You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
just been to a far far away land
suffered a severe infection of my foot
major swelling and pain

After 3 days find a reputable doctor
he decides to chop away at my flesh with his scalpel

quick - need a distraction - i know - i'll check what's been happening at the UKPC - can't login but can read the forum at least on my phone

what - Tikay's done something - but what? click click click on my phone - wow - a great result in the UKPC PLO event - i knew he had it in him. tears running down my cheeks - unmitigated joy at tikay's result of course - nothing to do with the blood runnning down my foot.

wp Tikay and many thanks

Comments

• edited February 2014
    been five days since the aforementioned surgery.
    hurts like hell still

TK - any chance of something equally distracting?
    How about a 100% dym evening or similar

ps gl with the head cold
    (only orford gets man flu)
  • edited February 2014

Morning Gelders, & thanks for the kindly words.

How is the foot now?

"....How about a 100% dym evening or similar...."

What exactly do you mean? I'm happy to try & organise some sort of fun evening, if that is what you are suggesting. It'll have to be next week, as I've got a house-guest this weekend, & it can't be next Tuesday or Thursday, as I'm doing the Show both those evenings.

Talk to me.......

• edited February 2014
    a fun evening sounds a lot of fun
    haven't been able to play for a few weeks so would be a nice way to kick start things again

as for what - guess we need someone feeling creative to come up with some ideas
    but I'm always up for a challenge

tbh what I really meant by 100% dym was to see in your diary
    played 23 won 23 lost zero
    that would have cheered us both up
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need some more help tikay:
    a fun evening sounds a lot of fun haven't been able to play for a few weeks so would be a nice way to kick start things again as for what - guess we need someone feeling creative to come up with some ideas but I'm always up for a challenge tbh what I really meant by 100% dym was to see in your diary played 23 won 23 lost zero that would have cheered us both up
    Posted by GELDY
    OK, will try & think of something next week, for a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome.

P 23, W 23, L 0? I wish. Some ugly sessions this week, just Updating the Diary. Look away now, sorta thing.

• edited February 2014
    Waiting for the inevitable "fun" and "Dym" don't belong in the same sentence comments :)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome:
    Waiting for the inevitable "fun" and "Dym" don't belong in the same sentence comments :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Ha, it's inevitable that it'll come.

It's really weird, we all enjoy different things, & yet some folks do like to diss others who are enjoying themselves.

We live in very strange times. 

How is the little 'un? How has it affected your routine? Mum OK?

• edited February 2014
    Pft!

'Fun' and 'dym' don't really belong in the same sentence, if you ask me!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome:
    In Response to Re: a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome : Ha, it's inevitable that it'll come. It's really weird, we all enjoy different things, & yet some folks do like to diss others who are enjoying themselves. We live in very strange times.  How is the little 'un? How has it affected your routine? Mum OK?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am good thanks Tikay
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome : I am good thanks Tikay
    Posted by MattBates
    BOOM!

Did you enjoy UKPC, Matt?
  • edited February 2014
    whats the plan??

are you thinking set buyins, for people who want too take part? 

what about setting it up as team based games miby which team has most success or players vs presenters if u could organise something like that. not sure you could get them all involved but tikay and miby ricorford would take part in something like this.

or just a case of we will be playing £5.50 DYMS come and join if u like?
  • edited February 2014
    whats the plan?? are you thinking set buyins, for people who want too take part?  what about setting it up as team based games miby which team has most success or players vs presenters if u could organise something like that. not sure you could get them all involved but tikay and miby ricorford would take part in something like this. or just a case of we will be playing £5.50 DYMS come and join if u like?
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Not decided yet Chris.

If I do try & organise something, it will need to be "inclusive", so that low stakes players have the same opportunity & chance as higher stakes players.

For instance, we could say "biggest % of games won", which means folks can play at ANY Level & still have an equal chance of winning. 

I cannot check results either, except via Sharkscope, so it has to be a "trust" thing when players report results.

I'll think on it over the weekend, & try to come up with something by Monday, & we'll do it one night next week.   

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need some more help tikay : OK, will try & think of something next week, for a "fun" evening of DYM's. All suggestions, from anyone, welcome. P 23, W 23, L 0? I wish. Some ugly sessions this week, just Updating the Diary. Look away now, sorta thing.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    i think u was unlucky not to win 23................................
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: need some more help tikay : i think u was unlucky not to win 23................................
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Ha!

The way I ran last night, yeah, it was a bit embarrassing!

PS - I do like the way you always wish everyone "good luck" before every DYM. It's sort of corny, but nice. I like nice.