You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Studying Poker

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Personally i'm not big on the studying side of poker, i learn from just keep playing, iv read some books. im just wondering what fellow sky players feel the best form of studying is and what has helped them to improve there game further?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Studying Poker:
    Personally i'm not big on the studying side of poker, i learn from just keep playing, iv read some books. im just wondering what fellow sky players feel the best form of studying is and what has helped them to improve there game further?
    Posted by gruntex
    Hi Gruntex.

I suppose it all depends on a players personality and what level they are at.

Theres books out there for just about everything - for players that suffer from Tilt, players that want to play more aggro, players that want to play a wider range of hands, beginners right down to the pro, so it depends a lot on want you want to bring to your game. 

If you are still improving without the aid of books then thats great as long as we are not picking up too many bad habits along the way. Reading a book can sometimes highlight a weak part of our game which we never actually knew we had.

Books can be great stress reliever when we are on the inevitable long downswing imo and can actually help us limit the damage.

There are many many articles on the internet nowadays for anyone who doesn't want to be bothered reading a whole book, so I definitely think books, articles or just the studying of poker has its place in the game, we just have to add our own personality or style to it. 
  • edited February 2014
    Cheers for the respone trev, im doing ok atm doing well in mtt's, i want to take my game to the next level in higher buy in mtt's, and will be doing everything i can to study to improve my whole game further, but i would like to focus on playing wider hand ranges as you mentioned.