You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it absolute nuts that this person needs to do a bet

Donttelmum Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.40
LadyLeo Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £4.47
  Your hole cards

haidyboy Fold        
  Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £10.69
bindi Fold        
craigcu12 Call   £0.40 £1.10 £26.62
Donttelmum Fold        
LadyLeo Fold        
Flop

• Q

Check        
craigcu12 Check        
Turn

Bet   £0.40 £1.50 £10.29
craigcu12 Raise   £1.35 £2.85 £25.27
  Call   £0.95 £3.80 £9.34
River

Check        
craigcu12 All-in   £25.27 £29.07 £0.00
  All-in   £9.34 £38.41 £0.00
craigcu12 Unmatched bet   £15.93 £22.48 £15.93
  Show

craigcu12 Show

Win Three 5s £21.35   £21.35

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Don't understand the question...
  • edited February 2014
    the tables today seem to have been filled with lots of tight passive, if this was a loose passive player the set would have been all in on the turn but tonight i've seen lots of tight passive play such as limping with JJ the checking a set and full house all through on the channel a flush just checked his hand all the way through to the river and this person himself didn't seem found enough to reraise his set.

really it comes just 2 days after i had been jammed by an AQ on the river when their was a massive risk from AK AA and KK calling.
  • edited February 2014

It used to be "no set no bet" nowardays it's "no top set, no bet" !

Welcome to nl20 Craig. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.!
  • edited February 2014
    my thinking when i see nits like this i'm thinking to myself why not play the the connectors like 98 J10 76 and just limp in because it is that they play premium pairs terrible
      Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £17.08
    craigcu12 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £38.57
      Your hole cards

Donttelmum Fold        
      Call   £0.10 £0.40 £16.98
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.80 £1.20 £37.77
      Call   £0.80 £2.00 £16.18
    Flop

Check        
    craigcu12 Bet   £1.00 £3.00 £36.77
      Raise   £3.80 £6.80 £12.38
    craigcu12 Call   £2.80 £9.60 £33.97
    Turn

All-in   £12.38 £21.98 £0.00
    craigcu12 Call   £12.38 £34.36 £21.59
      Show
    • Q
    • Q

craigcu12 Show

River

• J

Win Pair of Queens £32.64   £32.6
    if he is more confidient of QQ when the board is very connected i could win loads of big pots from limping them hands in pre and unlike the fish these are tight enough for me to bluff them off some hands
  • edited February 2014
    i misclicked wheni called the shove on the turn i thought he would be holding 2 pair or straight but atleast i now know that he prefers to bet these hands in bad spots.
  • edited February 2014
    I don't really understand your objection to the play in the first hand.  Opponent doesn't flop his set, and checks to you in position. You've flopped your set but check behind?  Then on the turn he starts to bet but you take the betting initiative off him.  If he bet-raises the turn you're going to need to be pretty strong to follow along.  Instead, as you have the initiative he's going to be pretty confident you will bet a safe river if checked to, and his plan is probably to raise at this point.... but he doesn't have to because you make a double pot shove?!

Don't get it.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: is it absolute nuts that this person needs to do a bet:
    I don't really understand your objection to the play in the first hand.  Opponent doesn't flop his set, and checks to you in position. You've flopped your set but check behind?  Then on the turn he starts to bet but you take the betting initiative off him.  If he bet-raises the turn you're going to need to be pretty strong to follow along.  Instead, as you have the initiative he's going to be pretty confident you will bet a safe river if checked to, and his plan is probably to raise at this point.... but he doesn't have to because you make a double pot shove?! Don't get it.
    Posted by bbMike
    Yeah, to be honest Craig, the opponent played it pretty well. I'd probably have done similarly (although I'd have bet more on the turn). You're the one who played it badly! :)
  • edited February 2014
    well if they are going to be so kind i think a calling station is good as i will get to see so many cheap rivers with suited hands and draws and gutshots then just over bet the river
  • edited February 2014
    i looked up this type of player and they sound like a rock so i guess i should have went for a bet fold on this river and the best thing to do is use the very heavy suited boards to steal from them
  • edited February 2014

First hand, set over set. Bit of a cooler I guess, though a bet on the flop and it doesn't happen prehaps. He might call flop though and then same thing happens I guess.

Hand two, I think you overplayed a overpair here in my opinon. I have to wonder if you are always this aggresive with hands? If so it is possible they are playing passive against you on purpose.

Not saying this is the case, but if keep finding you are getting all the meoney in while behind it is normally time to look hard at your own game rather than the villian that got it in good.

Look at it this way, if I'm playing someone that is playing passive poker and they suddenly get into betting into me or raising me I normally treat my hand like it's a live grenade.

• edited March 2014
    Why is it that I see hands you post that you flop a set/strong hand yet decide to check? BET. Always bet and never slow play and you won't go too far wrong.
  • edited March 2014
    +1 to the above.

In hand one, when you raise the turn he's probably expecting you're gonna bet close to 100% of rivers so it's completely standard for him to check, allow you to bet, then probably shove over the top. He played it about as good as he could have. You on the other hand, should have bet the flop, and shouldn't be jamming river for 2x pot imo. We should just make a 'normal' bet size, and if he jams we obv have to call it off, but jamming this big just makes it vvv hard for us to get called by a worse hand.

Hand 2 - Yeah turn is a fold imo but I think you know this judging by your post. Flop is probably a fold tbh. Passive people that then decide to c/r almost 4 times our bet usually have 1pr crushed.

Try to focus on how you can exploit people's mistakes. For example, if someone is loose-passive then we bet/fold, bet/fold, bet/fold thinner for value.