You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY's next live event

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Doesn anyone know when the next live event Sky are planning is?

Is it an SPT or anotber UKPC

I assume there will be another UKPC at some point after the success of the last one... Would be interesting to know what sky are planning...

Personally, I would like to see the UKPC become an annual 2 week festival with the goal of becoming like the WSOP for the UK. There are already enough "tours", but maybe there is a gap in the market for a WSOP style festival...

One other small gripe was that is was difficult for anyone other than the main event winner to win the leaderboard, a more spread out schedule and more events would change that + help with the overcrowding at DTD.

Overall though, I think Sky should be very proud of what they have achieved with the UKPC, it was a fantastic event.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I would be extremely surprised if - on the back of the success of this - the UKPC did not become an annual occasion; probably with slightly larger guarantees over this year, more events, a few lower buy-ins, a larger international presence, and a longer festival in general.
  • edited February 2014

Hi Melty, & thanks for the kind words.

Fair to say, I think, (speaking personally, not for the Business) overall it was an overwhelming success, it was required to tick a whole bunch of different boxes, & ticked pretty much every one I believe.

If we did it again, yes, they'd change a few things, including the Leaderboard format I think, but in the greater scheme of things, it was not a big deal really.

It's a "watch this space" situation, really. The Suits from Sky Poker & DTD met privately last Thursday, once we knew for sure that the thing was destined to be as big as a success as it was, to chat about where, how & if we go from here as to "future adventures" including the Sky Poker UKPC.

These things can't be agreed "on the spot" of course, all sorts of factors have to be considered, but it was discussed, along with some other ideas.

It's a case of wait & see now, I can't really say more than that, as I don't know more than that. But yes, the whole thing is in discussion right now.

Fair to say, personally, I was very proud of what Sky Poker & DTD put together. Relieved, too....;)

I doubt there could be too many folks who thought it was not a total success, especially for it's inaugural running.    

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: SKY's next live event:
    Hi Melty, & thanks for the kind words. Fair to say, I think, (speaking personally, not for the Business) overall it was an overwhelming success, it was required to tick a whole bunch of different boxes, & ticked pretty much every one I believe.   If we did it again, yes, they'd change a few things, including the Leaderboard format I think, but in the greater scheme of things, it was not a big deal really.   It's a "watch this space" situation, really. The Suits from Sky Poker & DTD met privately last Thursday, once we knew for sure that the thing was destined to be as big as a success as it was, to chat about where, how & if we go from here as to "future adventures" including the Sky Poker UKPC. These things can't be agreed "on the spot" of course, all sorts of factors have to be considered, but it was discussed, along with some other ideas. It's a case of wait & see now, I can't really say more than that, as I don't know more than that. But yes, the whole thing is in discussion right now. Fair to say, personally, I was very proud of what Sky Poker & DTD put together. Relieved, too....;) I doubt there could be too many folks who thought it was not a total success, especially for it's inaugural running.      
    Posted by Tikay10

How exciting. I really hope it becomes a big festival. I'd be very suprised if DTD werent keen on it too. never seen the place so busy!

Yeah, I wasnt moaning about the leaderboard - as you say, it was really a minor point.

I hope sky run sats for the side events too next yr

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: SKY's next live event:
    In Response to Re: SKY's next live event : How exciting. I really hope it becomes a big festival. I'd be very suprised if DTD werent keen on it too. never seen the place so busy! Yeah, I wasnt moaning about the leaderboard - as you say, it was really a minor point. I hope sky run sats for the side events too next yr
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Well they have not agreed anything yet, so we need to hold the horses for the moment......

DTD broke all records last week for attendance, biggest ever Live Super Sat, biggest ever Guaranteed High Roller in the UK, etc. 

That £550 6-Max had over 400 runners, (£200,000) & was a SIDEY....!

I can't recall an Omaha Tourney in the UK at the £550 level that attracted 79 runners, either.  
  • edited February 2014
    So the UKPC was a massive success, congrats to everyone involved. But now that it's finally over can we please get some updates on SPT plans? The last proper SPT (ie outside DTD with mostly Sky players) was ages ago and it's now the end of February and nothing has even been announced.