You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Criticise my play

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
alex1229Small blind £0.50£0.50£73.30
======Big blind £1.00£1.50£121.80
 Your hole cards

alex1229Raise £1.50£3.00£71.80
======Call £1.00£4.00£120.80
Flop

• Q

======Check    
alex1229Bet £3.00£7.00£68.80
======Raise £9.00£16.00£111.80
alex1229Call £6.00£22.00£62.80
Turn

======Bet £15.00£37.00£96.80
alex1229Call £15.00£52.00£47.80
River

======All-in £96.80£148.80£0.00
alex1229All-in £47.80£196.60£0.00
======Unmatched bet £49.00£147.60£49.00
alex1229Show

======Show
  • J

======WinStraight to the Queen£146.60 £195.60

Lambest my play here, go to down what should i or should not have been doing, or would u guys have been all in with two pair HU ?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Pre-flop is fine.

Flop is all right... although I'm a little concerned about the staight/draw.

Turn is a brick, so you're good to call this.

River is pretty horrible, and the massive overshove means this is a fold.
  • edited March 2014
    River in my head was okey, purely as i thought he was on AQ/KQ/QJ/  Q10 at worst..But yes River should have been a fold, doh.

• edited March 2014
    Played perfect imo, just very unlucky. Its not an overshove slip when effective stack (hero) has less than a PSB left
  • edited March 2014
    Slip, how is river horrible? If Hero was ahead OTT he should still be OTR unless villain somehow shows up with 69 or 77...

I agree hand is played well though for the most part although river could be a fold vs most just cause a lot of players on sky aren't capable of 3 barreling as a bluff or for thin value. A call can't be terrible tho w/o reads.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Criticise my play:
    River in my head was okey, purely as i thought he was on AQ/KQ/QJ/  Q10 at worst..But yes River should have been a fold, doh.
    Posted by alex1229
    Fold River.

Your beating none on the villain's value range (AQ/KQ probably 3-bet pre, QJ doesn't bet 3 streets for value)

You have a bluff catcher on the river and you only really beat KJ + a few diamond combos.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Criticise my play:
    Slip, how is river horrible? If Hero was ahead OTT he should still be OTR unless villain somehow shows up with 69 or 77... I agree hand is played well though for the most part although river could be a fold vs most just cause a lot of players on sky aren't capable of 3 barreling as a bluff or for thin value. A call can't be terrible tho w/o reads.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I think if you're getting raised on the flop here, the seven on the river is pretty horrible.

(I didn't mean his play was horrible: I meant the card).
  • edited March 2014
    Hey Alex unlucky,

Up to turn is fine, really strong hand HU, like calling the turn re-evaluate if we dont improve.

On the river, i would prob fold given villians line.

I can't really seem him taking this line with KQ, AQ, JQ
  • edited March 2014
    I think it's played well. The way the hand has gone the river is rarely a bluff/worse hand. The river should have saved you really as from villain perspective it's a bad card as you could easily have a J so when he does shove river it has to be a strong hand a lot more than not. 
  • edited March 2014
    Slip - I dont mind the 7 river, only 69 /77 got there, and I dont think they would take that line with either.

personally I'm already concerned on the flop... yes you have a very strong hand, but what would the villain be check raising here??

Its a fairly wet board, so you are likely to hear from monsters sooner rather than later, before they are outdrawn or their action is killed.

was the villain CR the flop frequently? had you ever seen him do it with draws? 

Against a very aggresive opponent I think the line you have taken is fine. I dont like calling the turn then folding the river when what is basically a brick hits unless you know your opponent gives up on his missed draws on the river.

but against most opponents I'd be folding at some point.

Basically I think your actions should depend on your opponent and their tendancies... can you give us any reads?
  • edited March 2014
    Rivers a brick. He needs to be raise/barrelling an under gut shot or Q7 for it to change anything. Thing I find is when I play a hand in such a way as to suggest I'm not folding at any point, people tend to have it. Opponent and game flow dependant though.
  • edited March 2014
    Really depends on who you are playing but I cant blame you for going broke here, although he does look v strong by river, unless he's known to barrel bluffs/worse often