You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Player notes

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi

When you write player notes, how do you phrase them? (keep it clean!)

Also, how much do you rely on them and once you have tagged a person in a certain way, do you think they will generally stick with that playing style?

So for example, you play 'PlayerX' and you write "Tight, only plays premium hands". Then you dont play him for a while but after a few weeks/months you find yourself at the same table again....

You read your note on them. Do you work on the assumption that they will still play that way?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited March 2014
    This player is bad an beat me.

this player is really bad and beat me.

Not really. Its something ive just recently started. 
    Ill put in small sentences but find I should be using it more.

things like bet sizing and playing out of position alot. Aggressive or seems too call many raises or calls any two.

normally just put a red ring alot if I find the player very lose and green for team members lol.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Player notes:
    This player is bad an beat me. this player is really bad and beat me. Not really. Its something ive just recently started.  Ill put in small sentences but find I should be using it more. things like bet sizing and playing out of position alot. Aggressive or seems too call many raises or calls any two. normally just put a red ring alot if I find the player very lose and green for team members lol.
    Posted by Chris_Mc

So do you think that people tend to be more likely to write negative notes than positive?
  • edited March 2014
    I tend to just use the colour coding to keep it quick and simple.

Red - Stop
    Amber - Proceed with caution
    Green - Stack em !!

Note
    Still awaiting my prize for suggesting the colour code thing during the design of new software :-)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Player notes:
    In Response to Re: Player notes : So do you think that people tend to be more likely to write negative notes than positive?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    i think yes theyd be negative that means they could take advantage if they think they are a weaker player, from my opinion tho.  theres prob lots on me lol saying "stack this guy"

TBH its a good point and ive not thought about it, but i personally have not put positve notes about a player when actually when i think about it i really should. 

so thanks for making me aware of this.
  • edited March 2014
    My notes tend to be specifics on the way they play certain hands or situations.

For example - open limps AA utg to induce raise, 3bet jams any raise

etc....
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Player notes:
    Hi When you write player notes, how do you phrase them? (keep it clean!) Also, how much do you rely on them and once you have tagged a person in a certain way, do you think they will generally stick with that playing style? So for example, you play 'PlayerX' and you write "Tight, only plays premium hands". Then you dont play him for a while but after a few weeks/months you find yourself at the same table again.... You read your note on them. Do you work on the assumption that they will still play that way? Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    This very much depends on the player, in honesty most players are very habitual in the way they play so in the main, yes if you've observed it more than twice, chances are they will do it repetitively.  This changes for players of a higher skill level as they will mix there game up more and in theory will be a lot more balanced in their actions, that said it's still usually possible to spot habits even in the best players.