You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Good afternoon Mr Orford.
If you are not to busy this afternoon, would you be able to participate in the£2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
As a defending champion, it would be an honour to have you defend your title.
All the best.
Rainman397.

Comments

• edited March 2014

This Sunday is different.

It's not a Super Roller Sunday.

It's a...

MEGA ROLLER SUNDAY!

With a whacking great big guarantee of £30,000 in prizes before anyone even signs up to the game- this is the poker hit you've been waiting for all week. Not only will be there be a £10K 1st prize at stake, but the whole shebang will get plenty of live coverage on Sky Poker TV this Sunday night.

So, register now and/or start satelliting and then come 7pm Sunday hit the TV stream on the homepage or set your Sky Box to Channel 861 for the full experience.

As for the schedule- as you can imagine we're mainly going large on the MegaRoller but we'll mix it up with action from the Mastercash tables to keep you on your toes!

Your hosting line-up is Richard Orford- so famous they've based an entire town on him...

and Redmond Lee- so famous they've named him as a bicycle capital. Yeah, pretty weird. I'll give you that...

All banter, questions, hand requests gratefully received and read out on the show, so pop them either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And for a bit of fun on the side, let’s have your answers to this question…

HOW MANY POKER PLAYERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHTBULB?

Couple of example answers from the good ol’ internet…

One to change the lightbulb.

Fifteen to relate 'bad lightbulb beats'. 

Three to tell the fifteen to shut up, and that bad lightbulb beats are a part of the lightbulb game. 

Five to act out of turn by changing a lightbulb before it had blown.

Or simply…

It depends...

Use your imagination and let’s have ‘em!

• edited March 2014
    A set of three because one of them trips the switch! Boom! Boom!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    I won my seat for £6 into the main event tommorrow. Please be gentle with your review of my hand when i get knocked out first. My first big tournament. Wish me luck AwrightyA
  • edited March 2014

HOW MANY POKER PLAYERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHTBULB?

It takes one to change the bulb, then explain to the rest of the table how to use it!
  • edited March 2014

how many players does it tske too change a lightbulb.

1 person telling you,  60w is the way  u should make this change u.t.l..."under the lamp."

2 ppl telling u,  thats far too big for this u should go 40w in your u.t.l position

and another 3, sitting in the dark not having a clue what too do or where they are

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    Good afternoon Mr Orford. If you are not to busy this afternoon, would you be able to participate in the£2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK. As a defending champion, it would be an honour to have you defend your title. All the best. Rainman397.
    Posted by rainman397
    Ah, sorry Rainman. Only just got in today so missed it. I'm sure I'll play again at some stage in the future, but you can't blame me for eeking it out. As it stands I have a 100% record, and it can only go downhill from there!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    In Response to The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread*** : I won my seat for £6 into the main event tommorrow. Please be gentle with your review of my hand when i get knocked out first. My first big tournament. Wish me luck AwrightyA
    Posted by AwrightyA
    Welcome to the forum AwrightyA and nice work getting your first big tourney seat for six quid. Best of luck tomorrow- I'll read your message out and hopefully we'll get to see one or two of your hands!
  • edited March 2014
    Awesome entries so far for the "How many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb?" question.

Can tell this is going to be a good one. Keep them coming.

I'm going to try and wangle a few midweek main event seats to the best ones. If I can get them out of our producer. Charles Dickens based A Christmas Carol on his life story, so don't expect anything major... ;-)
  • edited March 2014
    Well only a night away now, starting too get a little excited or nervous, not sure which one.

playing my FIRST roller, got in for £5.30 through too the semi then took the semi aswell. so binked my seat in the roller not just the roller the MEGA roller, not bad being it was the only tourny at the time i could afford for £5.30 and late reg'ed.

looking forward too it as i dont think ill be playing many of these unless of course... i manage to hit the high end of the cashing.  

just looking too enjoy the game mainly and try and my play my "A" game and concentrate on the decissions im making.  any sort of cash i will be over the moon by.

good luck too all taking part in the roller.

Question for redmond.... What tips or advice can u give about playing this tough field and how u think i should approach this game? on your experiances when u run deep in these bigger tournaments does the prizepool affect your play? how do control these feelings?

and just to get it out the way just now  "GREAT SHOW AS ALWAYS GUYS"

chris_mc

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread*** : Ah, sorry Rainman. Only just got in today so missed it. I'm sure I'll play again at some stage in the future, but you can't blame me for eeking it out. As it stands I have a 100% record, and it can only go downhill from there!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2014
    How many poker players to change a light bulb?

Well if they're online grinders , then none as they have no concept of light & dark.
  • edited March 2014
    How many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one, as long as it isn't me. I'm always in the dark.
  • edited March 2014

question: how many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb?

answer: a forum.  one to change the lightbulb and the others to threaten to leave unless it is changed back.

• edited March 2014
    Q. how many poker players does it take too change a lightbulb?

A.  one if he knows what too do with the turn.
  • edited March 2014

Six. Max.
  • edited March 2014
    Q. How many poker players does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None And do you know WHY? Because no one in this house is out of a hand long enough                                                                                                                                                                                              Q. how many poker players does it take to change a light bulb?                                                                         A. Any number greater than 6. Otherwise they’re all short-handed and  they can’t reach high enough to change the lightbulb.
  • edited March 2014
    question: how many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb? answer: a forum.  one to change the lightbulb and the others to threaten to leave unless it is changed back.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Brilliant.. snap prize for this one!!
  • edited March 2014
    None.  The lightbulb isn't broken, it's just bluffing us
  • edited March 2014

Seven. Six to change the lightbulb and one in the corner crying on the bubble coz he stuck around for the whole process, did loads of work but has nothing to show for it.
  • edited March 2014

1 to change the lightbulb and drop it. And the other 99 on the rail saying 'VUL' 'GG'
  • edited March 2014

PS- I've got two or three Turbo Tuesday main event seats to give away tonight to the best answers to the lightbulb question.

Get your thinking scre w-caps on!

• edited March 2014
    How many poker players does it take to change a lightbulb? 100. 1 to change the lightbulb and drop it. And the other 99 on the rail saying 'VUL' 'GG'
    Posted by RICHORFORD

lol

can u give yourself the prize. 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night MEGAROLLER live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread*** : lol can u give yourself the prize. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    That was my intention Chris. But sadly, producer says no.
  • edited March 2014
    Q. how many player does it take too change  a lightbulb

A. one guy making an aggressive move putting it in. But he forgot about the guy on the Button about too turn it on.
  • edited March 2014
    1 to call the clock on the person changing the light bulb, 1 to change the bulb, 20 lightbulb bad beat stories, 15 get on with it you really screwed that up, 
    light bulbs are a never ending game comments, 40 gg ul comments and 33 wait till it,'s actually blown before u change it comments.

• edited March 2014

a minimum of 3 for an over the head light bulb

1st person to deal the cards
    2nd person the be the first person who does a bet preflop and post flop
    3rd person onwards to fit the new light bulb over his head when he has came up with a decision
    PING
  • edited March 2014
    None if scotty77's teeth are there to brighten the room...

• edited March 2014
    Great show so far guys!

Light bulb Question.

Just the one because in everything I read from poker players, they always get it in good. 
  • edited March 2014
    I reckon the answer is NONE - because no poker player has ever done it!!  They are too scared of timing out in a hand so they just continue to work from the lights on the computer/laptop/ipad whatever lol.

PS - apparently these days they're not technically called lightbulbs anymore - they are lamps 
  • edited March 2014

Well, It depends.  Do you have position?  What sort of fitting is it?  There is no one right answer to this