You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What now?

edited February 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerAction

CardsAmountPotBalancegman81Small blind £0.05£0.05£3.79gray16Big blind £0.10£0.15£7.79SngwizkidSit out     Your hole cardsQK   CATCH-22Fold    jimb0d1Raise £0.30£0.45£18.86LARSON7Call £0.30£0.75£10.51gman81Fold    gray16Fold    Flop  296   jimb0d1Bet £0.38£1.13£18.48LARSON7Raise £1.00£2.13£9.51jimb0d1Call £0.62£2.75£17.86Turn  4   jimb0d1Check    LARSON7Check    River  7   jimb0d1Bet £1.40£4.15£16.46LARSON7Raise £4.18£8.33£5.33      
Larson likes to play in position and put players to the test. What is my move on the river?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Really? Fold is your option i think.  Not even sure why you called the reraise on flop with only overcards.

I can't see this being a bluff too often at this level, as you could well be on the flush draw as well given your call on the flop. So his raise as a bluff would be in my opinon a little crazy. As played fold is your option and for me I likely just dump it on the flop after he reraises the flop and only holding overcards.
  • edited February 2014
    You've got the 3rd nuts and have already invested over a third of your stack. You're also getting 7/2 on the end. Move those chips in. If he has Ac or Kc, well good luck to him.

• edited February 2014
    Should fold flop.

Slam dunk fold river.
  • edited February 2014

Fold flop.

As played I'd be calling this river, purely because checking the Ac/Kc on the turn makes zero sense given the flop action.

• edited February 2014
    Fold flop. You have little equity, your cards might not even be live AND your OOP.

River, far better to check call. That way you can call off a bluff and not have such a tough decision. As played we have to fold, this does not look like a bluff or a worse hand value betting.
  • edited February 2014
    should either of you have a big club in your range? if larson is any good then i would call but i wouldnt have that stubborn club but as its nl0.10 and he took the free card i fold
  • edited February 2014
    fold on the flop, your out of position and the K or Q would win little yet could loose lots more.

as played the best thing would be to check call on the river, what larson has done on the turn is he will be holding an Ac+pair and is putting you on either 2 overcards or maybe an overpair played weakly. the thing with the turn is he knows you are not going to call with over cards and maybe you had the flush and were planning on Ch/R and the only calls he can see you making is with hands that beat his own.

If he did have Acxc maybe he thought of trying to make himself look scared of the flush and then could do a value bet and be called by your over pairs.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: What now?:
    Fold flop. As played I'd be calling this river, purely because checking the Ac/Kc on the turn makes zero sense given the flop action.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    I agree with this post Jim.

Defo fold the flop.

Against most players at 10nl this would be a fold.

However, as the hand plyed, most times the Kc definatly Ace of c, would always be getting bet on the turn.

In saying that, the price was so big, i don't think calling here is profitable in the long term, as it is seldom a bluff.
  • edited February 2014
    C'm on Larson7. Did you have either A/K. I think you were bluffing!!
  • edited February 2014
    Re-raise flop.

He's on the button and can never have a hand.

• edited February 2014
    Re-raise flop. He's on the button and can never  have a hand.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Like it!
  • edited February 2014
    Most of the time I would fold flop, but im stubborn and you were loving that button so I hung around, perhaps the flop reraise really was my best play once decided to muck about   :)

I didnt actually consider that you may reraise on the river, and suspected that I might still be good but most of the time you are going to have the Ac as you know I wont be betting without a decent club. NH.
  • edited February 2014

Yeah most of the time it's a good fold. You didn't lose much at all in the hand.

Especially at 10nl, most players, especially "regulars" are never bluffing here.

You were good here tho, I had no club in my hand.

• edited February 2014
    Yeah most of the time it's a good fold. You didn't lose much at all in the hand. Especially at 10nl, most players, especially "regulars" are never bluffing here. You were good here tho, I had no club in my hand.
    Posted by LARSON7
    You shark, you ;)