You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Use of automated 'bot software.

Earlier today I had a fairly brief online exchange with one of the customer service reps via the chat feature on the site.

There is a player who frequents the £3.30 DYM games that I believe is using automated 'bot software in contravention of SP's T&Cs of use - the rep confirmed that SP's policy is that such software is not permitted. My assumption is based on playing many DYM games with this player at the table, and observing their behaviour with regard to folding, calling, raising and jamming. This all occurs with monotonous consistency, and I've no doubt that it is the result of using 'bot software.

The customer service rep responded by saying she'd "pass it to the fraud dept for investigation". Can anyone enlighten me as to what exactly is going to happen, and how the matter will be investigated?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    its wont get investigated, cc advisor tells you he/she will look into it, chat then ends, customer advisor then picks up his/her cup off coffee, downs it in one, quicky forgets the whole chat then goes off to the bog for a big dump that they've been brewing all morning.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Use of automated 'bot software.:
    its wont get investigated, cc advisor tells you he/she will look into it, chat then ends, customer advisor then picks up his/her cup off coffee, downs it in one, quicky forgets the whole chat then goes off to the bog for a big dump that they've been brewing all morning.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Very good - post of the week award please. 
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Thanks. We'll see if this particular knob is still hanging around the £3.30 DYM lobbies in a couple of weeks time. I've checked this evening, and his robot's there.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Use of automated 'bot software. : Thanks. We'll see if this particular knob is still hanging around the £3.30 DYM lobbies in a couple of weeks time. I've checked this evening, and his robot's there.
    Posted by Goethe
    It's against the rules to do so, but the worst that happens is your post is deleted...

Can you name him/her?

As it's a small site alot of the players on here know eachother off site, as in they are in other communities/Skype groups etc.

If it's a high volume reg, there's a good chance he/she will be known to people reading this thread so they may be able to rule out your bot theory.

If they aren't known, well you might be on to something.....
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Use of automated 'bot software. : It's against the rules to do so, but the worst that happens is your post is deleted... Can you name him/her? As it's a small site alot of the players on here know eachother off site, as in they are in other communities/Skype groups etc. If it's a high volume reg, there's a good chance he/she will be known to people reading this thread so they may be able to rule out your bot theory. If they aren't known, well you might be on to something.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It's a 'bot. PM me . . . .
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    Ok, sent.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    oh my god how mad is that ive just read the thread and yesterday £5.50 bh i got knocked out by sum1 snapping me off with 56 for all his chips over 12k and he hit set of 5,s. Then the same player on a cash table snapped off sum1 else on our table for a lot of money and beat his A10 with  58 he hit  a set on the river. is this variance or are we in a losing battle never seen so many str8s and sets its every other hand
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Your posts are awsome!!  Definitely voting for you in post of the week!