You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Record Poker Results?

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Hey!

Does everyone record their poker sessions? Wins / losses?

Do you just use a spread sheet, or write it down?

I've been sent over atleast 5 different spread sheets in the last year, but still hav'nt used 1. Don't understand spread sheets!

Then I started writing it down on paper, but kept forgetting, which got abandoned after a while.

Do you think it is important?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I use http://www.pokerscore.co.uk/

For my heads up sessions. Pretty easy to set up and use, you can filter results pretty easily.

Cash I dont play and mtts are a little folly that I dont really track atm.

Does help to keep tabs on progress and most profitable games
  • edited February 2014
    I have been recording my sessions for 2 years now but I just used a word document with the date,hrs,limits,profit/loss,points etc for each day

then up the top of my document I have my monthly hrs,days,profit/loss etc so I know how much i`ve played and won/lost for month.

but I also created a spreadsheet this month see if it`s better but tbh I don`t think matters as long your results is accurate put down and you can understand it fully.
  • edited February 2014
    I just write it down, i just write the amount i have in my account at the end of every session.  Also write down any withdrawals.   Then end of every month i can work out proffit/loss easily.

Would use a spreadsheet in an ideal world, with MTT STT and cash seperate.  and would also do points earned at each etc...   but like to keep it simple.
    Look forward to hearing what others do though, no dout the pro's have some 'sick' spreadsheets and stats.
  • edited February 2014
    i use the wife.

wife - "chris!" 

me -" yeah babes?"

wife - "how much have u spent on poker this month"

me - " i deposited £10 on payday"

wife - "well the bank sais youve deposited 10 every day this month....... its the 29th"

me - "love u"

wife - "............."

i record this month as a loss.

but made £3.69 in points.
  • edited February 2014
    I'm a low level, low volume recreational player so for me I can't see the benefit of keeping records of my sessions. I'd rather spend the time reading the poker clinic or reviewing a few "key" hands.   I class my poker as a hobby and if it costs me a few ££ per week I'm happy.  Having said that, I can't recall the last time I've had to deposit.  I had a BIG win 6 months ago on Skybet which has funded both altho thats dwindling as after a few beers I sometimes go daft and reg for the £55 BH!   (I really should start a diary!)  ;-))
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Record Poker Results?:
    I'm a low level, low volume recreational player so for me I can't see the benefit of keeping records of my sessions. I'd rather spend the time reading the poker clinic or reviewing a few "key" hands.   I class my poker as a hobby and if it costs me a few ££ per week I'm happy.  Having said that, I can't recall the last time I've had to deposit.  I had a BIG win 6 months ago on Skybet which has funded both altho thats dwindling as after a few beers I sometimes go daft and reg for the £55 BH!   (I really should start a diary!)  ;-))
    Posted by Glenelg
     Hello m8 I would open up a dairy instead of a diary ,drink milk and save some money :)
  • edited February 2014
    Date   
    Duration
    Profit/loss
    No. of hands

And then just a summary of time/profit/hands at the end of each week. 

Excel speadsheet. No need to overcomplicate it. All you need imo. 

Pretty easy to record if you note down your balance before and after a session. You can get the correct number of hands by adjusting the time period in HH for different intervals during the session. You can't really establish a win rate in terms of bb/100 per hour if your playing different limits because it's just hassle adding up profit and loss for each limit. However, you can get profit/100 hands ect and it's just good to record results I think. This is all just for cash btw. I used to record P&L for tournaments but found that a complete waste of time as sharkscope tells you everything you need to know for like £6.99 for 100 searches I think.

Btw this would all be pretty pointless unless your putting in alot of volume cash wise as it won't reflect your true win rate and will just be meaningless numbers in a spreadsheet. If so I'd just stick to P&L for each day.

• edited February 2014
    I record my DYM results on an Excel spreadsheet, one page per buy-in level.

Each row ends up with time, date, and the name of the six players in finishing order.

Each time I play a new one I've got some formulas to check what percentage of the time I've played them they cash, and just as important, finish 6th.

It also keeps my winning percentage as a running total too.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Record Poker Results?:
    Posted by Glenelg
    Well, whatta ya know?  I had a few beers, It's only £55...  At one stage I had Nutter,  Macmonster, Beefy, Tommyd, Solack and another at my tables!  GULP!  Suffice to say....well why not check out Garyqqq's  most excellent winners thread?