You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best babies names

edited January 2010 in The Shed
My sister had her little girl on the 21st but she called her mercedes . being a true east end girl i cant get my head around the name choice she and her hubby both drive audis so its doubtful she was conceived in a merc, who else knows of ludicrous babba names

Comments

• edited December 2009
    gwyneth paltrow, named hers apple i think, also all bob geldoffs kids have daft names, the funniest serious name i have ever heard in the real world was a friend of mine had the name George Chicken!! i kid you not lol, also their was a guy from New Zealand, a maori who had the local dialect name of ichi anas lol
  • edited December 2009
    Haha, Kdanem, she's obviously a Hollyoaks fan.

Best names for me? Well after the last few days I think "annoying" has to be the best one.
  • edited December 2009
    a fella i went 2 school with had the name wayne kingseller .... u just wouldnt do it!!!!!!!!.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names:
    a fella i went 2 school with had the name wayne kingseller .... u just wouldnt do it!!!!!!!!.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    mr + mrs vucker next door named their dawter ,Martha
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    1 of my teachers was called wayne curr
  • edited January 2010
    WENT TO SCHOOL WITH A GIRL CALLED PORSHCE CARR AND ONE OF MY TEACHERS AT COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL WAS CALLED RICHARD STIFF OR D*CK TO HIS FRIENDS OH HOW WE LAUGHED WHEN WE WERE 13!
  • edited January 2010

There's a guy called D!ck Pulleyn living somewhere near Selby. Always makes me chuckle when someone mentions his name.

• edited January 2010
    gwyneth paltrow, named hers apple i think, also all bob geldoffs kids have daft names, the funniest serious name i have ever heard in the real world was a friend of mine had the name George Chicken!! i kid you not lol, also their was a guy from New Zealand, a maori who had the local dialect name of ichi anas lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    You've got to feel sorry for Peaches Honeyblossom, Fifi Trixiebelle & Little Pixie. Can you imagine having to go to school with a weird name like Geldof.
  • edited January 2010
    The names I wanted for my first offspring were:

Boy: Thruster, Astro-Kid, Troy Dunlop, Marauder, or Keith. 

Girl: Charcoal-Briquette.

My wife vetoed all of them, and my first born was eventually named Eva. Having attended the Registry office on my own, I cannot tell you how tempted I was to 'slip in' a creative middle name that would have remained as my delicious little secret. I was going to name her after my boyhood hero, and christen her: Eva Knievel.

I paced around outside for at least an hour before common sense prevailed. In the end, I actually had a bespoke ‘Stars & Stripes’ romper suit made up for her. Unfortunately... I'm not kidding.

I've also known a local woman for about seven years, who only ever refers to her two sons as 'Seek' and 'Destroy', which is just beautiful. To this day, I have no idea what their real names are. Having said that, I think it's disrespectful and flippant to call them this myself, so when offering them a Ribena, I'll refer to them as: ‘Oi, you with the face’, and ‘Oi, you with the other face’.

• edited January 2010
    My Girlfriend has a friend called Pumba. Everytime I see it, it reminds me of the lion king
  • edited January 2010
    My husband wanted either Razor Blade or Harry Beau for our son.

I soon put my foot down on those. He eventually agreed as both of us are of 'the larger frame' and no doubt our son would follow suit and he thought that you couldn't call a fat kid Razor. He would have to have a gym membership from birth.

For a girl. he wanted Stilletto, as it sounded classy.

But truthfully, being a parent of a toddler, I watch an awful lot of CBeebies, they do a birthday section where they send cards in and they get read out.

The 2 best names (and I kid you not) were 'Pancake' and 'Bear'.

Now I know that naming your child after the saints day the child was born on is ok, but Pancake!!!! It reminds me of a very old joke.
  • edited January 2010

goto say whenever watchin footy and PAUL DIKOV gets a mention,does make me chuckle (and wince).
  • edited January 2010
    My husband wanted either Razor Blade or Harry Beau for our son. I soon put my foot down on those. He eventually agreed as both of us are of 'the larger frame' and no doubt our son would follow suit and he thought that you couldn't call a fat kid Razor. He would have to have a gym membership from birth. For a girl. he wanted Stilletto, as it sounded classy. But truthfully, being a parent of a toddler, I watch an awful lot of CBeebies, they do a birthday section where they send cards in and they get read out. The 2 best names (and I kid you not) were 'Pancake' and 'Bear'. Now I know that naming your child after the saints day the child was born on is ok, but Pancake!!!! It reminds me of a very old joke.
    Posted by Hale72
    Aww Haley, you've ruined my fantasy of you lol, visions of angelina jolie, fighting the baddies in tomb raider springs to mind, now all i can think of is hattie jaques urgh
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names : Aww Haley, you've ruined my fantasy of you lol, visions of angelina jolie, fighting the baddies in tomb raider springs to mind, now all i can think of is hattie jaques urgh
    Posted by loonytoons
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MATRON!
  • edited January 2010
    I once met a brother and sister called adam and eve.  They didnt even know the relevance of it when I explained it to them.

I have also heard that people have called their daughter `chlamydia`, obv not knowing the meaning. lolol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names : Aww Haley, you've ruined my fantasy of you lol, visions of angelina jolie, fighting the baddies in tomb raider springs to mind, now all i can think of is hattie jaques urgh
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hattie Jacques!!!!!

Hattie Jacques!!!!

Hattie Jacques!!!

I have really never been so insulted in my life!!!!!!!!

A bit chunky maybe. Hattie Jacques. never!!!!!

I suppose you will say I look like Bella Emberg next!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names : Hattie Jacques!!!!! Hattie Jacques!!!! Hattie Jacques!!! I have really never been so insulted in my life!!!!!!!! A bit chunky maybe. Hattie Jacques. never!!!!! I suppose you will say I look like Bella Emberg next!!!
    Posted by Hale72
     it took you long enough to find this little gem Bella lol. When i seen your name on the thread i knew you'd found it lol.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names :  it took you long enough to find this little gem Bella lol. When i seen your name on the thread i knew you'd found it lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Does this now fit your image???

I can go off people you know!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    On the local news down here, there is a reporter called Christopher Peacock who for some reason now goes by first name of Chris.  Now say his name quickly ;)
  • edited January 2010
    I know I'm being Immature but I can't stop sniggering at that one ;)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names : Does this now fit your image??? I can go off people you know!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Hale72
    when did your hubby take that picture lol?? However the outfit is quite fetching, i think the colour co-ordination is slightly off!! didnt have you down as a thong girl!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names : when did your hubby take that picture lol?? However the outfit is quite fetching, i think the colour co-ordination is slightly off!! didnt have you down as a thong girl!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    I have just received 2 mails from sky mod saying the photo was not approved due to nudity!!!!

Funny how you can see it.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Best babies names : I have just received 2 mails from sky mod saying the photo was not approved due to nudity!!!! Funny how you can see it.
    Posted by Hale72
    see what?? im just using my imagination lol
  • edited January 2010
    hi my fiancee just had my first child and we naned him cameron culross and since then ive just had an overwhelming feeling to tell everybody i think i must be proud or something the best feeling in my life by a mile tho anyway told yous cheers!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Many congrats to you both Culross and welcome to Cameron
  • edited January 2010