You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lost confidence

I am 7th on sharkscope list for most tournies played on sky but im about to give up. I have lost all confidence,i cant even beat the 30p turbos . so with great reluctance im stopping playing on sky at the end of the month.                         

Comments

• edited February 2014

perhaps if u actually played a bit rather than just folding or shoving no matter the blinds or your stack.  I have played on the same tables as you fairly often and that is your standard move and every time you've shoved and been called you've had AA, KK, QQ etc.  it didn't take me long to work out how u play so obviously wont take others long either.  Im no pro but maybe its time for a new strategy.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to lost confidence:
    I am 7th on sharkscope list for most tournies played on sky but im about to give up. I have lost all confidence,i cant even beat the 30p turbos . so with great reluctance im stopping playing on sky at the end of the month.                         
    Posted by freshener
    Why wait until the end of the month? Life is too short.

GL elsewhere.
  • edited February 2014
    ok thanks for informing everyone, there will be a leaving party on saturday for you at dusk til dawn, few cash games then into town for a session, 7pm meet, look forward to seeing everyone :-)
  • edited February 2014
    yes life is to short so thx for those 2  replys account cleared and gone .
  • edited February 2014
    bit harsh lads.

30p turbos will be hard to beat simply due to the rake mate.

maybe try different games, just play with whatever you are comfortable.

and dont worry about spells of run bad they happen to us all. if you are struggling ask for some advice, there's plenty willing to help.

good luck
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: lost confidence:
    bit harsh lads. 30p turbos will be hard to beat simply due to the rake mate. maybe try different games, just play with whatever you are comfortable. and dont worry about spells of run bad they happen to us all. if you are struggling ask for some advice, there's plenty willing to help. good luck
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    its not that harsh teddy, i was just having a laugh but the amount of announcments you get on here from people telling everyone how there leaving the site etc is beyond a joke, its as if the whole of the sky community should stop to a standstill or beg him to stay something, if your going just go, no need to make such a fuss about it!!!
  • edited February 2014
    hehe, it did have the ring of idcu about it.

just think poker is an emotional game sometimes esp if you've been dropping money for a while and havent had the results. we have a kareoke sesh for idcu when he leaves, but i do think people who are less involved in the community might get turned off by regs having a laugh at them when they are down.

just my 2c

• edited February 2014
    yeah fair point ted, just cant help myself :-) theres allways the option of improving your game though rather than leaving the site if losing money gets you so emotional.
  • edited February 2014
    its always the same pair with the clever (boring) comments. you two should release a DVD..zzzzz! Hes free to write what he wants in the forum.
  • edited February 2014
    its always the same pair with the clever (boring) comments. you two should release a DVD..zzzzz! Hes free to write what he wants in the forum.
    Posted by mrdavies
    its cos were real!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: lost confidence : its cos were real!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Ahh ye, thats what it is. I retract my statement!
  • edited February 2014
    Hi mate. How many tables are you playing? I think if you reduced your volume and table count your results would improve if your decision making is slightly-off. The games on sky are quite soft and with a little bit of effort you should be able to work out ways to beat them. If your not willing to try to improve, expect something for nothing and blame sky for your results then your doomed imo as you will not find weaker MTT fields anywhere else. 
  • edited February 2014
    Just looked at your scope. You mainly play SNGs with an average buy in of £0.63. You have an ROI of 4.6%. As far as I am aware this is pretty decent for DYMs? What's the problem lol?
  • edited February 2014
    Teddy, I can see how my post might have come across as a bit 'dry' perhaps, but it was a genuine suggestion. If he's lost all confidence on/in Sky, then why wait an extra 3 days until the end of the month and prolong the agony?

Loads of other poker sites he could load up and be playing on immediately. But as Ryanc7 says, he appears to have reasonable stats, so should perhaps stick with it as Sky is regarded as a pretty soft site.
  • edited February 2014
    @ Op....

Shame you cant play the £2k winter games freeroll on sunday!!!!

Gl with another site dude,

( might use `find a player` or look in lobby on sunday!!! )