You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LOW STAKES CASH GAMES---TIPS PLEASE!!

I have recently decided to cash in my bankroll bein as it was xmas and realised id left everything to the last minute!! so iv decided to try and regain my bankroll using the low-stakes cash games and not being used to this level, am finding a lot more difficcult then i thought to profit from because, largely, to complete FISHES at this level.

Anyone got any general tips?????

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Patience, wait till you hit the big hands then push push push, you will get called, just make sure your AK hits the flop etc b4 going crazy
  • edited December 2009
    ABC only for the micros.  No fancy play at all.  And I would suggest your standard preflop raise is 4xBB rather than 3xBB.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: LOW STAKES CASH GAMES---TIPS PLEASE!!:
    ABC only for the micros.  No fancy play at all.  And I would suggest your standard preflop raise is 4xBB rather than 3xBB.
    Posted by TommyD
    4xbb at the very least.  If ur gettin too many callers, then 5 or 6, sometimes 7.  Never slowplay, never bluff, no hero calls, and u will be back to ur normal level in no time
  • edited December 2009
    thanks for the comments guys. i will take these on board and try not to take the bad beats too much 2 heart, after all i wont ever be losing too much money in the short term

Hope to be playing u all again soon at the higher stakes
  • edited December 2009
    Simple TAG game will work perfect for you like everyone said above. Although might get quite boring for you, you could play 2 tables just to keep your concentration and patience.

GL
  • edited December 2009

Main tip is give credit for a hand, a lot less bluffing goes on in micro than people think sometimes. in general at the micro's if they bet then they have hit (not always hard but in general they have something). You will however get called by draws a lot more often for your bets with top pair top kicker etc so it becomes easier to offer the wrong odds and get paid (also does lead to massive outdraws and broken laptops though)

• edited December 2009
    I've just come off a 2p/4p game and I cant believe what people will call/raise with - all in with Q2.
    Its shove city, I came away with 78p in profit.
    People were coming in with £2 and trying to steal the blinds with rubbish - a difficult game to read!
  • edited December 2009
    I often raise as much as 5 or 6 times the bb pre-flop - try to stick to strong hands and play tight - it's dull, but if you have a modicum of ability you should clean up long term at 2p/4p...you will suffer an inordinate amount of bad beats though. I'd play as much post flop as possible, knowing I can outplay the opponents. A lot of players bet very small post flop - ie 8p into 60p pots - some can be bullied by pumping up to a proper bet size level, but you have to know who you can pick on
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks again for all the comments. Played for about an hour earlier at these levels and made about 5quid!! so could be a long process but once i get used to it im sure ill be profiting much more. how did these players ever get into poker by the way!!!! surely they have a better way 2 make money cos it sure aint working for most of them!
  • edited January 2010
    Can someone tell me how to upload hands? played one a bit earlier

5p/10p

ive got Kd 9d and in the BB

2 limped in, i checked. 3 in the pot, flop comes down 2h 9s 9c. Im first to act and check, villian bets out 40p button folds, i re-raise to make it £1 all together, he calls. Im first to act on the turn, 2h 9s 9c 10c I bet out £1.60, villain calls. River: 2h 9s 9c 10c Qs I bet out £2. he shoves all in, i call and he shows KJo

Some of the play at mirco stakes makes you scratch your head, but well played to the other guy, he hit his card and tonight was his night. I dont want this sort of hand to affect my play, so i congratulated him and left. Another big tip, when it does happen  to you, dont tilt! we've all had our moments when we've lost a few quid through tilting :)

-ABC poker
    -Use 4x BB raises pre-flop
    -If you get a hand, make sure you get paid off
    -Good bankroll management (AT LEAST 15 buy ins before even contemplating playing that paticular level) should normally be 20+ but you can get away with slightly less because of the easy money there
    -Dont overcomplicate things

P.S Sorry if it sounds a bit of a moan that hand i played ;)