You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Current promotion

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
I love this idea and its one that a lot of people, including me, have been asking for.

I only have one problem with this though. It should have been based on the last three months PP's to get a fairer tiered system. A lot of smaller players could have been in with a good shout of doing well but yet again a lot of big stakes players are on this level simply because they had a low volume last month. There are people that after two days have already gained more PP than a lot of players can reach in a month.

Its just a bit disheartening, thats all.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    It speaks volumes about the amount of people either doing this (fair enough) or multi accounting (not so fair enough) when the points in the Bronze leaderboard is smashing the points you need to be in a similar position on the Silver (higher) leaderboard.
  • edited March 2014
    multiaccounting on sky is a huge issue imo. 

Just search any regulars name and look how many entries show up. its a joke in some cases. 

Some common names will obv show up often in various forms. however there are obv some players exploiting the system with multiple accounts as the handles are just too uniquye
  • edited March 2014
    It's just so annoying as it goes against what this promotion is about. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would try and go for some success in this (play more tables and for longer) but know that they just have no chance. 

Shame there is no way to do this by cash level stakes. 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Current promotion:
    multiaccounting on sky is a huge issue imo.  Just search any regulars name and look how many entries show up. its a joke in some cases.  Some common names will obv show up often in various forms. however there are obv some players exploiting the system with multiple accounts as the handles are just too uniquye
    Posted by TPTP123
    +1

These sort of promos and the extra money new RTR players get, is only making the problem worse.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Current promotion:
    multiaccounting on sky is a huge issue imo.  Just search any regulars name and look how many entries show up. its a joke in some cases.  Some common names will obv show up often in various forms. however there are obv some players exploiting the system with multiple accounts as the handles are just too uniquye
    Posted by TPTP123
    Please be careful making such accusations with anecdotal evidence. Just because people have similar aliases is not proof of them being the same person, for many reasons. We obviously have measures in place to prevent this and monitor for it too.

Anyone who is proven to do this will have action taken against them.

If you do have any hard evidence (or even a strong suspicion) please PM us.