You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multi-stack

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Just noticed this in the promotions page and seen no mention of it in the forum. Has anyone played any of these tournaments and if so have you chosen the bigger or smaller stacks?

The idea is simple: you are offered a number of buy-in options, with more chips for the higher wager. Will you be able to guide a big stack from the start and dominate, or will one of those short stacks win key flips to bring themselves into the mix? Multistacks will give you the chance to experience both sides for yourself.

Did Sky run some ICM scenarios to come up with a "fair" chip stack for the shorter/bigger stacks? If not (or even if they did) surely you could work it out for yourself when you register and choose whether a big stack or a short stack would be more profitable?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Imagine itl have tons of leaks in it on first few attempts.

For guys who got a clue should be an easy to way to pick up a ton of free equity
  • edited March 2014
    I played once with 4,000 chips and busted early; once with the 1000 chips and came 4th.

Go figure!
  • edited March 2014
    I played it the other night and came 4th and I bought in for the max 5k chips for £22 I felt you can put pressure on the smaller stacks early on for their tourney life and you can play a little more loose early levels.

but I quite enjoyed the mtt good addition imo.
  • edited March 2014
    I won it couple of nights ago.  brag !

Seriously though, think its 5000 for £22    2000 for £11 and 1000 for 5.50.

There was a lot of people buying in for £11 and £5.50
    Each to their own i guess.    Big stack has massive advantage.

Would love to see a tourne like this in UKOPS though,  great idea.  Needs a tiny bit of tweaking.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Multi-stack:
    I won it couple of nights ago.  brag ! Seriously though, think its 5000 for £22    2000 for £11 and 1000 for 5.50. There was a lot of people buying in for £11 and £5.50 Each to their own i guess.    Big stack has massive advantage. Would love to see a tourne like this in UKOPS though,  great idea.  Needs a tiny bit of tweaking.
    Posted by 1267
    Think this is a good idea, could have three seprate buy ins, £110, £55 and £11.

Would give some smaller bankroll players the chance to play the "big" tourneys and have a spin up.