You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky river card

WHAT IS IT WITH THIS PROGRAMME,WHENEVER YOU GET A HAND AND THE UNDERDOG BETS BIG IT WILL ALL BUT MOST TIMES DELIVER HIS CARD ON THE RIVER,THE TIME IVE BEEN DEALT A FLUSH ON THE FLOP AND SOME IDIOT GOES ALL IN WITH YOU,AND HES GOT A-9 ENDS UP WITH A F/H LOL
THE SITES FLAWED I THINK AND MANY HAVE SAID SO
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Completely agree, well said.
  • edited March 2014
     I don't think it will take that long to get your reply to this post ,all the best anyway.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to sky river card:
    WHAT IS IT WITH THIS PROGRAMME,WHENEVER YOU GET A HAND AND THE UNDERDOG BETS BIG IT WILL ALL BUT MOST TIMES DELIVER HIS CARD ON THE RIVER,THE TIME IVE BEEN DEALT A FLUSH ON THE FLOP AND SOME IDIOT GOES ALL IN WITH YOU,AND HES GOT A-9 ENDS UP WITH A F/H LOL THE SITES FLAWED I THINK AND MANY HAVE SAID SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
    Posted by ashley1959
    Ashley,

At least your not claiming sky is rigged (or are you?)

Have you thought about this...

How often when you get lucky on the river do you sit there and think about it/ have it playing on your mind for the next minutes/hours/days? Pretty much never I'd guess.

How often when you get unlucky on the river do you sit and think about it/ have it playing on your mind for the next minutes/ hours/days? Probably quite alot?

You remember the bad beats you recieve more than the ones you give, and it can feel like you are unlucky, or make you feel like the site is rigged etc.

It may be that you are in a bad run at the moment, but it all evens out eventually.

I feel like I run bad quite alot, but people tell me I'm a luckbox. pretty sure its neither though.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to sky river card:
    WHAT IS IT WITH THIS PROGRAMME,WHENEVER YOU GET A HAND AND THE UNDERDOG BETS BIG IT WILL ALL BUT MOST TIMES DELIVER HIS CARD ON THE RIVER,THE TIME IVE BEEN DEALT A FLUSH ON THE FLOP AND SOME IDIOT GOES ALL IN WITH YOU,AND HES GOT A-9 ENDS UP WITH A F/H LOL THE SITES FLAWED I THINK AND MANY HAVE SAID SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
    Posted by ashley1959

COME ON ARE YOU SERIOUS!! ive been there before running bad and posted on here, looked at it and thought how much of a d*** i looked.....if its flawed dont play imo
  • edited March 2014
    Think about the amout of hands you are playing. 
    U will encounter more beats like this online.  Compared too live play.

How many times have u came from behind too win a hand.

why is the same names are at the deep stages or FTs at mtt.swith 300+ runners

does sky favour these players.. or are they very good at online play.

although do I hear other sites will never drop a river card if u are ahead at the time.
  • edited March 2014
    Did you here the one about the Flopped quads getting outdrawn to runner runner quads in the UKPC LIVE event at nottingham? Geeze.....and they say online poker is flawed lol.

I woulda been crying in my chicken goulash (or curry)....whatever it is they have at these live events.

I also saw AA v KK v 1010 (tens held) go figure :)

We have to accept many things in poker (Live or Online) and one of the most important things to remember is.........If it can happen......it will.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: sky river card:
    Did you here the one about the Flopped quads getting outdrawn to runner runner quads in the UKPC LIVE event at nottingham? Geeze.....and they say online poker is flawed lol. I woulda been crying in my chicken goulash (or curry)....whatever it is they have at these live events. I also saw AA v KK v 1010 (tens held) go figure :) We have to accept many things in poker (Live or Online) and one of the most important things to remember is.........If it can happen......it will.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Yup, and Slykllist busted out of the £550 Six Max event when his nut full house was beaten by a straight flush.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: sky river card : Yup, and Slykllist busted out of the £550 Six Max event when his nut full house was beaten by a straight flush.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Thanks for the reminder, I've only just finished the course of therapy.

Live poker's rigged anyway, FACT!
  • edited March 2014
    I was on the eventuall winners table early on in the UKPC.
    He got most of his chips in on a 56A 10 board with 1010 against older guys AA.
    River 10.
    Live poker is fixed.
  • edited March 2014
    Your playing on a software and just like any software there is a certain amount of things that go on that u might think gees thats rigged,if u play a fruit machine, roulette in the bookies u know u are playing against the odds and imo its the same in poker because we call for the odds if u get lucky its down to the software not your play,poker gods smiled on u another day it would they wont,and yes of course its rigged but thats the whole idea,its there to create action but its not rigged in anyones favour.
  • edited March 2014
    If its rigged to reward junk going all in then just go all in with junk.
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I've tried that......i'm still pants!! :)
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Works for me
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: sky river card : Thanks for the reminder, I've only just finished the course of therapy. Live poker's rigged anyway, FACT!
    Posted by Slykllist
    Haha - no worries, mate ;)
  • edited March 2014
    Your playing on a software and just like any software there is a certain amount of things that go on that u might think gees thats rigged,if u play a fruit machine, roulette in the bookies u know u are playing against the odds and imo its the same in poker because we call for the odds if u get lucky its down to the software not your play,poker gods smiled on u another day it would they wont,and yes of course its rigged but thats the whole idea,its there to create action but its not rigged in anyones favour.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    What an absolute load of horse **** if you really believe that why on earth would you ever play online poker?
  • edited March 2014
    Poor old Chillie. I think I know what he's trying to say, it's kind of what I think when I read these threads. Anytime I type it though it never really reads right. Basically it's the game of Poker itself that is designed to create action and excitement, the sites just a platform for us to play.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: sky river card : What an absolute load of horse **** if you really believe that why on earth would you ever play online poker?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Totally agree....absolute tosh.
    If it's rigged for action how comes most of the moans on here are on the lines of"I shoved 40bbs and he called with 64 off and rivered me! Boo hoo?"
  • edited March 2014
    It seems half the people think its fixed against them and the others think its a truly random game.
    Personally i think you are all wrong. There is no way anyone would run a site that is fixed to benefit certain players and its ridiculous to say otherwise,
    However analayse your hands and see how many times you get quads, Full Houses Straights and Flushes and you can see that there is clearly an intention to make the game more exciting than random real life poker. You still have the same chance as all the other players but its not truly random and i dont believe the site has ever claimed that their RNG is exactly the same as a random draw.

• edited March 2014
    It seems half the people think its fixed against them and the others think its a truly random game. Personally i think you are all wrong. There is no way anyone would run a site that is fixed to benefit certain players and its ridiculous to say otherwise, However analayse your hands and see how many times you get quads, Full Houses Straights and Flushes and you can see that there is clearly an intention to make the game more exciting than random real life poker. You still have the same chance as all the other players but its not truly random and i dont believe the site has ever claimed that their RNG is exactly the same as a random draw.
    Posted by Ben444
    I have played on here for two years, and probably had five sets of quads in that time.
  • edited March 2014
    THREAD CLOSED.

(Just fancied posting it for once).

:-)
  • edited March 2014
    Never understood the whole "rigged" argument. However, for the sake of argument, let's say it is.

If you have discovered that the system is rigged, why not use it to your advantage?

If the original post was true: "WHENEVER YOU GET A HAND AND THE UNDERDOG BETS BIG IT WILL ALL BUT MOST TIMES DELIVER HIS CARD ON THE RIVER"

Then you should be betting big on the river whenever you think you're behind, and you will hit your card on the river "ALL BUT MOST TIMES" - problem solved. Maybe try doing this for a little while and see how it works out for you - let us know how you get on! :-)