 5s £64.43   £89.25

Comments

• edited December 2009
    should i of bet the river?
  • edited December 2009
    i dunno you played it nicely and set up to make 3 streets of value from the set if a nice river comes

but he will probly check behind anything but the flush or J 10, so given that you are check calling the river so will stack off against a flush anyway, then you may as well shove and expect him to fold a high % but also put him to the test with his strong 1 pair, and his 2 pair hands.

• edited December 2009
    always shove this
  • edited December 2009
    i think you plyed it perfect

there was a possible flush out which he could have easilly had or a straight so in my theory u had maxximum value
    thanks
  • edited December 2009

Yeh it's a check call, unless he goes for an overbet then u've a problem!

As your out of position, betting and being raised is a nightmare, if ur in position and have had the lead all the way, I'd bet if he checks to me.

Nice check, wp.

Ida raised the flop tho....at least a min raise, thats the only value I think uve missed here.

haha just read thru my post for spelling and stuff and Ive realised Ive just said "AT LEAST A MIN RAISE!" hahahaha its early.

Nice check on the end, wp.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    By the way if you constantly check call in this spot you're losing tons of value and always losing when you call his shove on the river because every draw gets there on this board. He's always checking 1/2pairs on river behind you which a decent % will call your £25 into £50 as pot is too juicy for them to lay down decent hands on river.

Therefore checking river is perfectly awful.

Only check if you plan to fold this in which case lol though expect to see flushes a decent amount here cause of your flop call.
  • edited January 2010
    no, i wouldnt bet the river, it stinks of a flush draw to me the way he played it, he never bet out on the flop or post flop, just  called.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Pocketfold

To me this is an easy shove on the river.
    Do you have any notes on this guy is he loose fishy? Tight? Unless he is a really fishy and you have notes I can't see him putting more than half his stack in on the flop and turn with a flush draw unless its exactly J10 of clubs which he would raise on the turn anyway as there is a side pot in play. His range here is like AQ/KQ/QJ + JJ/1010 its unprofitable to check this river in the long run mate, so to me easy shove :)