You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult spot in the 4k bh

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
This particular hand ive got 88 in the bb its folded round to the button who is the short stack and shoves for 9k now i was deffo calling this until the sb decides to re-ship who has me well covered i dont really put him on a very strong hand 2 overs,maybe small pairs.

Should this be a call at this stage of the turnie im happy to take a race against to overs if my hand holds it puts me in a fairly strong postion with 10 left....
devil_tear Small blind  600.00 600.00 54966.50
neil1970 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 20528.96
 Your hole cards

luckymuzzy Fold     
sjl1973 Fold     
HUGHMANS Fold     
jammy27 All-in  9284.00 11084.00 0.00
devil_tear All-in  54966.50 66050.50 0.00
neil1970 Fold     
devil_tear Unmatched bet  46282.50 19768.00 46282.50

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Yeah think its a call imo cos the big stack is likely iso'ing vv wide to get the bounty
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not so sure Lambo. Even if he's just iso jammed with J10 or KQ etc etc, we are calling off our tourney life for a flip. Granted he could do this with 22-77, but there are numerous high card combos that would isolate here as well.

Think it's an easy call if we were sat on 10bb. But were much closer to 20bb than 10. I might be inclined to pass this and look for spots where we can use our fold equity to it's full potential.
  • edited March 2014
    May be swayed by the name being left in, I don't know the villian but generally go on the basis of if I don't know them then they prob aint a good reg. I may be wrong to do it but its my default readless on Sky.

So I'm expecting them to take a different line with QQ+ but take this line with all the 2 paint overs, 22+, and loads with 1 over like A2-A8, maybe K5+ and Q7+ and we only have like 15xBB
  • edited March 2014
    This might be a leak for me but I'm never calling here.
  • edited March 2014

easy fold man,a shove and a re shove,even if your in front and they have overs , there are so many cards to dodge, fold fold fold
  • edited March 2014
    I can see how they'd possibly flat call with QQ+ if we were playing deeper, cant really see much point doing it here though with stack sizes. I always have trouble working out the size of the side pot, I'm guessing you have about 60% on average vs SB, and if you win that freerolling for the short stacks chips/bounty. Prolly letting the way both have been playing previously push it one way or the other.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Difficult spot in the 4k bh:
    I can see how they'd possibly flat call with QQ+ if we were playing deeper, cant really see much point doing it here though with stack sizes. I always have trouble working out the size of the side pot, I'm guessing you have about 60% on average vs SB, and if you win that freerolling for the short stacks chips/bounty. Prolly letting the way both have been playing previously push it one way or the other.
    Posted by bev60
    This. 
  • edited March 2014
    I think a fold here is best. We still have a decent stack and we definatley have time to find better spots that we have more control over. 10+ is a call as we dominate his range a lot more.
  • edited March 2014

I'm calling here - and liking it.

• edited March 2014
    Calling.

What was the result?
  • edited March 2014
    im happy you folded ;)
  • edited March 2014
    Well short stack showed AJ v AT i flop an 8 and the board runs out safe ....
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Difficult spot in the 4k bh:
    I'm not so sure Lambo. Even if he's just iso jammed with J10 or KQ etc etc, we are calling off our tourney life for a flip. Granted he could do this with 22-77, but there are numerous high card combos that would isolate here as well. Think it's an easy call if we were sat on 10bb. But were much closer to 20bb than 10. I might be inclined to pass this and look for spots where we can use our fold equity to it's full potential.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1