You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can you only learn so much playing sky Poker site?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Does anyone else find they are at a cross roads with their poker on this site?

I am just a rec player, but now think i need to look else where to develop my game further.  Playing for a year now, i can often get my tournaments started well.  But everytime i do, due to nature of the sky format i get sucked out on each nad every time. 

I understand thats poker but it seems all to often the worse The play the better the results.  What is anyones reccommendation to improve game further.  Is it that 6 max forces Action and crazy play gets there more.  This poor guy went from leader to out in 4 hands, 2 was AA all in pre and one KK, all cracked by who ever shoved on him.

Love poker, but think that sky format is holding me back

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Can you only learn so much playing sky Poker site?:
    Does anyone else find they are at a cross roads with their poker on this site? I am just a rec player, but now think i need to look else where to develop my game further.  Playing for a year now, i can often get my tournaments started well.  But everytime i do, due to nature of the sky format i get sucked out on each nad every time.  I understand thats poker but it seems all to often the worse The play the better the results.  What is anyones reccommendation to improve game further.  Is it that 6 max forces Action and crazy play gets there more.  This poor guy went from leader to out in 4 hands, 2 was AA all in pre and one KK, all cracked by who ever shoved on him. Love poker, but think that sky format is holding me back
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Work on your game and stop blaming the site!
  • edited February 2014
    Does anyone else find they are at a cross roads with their poker on this site? 
    Posted by Nuggy962

Oh dear!  Another Casualty!

• edited February 2014
    you cant win money playing sky tournaments then you will never win it anywhere. COLDHARDFACT!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    Love poker, but think that sky format is holding me back
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Please clarify what you mean when you say "sky format" ..
  • edited February 2014

Have to change your profile picture for sure.

I'd suggest you need to move back abit before you think of moving forward.
  • edited February 2014
    Yep.  Move to another site.

I've heard there are no badbeats anywhere else.

Im amazed sky has any custom!

Cya.
  • edited February 2014
    I'm with you on this one Nuggy, so unfair to have big hands lose, happens to me often when playing live and I'll tell you this, LIVE poker is definitely rigged to the hilt!
  • edited February 2014
    It is true that in 6 max you will have to play more hands than in 8, 9 or 10 seat tables but bare in mind that there are no antes on Sky which makes a difference. If you are playing mainly BH format that too plays faster and looser than say a deepstack and Sky is mainly BHs. No harm in trying other sites Nuggy most who play on Sky do play elsewhere as well.
    Gl with improving your game.
  • edited February 2014
    although i don't play mtts's (just a little cash on here),
    The only downside i can see from playing on sky is you cant use any tracking software on here i.e pt and hem,And i can understand why sky don't allow it,
    sounds to me you are not adjusting your range to allow for the games just being six max,
     and adjusting your range again when you get deeper into the mtt or as you put it (Is it that 6 max forces Action and crazy play gets there more.)
    Obv you do understand that even ak is going to lose to qj some of the time so if people are attacking you when in blinds and the such,So its probs because they understand that you are only waiting for premiums and are liable to be able to get these bets through a high % of the time to make it +ev
    so conversely it should just be  case of balancing your range and 3 betting wider pre against these type of players 
    My advise would be sign up for one of the better video training sites or find some good ebooks i.e Lee Nelson's "Kill Everyone", David Sklansky's "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" are two that spring to mind although im sure there are plenty of others

regards 
    iah
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Can you only learn so much playing sky Poker site?:
    although i don't play mtts's (just a little cash on here), The only downside i can see from playing on sky is you cant use any tracking software on here i.e pt and hem,And i can understand why sky don't allow it, sounds to me you are not adjusting your range to allow for the games just being six max,  and adjusting your range again when you get deeper into the mtt or as you put it ( Is it that 6 max forces Action and crazy play gets there more.) Obv you do understand that even ak is going to lose to qj some of the time so if people are attacking you when in blinds and the such,So its probs because they understand that you are only waiting for premiums and are liable to be able to get these bets through a high % of the time to make it +ev so conversely it should just be  case of balancing your range and 3 betting wider pre against these type of players  My advise would be sign up for one of the better video training sites or find some good ebooks i.e  Lee Nelson's "Kill Everyone", David Sklansky's "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" are two that spring to mind although im sure there are plenty of others regards  iah
    Posted by iatehorse
    Good constructive advice - nice post
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Can you only learn so much playing sky Poker site? : Good constructive advice - nice post
    Posted by POKERTREV
    you do need to play 9 /10/ seater tables the game is much different than a 6 seater table.
  • edited February 2014
    It is true that in 6 max you will have to play more hands than in 8, 9 or 10 seat tables but bare in mind that there are no antes on Sky which makes a difference. If you are playing mainly BH format that too plays faster and looser than say a deepstack and Sky is mainly BHs. No harm in trying other sites Nuggy most who play on Sky do play elsewhere as well. Gl with improving your game.
    Posted by a00rock
    Thanks for that

No harm in having a dabble else where - do you recommend any other sites?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Can you only learn so much playing sky Poker site? : Thanks for that No harm in having a dabble else where - do you recommend any other sites?
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Would be incredibly bad form to recommend any other sites on Sky's own forum!
  • edited March 2014