You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new laptop

edited December 2009 in The Shed
hello sky community, i just wondered if anyone could give some advice on what to look for when i buy a new laptop in the next few days. I'm only interested in browsing the internet and playing online poker. I  want to be able to play at least 4 tables at a time which at the moment is not possible due to my very old pc.  Any advice would be great. THANKS

Comments

• edited December 2009

Aup habbin.

I have no idea when it comes to technology so wud be interested to know the answer too.

Just to add to ya question....what makes the site run faster? is it the quality of ya laptop? ur internet connection? both? or something to do with ya internet settings n stuff?

Also wen mi bro is home from uni we're often online at the same time on different lappys? - Wud this slow both our connections down or doesnt it matter?

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    Loads of offers atm in all the big stores, i'd stick to laptop and not be tempted with a cheaper netbook if your multi tabling due to the small screen

You will get a nice one between £300-400.... Try not to go less than 4GB Ram
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: new laptop:
    Aup habbin. I have no idea when it comes to technology so wud be interested to know the answer too. Just to add to ya question....what makes the site run faster? is it the quality of ya laptop? ur internet connection? both? or something to do with ya internet settings n stuff? Also wen mi bro is home from uni we're often online at the same time on different lappys? - Wud this slow both our connections down or doesnt it matter? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lots of things contribute towards making your game run "faster".
    The "quality" of your laptop (i.e. RAM and processor), your internet connection, other software/malware on your laptop, the browser you are using, the versions of software and other programs that you have running at the same time all contribute.
  • edited December 2009
    my wife and i just got a 4gb 15 inch screen lappy with vista and security software, it was a DELL and got it on line for £350. It works a peach with no problems, and everyone we have spoken to that has this make say they are the best, i hope this helps
         Mr Loonytoons
         Managing Director
         DELL Computers Ltd
         U.K
         Only joking lol
  • edited December 2009
    Oooooh, Vista - good choice.

Bill Gates.  (Only joking).
  • edited December 2009
    Just bought the good lady a Mac Book Pro for her Xmas, (From my Sky Poker winnings Chuffed or what lol:) )

Using it just now, it is amazing 
  • edited December 2009

Lisa-Marie knows all about laptops... what features they need & where to get 'em from and stuff ;-)

• edited December 2009
    Lisa-Marie knows all about laptops... what features they need & where to get 'em from and stuff ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I'm sure that must be a smutty remark - I just can't figure it out. :-)
    I'm certainly going to keep on trying, though.
  • edited December 2009
    Smutty? MOI?! Nah, 'fraid not old bean ..... but you're welcome to continue trying to work out what I'm on about :-) (and no cheating by PM'ing LM haha)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to new laptop:
    hello sky community, i just wondered if anyone could give some advice on what to look for when i buy a new laptop in the next few days. I'm only interested in browsing the internet and playing online poker. I  want to be able to play at least 4 tables at a time which at the moment is not possible due to my very old pc.  Any advice would be great. THANKS
    Posted by habbin
    Most new laptops should easily be able to handle multi-tabling.  Consider going for one with a large screen that can display a high resolution.  This should enable you to display more tables on screen at the same time.

Go for Windows 7 over Vista (I'd be suprised if you find a laptop on sale that does not at least have the option of a free upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista).

Set yourself a limit then shop around for a model with the fastest processor and most memory.
  • EENEEN
    edited December 2009
    Good UK company based in Bradford that has some fairly competitive prices and their customer services are top notch: www.cclonline.com

Also their phone lines are charged at local rate so makes life easier. You can also email them at sales@cclonline.com and they will get back to you with suggestions and links and all things beneficial.

( I used to work for them and can recommend them as being top notch )

Good luck.
  • edited December 2009
    Good offer on now at pc world HP G61-110sa, it has 4GB ram and a dual core processor, perfect for your 4 tables =) oh and its £399
  • edited December 2009
    thanks for the help and advice guys.