You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC 6 max day 1b hand ( and pre amble ).

edited February 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Thats a really filthy spot. It's probably a pass, but you'll kick yourself if she rolls over the flush draw and Carlo shows K10 or something.

It's not beyond the realms of possibilty that one of them has AK (despite not being 3bet pre). KQ and 77 is the more realistic worry. I think KQ would be a call, KJ is borderline. Probably go with the hand if we had a little less chips. But assume we still have near enough 35-40BB behind so not too desperate.

Looks like quite a small cbet, guess the pot is close to 20k pre, so you bet about 1/3 ish? She jams her flush draw over a perceived weak cbet, Carlo reships with K10....

I honestly don't know....at least you had more than 15 seconds to decide ;)

Comments

• edited February 2014
    After  around 8 hours and building a top 10 stack of over 240k and feeling great I found myself on a table with I would say 6 of the top 10 stacks on  ( all over 200K) including Sinem Melin and JulienThew ,both with over 300k stacks.( blinds around 600/1200)
    A few hours later of  3 betting, 4 betting and so on , mainly from Sinem and probably being totally outplayed I was down to around 100k when the table broke feeling a little dejected.
    I sat down to see JP Kelly, Carlo Citrone, Mark Convey, another huge stack who I didnt know and a lady with roughly the same stack as me.
    There are around 45 players left and 2 more levels left of the day
    So second hand in on new table Blinds 1200/2400. I have no info on players other than Carlo and JP know what they are doing :-)

I raise utg 5.1k  KJ cc
    M convey- folds
    Lady- calls
    big stack-folds
    Jp Kelly-folds
    C citrone- dwells then calls.

FLOP- KsKh7s

Citrone- checks
    I bet- 6.2k
    Lady- Jams 95k
    Citrone-Jams around 250K

Am I ever ahead here?
  • edited February 2014
    Or she might have flopped the house. Jams looking like on a draw, and knows a K (maybe AA/QQ too) is not gonna fold. 
  • edited February 2014
    Very interesting hand and one I'm hopefull gets a lot of replies.

OK, time to test out my thinking. Personally I am disregarding what 'The Lady' has as we beat this range enough to call. The question is; do we beat Citrone's range?

We are behind to AK, KQ, K7s (i'm saying K7s because its hard to believe he would call with K7o OOP) and 77. He could easily have these as well as AK would be hard to play OOP and the dwell pre could easily have been him thinking what to do with any of these hands.

We beat K10 and lower, any PP apart from 77 and any FD. 

So, is he check raising all-in with a draw on a paired board after another all in? I doubt it. So that leaves PP's and Kings. Is he flatting 3 way with AA, QQ? No. Is he doing this with 66 and lower? No. So that leaves 88-JJ. I seriously cant see him check raising with any of these after an allin. 

We are now down to Kings. The only real K's we beat are K8s, K9s and K10 and that isnt very likely but possible. 

Now we have to ask would he isolate all in with the hands we are behind too? I think yes as just calling would look super strong and the best way of getting you TO call with a K is to go all in.

I may be wrong but im folding, I think we are behind enough times to make folding here correct. Yes he could have the same hand but we cant really count that as we are thinking about what we beat here, not what we may be chopping with.

• edited February 2014
    I'd struggle to fold to the ladies jam with 95k, but a rejam on top? I just can't see us being ahead that often. Sure there are possible hands we are ahead of that might do this, but think we are being optimistic or lucky if we are up against two players on the hands we are ahead of.

Carlos dwells pre with what? Deciding if to raise AK? If to set mine 77? For me, if one of them don't have KQ or 77 here I'd be surprised. Certainly one could be going at it with a PP thinking the cbet looks weakish, but I just can't bring myself to believe ot often we are ahead of both.

That said, I folded a hand yesterday where I was sure one of two people had to be ahead of me only to find i was ahead of both after I folded. Would have lost the hand, so felt ok about it, but that was results based and so... Still think in this case fold is right most times int his spot.
  • edited February 2014

Against Carlo I think this is a fold.

I'd be calling v an unknown though.

• edited February 2014
    Easy fold v Carlo.  His range here is AK/KQ/K7s/77.
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah agree with all of you that I am behind to Carlo all of the time which is why I am so dissapointed in myself for calling.
    Sometimes I just dont do what my head is telling me to do and I definately didnt give myself long enough to think about it. I think going out when you made a big mistake hurts a lot more than a beat, especially in one of the biggest tourneys you have played in and after having a big stack that could have seen me run deep.
    I was actually behind the lady (AK) aswell so Carlos (77) shove would/should have saved me.
    Never been so dissapointed through poker but absolutely loved playing against players who I watch online all the time and for a while holding my own.

By the way an Ace came on the turn for a pretty sick beat for Carlo.