You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just a wee suggestion

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
shouldve put the last one as 'all of the above', i do not how too edit the poll. 

me personally would like too see all of them. 

if u think all of them please leave a post saying so.
thanks.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Having looking at a post earlier with a poll i thought i would put in some suggestion for sky and the forum to miby put thier input in aswell.

the sugestion(s) are.. 
                                  some new formats in the sit and go section. more than one table games for smaller stakes miby from 12 to 30 seater smaller stake games from 25p 50p and a £1.  no late reg once filled it could start. 

Would love to se the BH's back in the sit and go section up too 18 seat ranging from all Buy Ins.

a form of Zoom poker ......  miby call it SKY SHUFFLE for example.

I know sky doesnt have as high a volume of players as other sites but would some of these not work.

• edited February 2014

The multi-table SNG thing would be great, but I don't see it'd work in the current lobby format.  Whenever I fancy a change and register an SNG it takes forever to fill up and I often end up de-regging to play something else.

Perhaps if these multi-style tables were included towards the top of the MTT lobby, replacing some of the equivalent buy-in events, more people would have visibility of them and get signed-up... then as soon as it fills (ie meets its guarantee / fixed payout) the game starts and a new tournament of equal value spawns out?

May ultimately also prove more popular than some of the tournis during quieter times that only get 10s of people regged...

I'd quite like some sort of sky shuffle, but would guess that really would need a major jump in player base - with the possible exception of NL4.  Although I suppose if it would be easy to add from a software POV then maybe it could be trialled at the micros?

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Just a wee suggestion:
    The multi-table SNG thing would be great, but I don't see it'd work in the current lobby format.  Whenever I fancy a change and register an SNG it takes forever to fill up and I often end up de-regging to play something else. Perhaps if these multi-style tables were included towards the top of the MTT lobby, replacing some of the equivalent buy-in events, more people would have visibility of them and get signed-up... then as soon as it fills (ie meets its guarantee / fixed payout) the game starts and a new tournament of equal value spawns out? May ultimately also prove more popular than some of the tournis during quieter times that only get 10s of people regged... I'd quite like some sort of sky shuffle, but would guess that really would need a major jump in player base - with the possible exception of NL4.  Although I suppose if it would be easy to add from a software POV then maybe it could be trialled at the micros?
    Posted by shakinaces

I posted a thread an age ago about having a 24-36 man SnG across varying levels, with respawning SnGs once one has almost filled, BUT pinning them at the top of the MTT lobby so it got the runners.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Just a wee suggestion : I posted a thread an age ago about having a 24-36 man SnG across varying levels, with respawning SnGs once one has almost filled, BUT pinning them at the top of the MTT lobby so it got the runners.
    Posted by gazza127

good idea +1
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Just a wee suggestion : I posted a thread an age ago about having a 24-36 man SnG across varying levels, with respawning SnGs once one has almost filled, BUT pinning them at the top of the MTT lobby so it got the runners.
    Posted by gazza127
    Just not going to work on here.
    It takes an eternity for 6max SnGs to fill up on here. There just wouldn't be the demand for it.
    Could be waiting 3 hours for it to get going.
  • edited February 2014
    I think the reason sky have steered away from bigger sngs is down to slow numbers for regging @6 players. Sky poker to mean seems like that are about people playing in the evening, winning some money and not staying up to late before work in the morning. Extending formats and larger sngs would mean people waiting longer to spend more money on the site. 

I thought this by lack of any real tourneys between 2am and 10am as the numbers on the site are mainly playing cash.

For the zoom idea the software would need an update or to be proven to be glitch free as people are already complaining that they can't see cards when they move table. Again though this would also be number dependant if they were to roll it out for cash or mtt or both. 

Lots of ideas have stemed from the giant that is PS but for sky poker I imagine they have big plans for the site and live tourneys after dipping their feet in the live pool and creating such a successful first main event.

• edited February 2014
    Posted by gazza127
    I remember it
    great idea
    must be other mtt players who would join a small field mtt if nothing else interesting left in the lobby
  • edited February 2014
    miby a little more "go away chris and dont be silly" votes than i was hoping for. 
    thanks for taking the time too vote anyway and the input.
  • edited February 2014
    I think the sng and go MTT is good and may work with gazza's suggestion of making it a sticky in the mtt tab as it will not get the runners in the SNG tab
  • edited February 2014
    I would very much like to see multi-table sng's 18 seated plus.
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by gazza127
    I reckon this would work if it was stickied in the MTT lobby.