You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
In Response to Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark?:
Just as Oz is the home of the Cowardly Lion, I am starting to wonder if Sky is the Home of the Cowardly Shark? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all the Sharks on Sky are of the Cowardly Variety. Ive seen the TV, ive viewed the Copenhagen table where players who will rip your arm off (otherwise known as your bankroll) as soon as you sit down next to them. No, I'm talking about them medium levels where you look down the lobby and see all those 2 man tables with 1 person sat at it. And u think, i've got 50 quid, i've got a 100 quid, i fancy a run at this. so you register. And you log on to post big blind and then watch their clock run out till it says SAT OUT. I mean what is that all about?? What do these players do, check you out on Sharkscope until they decide you are FISHY enough. So you sit there like a lemon, until eventually you get bored and de reg, and move back onto a tournament. Now, if you are lucky enough for one of these players to deign to decide they will mix it up with you for a few hands, o don't they get upset if u start bearting them, "How bad are you" "You're the worst player ever" stuff i expect to see on 2p/4p not from people who are semi known. Sheesh! Don't get me wrong, if the insults start to get thrown, i'll stand my ground, in the words of (nerd alert) Captain Sherdidans father "Never stat a fight, but always finish it". So i do, if i'm winning and the insults start flying, i just leave the table, and take my money with me. Advice I pass on to you now dear reader should you decide to jump into one of these Cowardly Sharks ponds. If you are a cowardly shark, and sit there on a 1/2 waiting for an opponent to register, the least i think you can do is take on whatever fish drops into your pond be it skate/haddock or barracuda. And i also think, at least once a day each of the Copenhagen regs should sit at these tables, just to make the previous incumbent run away, LOL My name is Memfno, I'm a friendly fish, coming to a pond near you, please have the decency to try to eat me!
Posted by memfno
haha, nice post memfno. 

Might want to correct that typo though, I assume it means beating, but you're 1 letter off berating too. And we wouldn't do that, would we? ;)

gl sir.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Just as Oz is the home of the Cowardly Lion, I am starting to wonder if Sky is the Home of the Cowardly Shark?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all the Sharks on Sky are of the Cowardly Variety. Ive seen the TV, ive viewed the Copenhagen table where players who will rip your arm off (otherwise known as your bankroll) as soon as you sit down next to them.

No, I'm talking about them medium levels where you look down the lobby and see all those 2 man tables with 1 person sat at it. And u think, i've got 50 quid, i've got a 100 quid, i fancy a run at this. so you register. And you log on to post big blind and then watch their clock run out till it says SAT OUT. I mean what is that all about?? What do these players do, check you out on Sharkscope until they decide you are FISHY enough. So you sit there like a lemon, until eventually you get bored and de reg, and move back onto a tournament.

Now, if you are lucky enough for one of these players to deign to decide they will mix it up with you for a few hands, o don't they get upset if u start beating them, "How bad are you" "You're the worst player ever" stuff i expect to see on 2p/4p not from people who are semi known. Sheesh! Don't get me wrong, if the insults start to get thrown, i'll stand my ground, in the words of (nerd alert) Captain Sherdidans father "Never start a fight, but always finish it". So i do, if i'm winning and the insults start flying, i just leave the table, and take my money with me. Advice I pass on to you now dear reader should you decide to jump into one of these Cowardly Sharks ponds.

If you are a cowardly shark, and sit there on a 1/2 waiting for an opponent to register, the least i think you can do is take on whatever fish drops into your pond be it skate/haddock or barracuda. And i also think, at least once a day each of the Copenhagen regs should sit at these tables, just to make the previous incumbent run away, LOL

My name is Memfno, I'm a friendly fish, coming to a pond near you, please have the decency to try to eat me!

• edited February 2014
    Amended and TY Dohhhh :-) 
  • edited February 2014
    This has been covered a many times. 

Have to say your story is my favourite so far though, cudos.

• edited February 2014
    NAME & SHAME THEM...

• edited February 2014
    you know you can't do that ludacris, the thread would close, what i can say is i did drop into ludo's pond earlier and left suitably chastened! wp
  • edited February 2014
    It was fun while it lasted!

They can't close it for listing players who won't give action to a casual player, surely? As  long as you are not abusive
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark?:
    Just as Oz is the home of the Cowardly Lion, I am starting to wonder if Sky is the Home of the Cowardly Shark? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all the Sharks on Sky are of the Cowardly Variety. Ive seen the TV, ive viewed the Copenhagen table where players who will rip your arm off (otherwise known as your bankroll) as soon as you sit down next to them. No, I'm talking about them medium levels where you look down the lobby and see all those 2 man tables with 1 person sat at it. And u think, i've got 50 quid, i've got a 100 quid, i fancy a run at this. so you register. And you log on to post big blind and then watch their clock run out till it says SAT OUT. I mean what is that all about?? What do these players do, check you out on Sharkscope until they decide you are FISHY enough. So you sit there like a lemon, until eventually you get bored and de reg, and move back onto a tournament. Now, if you are lucky enough for one of these players to deign to decide they will mix it up with you for a few hands, o don't they get upset if u start beating them, "How bad are you" "You're the worst player ever" stuff i expect to see on 2p/4p not from people who are semi known. Sheesh! Don't get me wrong, if the insults start to get thrown, i'll stand my ground, in the words of (nerd alert) Captain Sherdidans father "Never start a fight, but always finish it". So i do, if i'm winning and the insults start flying, i just leave the table, and take my money with me. Advice I pass on to you now dear reader should you decide to jump into one of these Cowardly Sharks ponds. If you are a cowardly shark, and sit there on a 1/2 waiting for an opponent to register, the least i think you can do is take on whatever fish drops into your pond be it skate/haddock or barracuda. And i also think, at least once a day each of the Copenhagen regs should sit at these tables, just to make the previous incumbent run away, LOL My name is Memfno, I'm a friendly fish, coming to a pond near you, please have the decency to try to eat me!
    Posted by memfno

Nice post memfo very well written....
  • edited February 2014
    I like this post!
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark?:
    NAME & SHAME THEM...
    Posted by Ludacris
    Do you ever give up? What are you actually trying to gain by keep rambling on and making a fool out of yourself - you came on here yesterday like John Travolta on weight gain running your mouth naming 'regs' who wouldn't play you - you named me - I played you for 1/2 hour even though I said rake is too much at nl50 let's play nl100 you proceeded to say nothing and buy in for £40 rather than full buy in - what a guy. 
    You've clearly had your botty pulled out last few days and decided you wanna try n win some
    Back and play some 'regs' knowing if u run ok you could make some money back - which is fine but all this naming and shaming players - u literally need to grow up - playing poker full time is tough and player selection is key. If your having a bad month and running bad why would u wanna sit and play a real decent opponent - your confidence is low - you feel like every flip u have you lose - you can't win a thing - why would u wanna have a mental game with someone just as good as you vs rake where u MIGHT win a few buy ins .... 
    Needless to say - yesterday you sat down i played you 2 tables - took 3 bi's - and u still proceeded to slate me on here along with a list of other regs. Your a joke Ludacris I think I speak for all us 'bum hunters' GIVE IT A REST
  • edited March 2014
    you must be confusing me with someone else Chips. I never created a post about Bumhunters
  • edited March 2014
    you must be confusing me with someone else Chips. I never created a post about Bumhunters
    Posted by memfno
    It was for Ludacris thats why i quoted his post ^^^ 
    Nothing against you - pretty sure weve played before tho ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark? : Do you ever give up? What are you actually trying to gain by keep rambling on and making a fool out of yourself - you came on here yesterday like John Travolta on weight gain running your mouth naming 'regs' who wouldn't play you - you named me - I played you for 1/2 hour even though I said rake is too much at nl50 let's play nl100 you proceeded to say nothing and buy in for £40 rather than full buy in - what a guy.  You've clearly had your botty pulled out last few days and decided you wanna try n win some Back and play some 'regs' knowing if u run ok you could make some money back - which is fine but all this naming and shaming players - u literally need to grow up - playing poker full time is tough and player selection is key. If your having a bad month and running bad why would u wanna sit and play a real decent opponent - your confidence is low - you feel like every flip u have you lose - you can't win a thing - why would u wanna have a mental game with someone just as good as you vs rake where u MIGHT win a few buy ins ....  Needless to say - yesterday you sat down i played you 2 tables - took 3 bi's - and u still proceeded to slate me on here along with a list of other regs. Your a joke Ludacris I think I speak for all us 'bum hunters' GIVE IT A REST
    Posted by ChipsFool2

You are replying to a post from 2 weeks ago, paranoid much?

Didn't see 'play 100', saw you say it in other thread then came to play and you sat out saying 'too tired.' Be honest.

You are not as bad as crazyben23 who threatened to report me to sky for playing in a banned country as i wouldn't tell him my location and get my account banned, very strange guy.

• edited March 2014
    What's the difference in rake at 50NL as opposed to 100NL? Didn't think it was all that much?

Also I disagree with the philosophy that 2 regs playing each other only results in sky profiting from rake.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark? : You are replying to a post from 2 weeks ago, paranoid much? Didn't see 'play 100', saw you say it in other thread then came to play and you sat out saying 'too tired.' Be honest. You are not as bad as crazyben23 who threatened to report me to sky for playing in a banned country as i wouldn't tell him my location and get my account banned, very strange guy.
    Posted by Ludacris
    2 weeks ago? Or 2 days ago? Pipe down little boy. 
  • edited March 2014
    What's the difference in rake at 50NL as opposed to 100NL? Didn't think it was all that much? Also I disagree with the philosophy that 2 regs playing each other only results in sky profiting from rake.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    ^ you are on flying kiddy 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark? : ^ you are on flying kiddy 
    Posted by ChipsFool2
    ^ You are one flying kiddy **
  • edited March 2014
    Your a strange little creatue arent you ludacris, just love making yourself look like uve got mental problems. The convo went like this -

Me - were u from
    U - never u mind 
    Me - what? So u wont tell me ha
    U - im from a banned country

Hope u get banned that would make my day
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Sky the Home of the Cowardly Shark? : ^ You are one flying kiddy **
    Posted by ChipsFool2
    Can you answer how much the rake difference is then?

Rake only wins when you encounter a nit HU/you both play nitty.

btw.... anyone know why this happens. I sat at 2 HU tables (against an opponent who sat out both times) but then it wouldn't let me join a 3rd table? Sure, I can understand this if I was sat out but I was sat in and willing to play.