You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Personal Challenge,

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all, I've been dabbling occasionally on Sky for a long time now and haven't really paid attention to my stats or profit/loss In the past. I think I've played around 600 mtts and currently have an average ROI of 50ish%

I've recently had a break from playing online on other sites and feel the breaks done me good and feel I'm ready to get back in the swing and play regularly again.

CHALLENGE: I've deposited £400 and have set a profit target of £5k by the end of the year. I did actually play last Friday and won a small BH but finished my session down £20. (So really we're starting with £380.)

Opinions? Is this achievable?  I have no plan ATM to play on any other site this year and should be playing exclusively on Sky.

I really do struggle with volume at times and feel setting a high target will be just the incentive I need to get my backside playing a lot more again.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Good luck. 

I have know idea if it will be achievable but u never know.

will u just be playing mtt.s or will u be playing cash aswell.

one big win on some of the mains would boost you up a good bit but without them think it would be difficult too reach 5k.
  • edited February 2014
    Good luck with your challenge mate, played against you a few times, and you can defo do it, but like everthing you need a bit of luck at the right times, but one big win and who knows..
  • edited February 2014
    i dont know if its achievable because ive no idea what sort of game you have, ur stats are quite good but 600 games is a smallish sample to be fair. 5k target is more than achievable for any half decent player i would say, regarding volume, just find urself a schedule for every night you play and get into a routine. dont forget to play sats into the main event aswell cos one bink and u are off and running, best of luck!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Personal Challenge,:
    Good luck.  I have know idea if it will be achievable but u never know. will u just be playing mtt.s or will u be playing cash aswell. one big win on some of the mains would boost you up a good bit but without them think it would be difficult too reach 5k.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    no cash mate just mtts and sngs.

I'll be using bank roll management where and when I can but I like to play whilst drinking so cant promise I'll be playing optimumly. ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    I'll try and update after every session for anyone whos interested. I have to admit im a bit lazy with this sort of thing but will try.
  • edited February 2014

just encountered someone that's won 2 mtts in all his days and thinks hes god. lol at the big fella. day 1 isn't going too well though.

• edited March 2014
    Played against you a few times Cowhead ;) all the best bud. Just bink the Roller one week then thats 5k+ in the bag, easy game.
  • edited March 2014
    just encountered someone that's won 2 mtts in all his days and thinks hes god. lol at the big fella. day 1 isn't going too well though.
    Posted by cowhead

Just so everyone knows its me that he is saying thinks i am god lol

Was talking to JJJach at the table when he sat about Annette15 saying when i first started playing poker i played against her when she actually was Annette15 b4 her betfair sponsorship and he asked what site it was. I said crypto which i thought it was but this guy jumped in calling me all the lying so n sos under the sun and being totally vile.

Like i said it was when i first started and i may have been wrong about the site/network as i played loads of them then but it takes nothing to be nice in this world and guys like this just turn my stomach.

BTW ive won 13 mtts on here since joining in august not 2 :)

Also ive just had a look at your profile page and it says your involved in poker journalism so that is obvi why you jumped in with your correct facts about Annette ( so i stand corrected on that matter )  also it says you work in banking which proves my reads at the table are razor sharp because as soon as you started mouthing off i said to myself now there goes is a right banker.

Good luck cos after playing v you tonight i think your gonna need it
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    I was on a table with you earlier this evening cowhead and you tore into Steelrod for his 4bet jam with J9ss after I had min raised utg and you had 3bet me on the button with Q7ss.  Like I said to you at the time, no need to have a go at steelrod, he was obviously doing the cold 4bet jam as he knew you were 3betting light and it makes his hand look super strong and if this wasn't his reason then be happy that you have someone 4betting you super light!

Remember, people can play how they choose, it's their money not yours, it's your job to try to take there money not to tell them how they should play.

Anyway, nobody is perfect, we've all had a rant at someone at some stage.  Good luck with your challenge!
  • edited March 2014
    dont think you have quite hit it off too well with the sky regs cowhead, haha. blame it on the drink!!! good enough excuse. i cant critisize you to much cos ive been known to be a bit of a knob in the chatbox from time to time with certain people when im running bad, i dont mean it though and im sure you dont either :-)
  • edited March 2014
    COMING TOMORROW---Another personal challenge!
  • edited March 2014
    Diminuendo is God
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Personal Challenge,:
    Hi all, I've been dabbling occasionally on Sky for a long time now and haven't really paid attention to my stats or profit/loss In the past. I think I've played around 600 mtts and currently have an average ROI of 50ish% I've recently had a break from playing online on other sites and feel the breaks done me good and feel I'm ready to get back in the swing and play regularly again. CHALLENGE: I've deposited £400 and have set a profit target of £5k by the end of the year. I did actually play last Friday and won a small BH but finished my session down £20. (So really we're starting with £380.) Opinions? Is this achievable?  I have no plan ATM to play on any other site this year and should be playing exclusively on Sky. I really do struggle with volume at times and feel setting a high target will be just the incentive I need to get my backside playing a lot more again.
    Posted by cowhead
    You'll be cowhead of NPF, final-tabled SPT Newcastle 3 or 4 years ago, right?

Welcome. ;)
  • edited March 2014
    The rant hand in question :),your right doubleAAA blinds were big and short stacked no option.but I don't need to explain anything to cowhead gl with your challenge tho.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesteelrod Small blind  600.00 600.00 4170.00 efc200824 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 14840.00   Your hole cards J 9       trebor10 Fold     DoubleAAA Raise  2400.00 4200.00 54495.00 DiggerMan Fold     cowhead Raise  6000.00 10200.00 53980.62 steelrod All-in  4170.00 14370.00 0.00 efc200824 Fold     DoubleAAA Fold     cowhead Unmatched bet  1230.00 13140.00 55210.62 steelrod Show J 9    cowhead Show Q 7    Flop    6 6 9       Turn    3       River    8       steelrod Win Two Pairs, 9s and 6s 13140.00  13140.00
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Personal Challenge, : You'll be cowhead of NPF, final-tabled SPT Newcastle 3 or 4 years ago, right? Welcome. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    yes mate
  • edited November 2014
    Ok guys.

Dim: I call a spade a spade, if I think someones talking chit i'll say it.

DoubleAAA: I do go overboard a little but, it's nothing personal. I like to blow off steam and then move on in others without tilt.

Challenge wise, we've done it. 7 wins in just over a week and tonight has seen us win 3 mtts, the highlight being the 22 quid 1500 bh which has tipped us over 5k.

Looking for another challenge for 2015. Any ideas?
  • edited November 2014
    The rant hand in question :),your right doubleAAA blinds were big and short stacked no option.but I don't need to explain anything to cowhead gl with your challenge tho. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance steelrod Small blind   600.00 600.00 4170.00 efc200824 Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 14840.00   Your hole cards J 9       trebor10 Fold         DoubleAAA Raise   2400.00 4200.00 54495.00 DiggerMan Fold         cowhead Raise   6000.00 10200.00 53980.62 steelrod All-in   4170.00 14370.00 0.00 efc200824 Fold         DoubleAAA Fold         cowhead Unmatched bet   1230.00 13140.00 55210.62 steelrod Show J 9       cowhead Show Q 7       Flop     6 6 9       Turn     3       River     8       steelrod Win Two Pairs, 9s and 6s 13140.00   13140.00
    Posted by steelrod
    Please ignore the rant Steel.
  • edited November 2014
    Ok guys. Dim: I call a spade a spade, if I think someones talking chit i'll say it. DoubleAAA: I do go overboard a little but, it's nothing personal. I like to blow off steam and then move on in others without tilt. Challenge wise, we've done it. 7 wins in just over a week and tonight has seen us win 3 mtts, the highlight being the 22 quid 1500 bh which has tipped us over 5k. Looking for another challenge for 2015. Any ideas?
    Posted by cowhead
    Perhaps a good challenge for you would be to show some class,humility,and generally good grace. Well done on achieving your personal goal. They say the cream rises to the top, so does s,hit. 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Personal Challenge, : Perhaps a good challenge for you would be to show some class,humility,and generally good grace. Well done on achieving your personal goal. They say the cream rises to the top, so does s,hit. 
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Well said Tom a little humilty and respect at the tables goes a long way
  • edited November 2014
    yip well said tom,i respect people at the tables so I expect the same but all forgotten cow gl m8