You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6pm 6k open super sat.....

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Why was this cancelled??? It had 12 runners. It states in the lobby a minimum of 10 runners.......what's going on!

Comments

• edited March 2014
    PlayersPlayers Remaining: 0 / 12https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Player Namehttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 100% -2380px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Chipshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Rankhttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Prize    waller022000  royland012000  petebryn2000  omalley032000  ness42000  neil19702000  markmcco162000  fozza1082000  deanlloyd2000  VietnamBob2000  Shelly892000  EBru2000 
  • edited March 2014
    5 SEATS GUARANTEED (1/5 thereafter) to the £6,000 Rebuy Open tonight at 8:00pm. Late registration until the end of level 3. (Min 10 players)

StatusCancelled
  • edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    They do this quite often Waller.  I've contacted them before regarding issues like this.  They refunded me once after a big pilava when I actually sent in a screenshot of the min players needed and how many were listed exceeded this.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: 6pm 6k open super sat.....:
    They do this quite often Waller.  I've contacted them before regarding issues like this.  They refunded me once after a big pilava when I actually sent in a screenshot of the min players needed and how many were listed exceeded this.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    It certainly doesn't paint a good picture of the site to any newbie who may have registered for it
  • edited March 2014
    Just happened in the next one too..........this is a right farce now!

layersPlayers Remaining: 4 / 11https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Player Namehttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 100% -2380px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Chipshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Rankhttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Prize    waller022000  nickgibson2000  mildsteal02000  markmcco162000  lillies612000  hibs2552000  druzza12000  deepboy2000  bbMike2000  GELDY2000  BigGuv19712000

11 players and cancelled!
  • edited March 2014
    Come on sky, surely an explanation can't be much to ask for??
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Why would you need a refund?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: 6pm 6k open super sat..... : Why would you need a refund?
    Posted by bbMike
    Not a refund, to be given the seat that was on offer.  They basically cancelled the event and it had a certain amount of seats guaranteed which all of us would have won but they cancelled, meaning none of us got the seat we rightly devserved.
  • edited March 2014
    Oh ok, so the number of entrants was less than the number of guaranteed seats. Hmm. Some balls to argue that you deserve a seat under those circumstances, but w/e should have learned their lesson.
  • edited March 2014
    Oh ok, so the number of entrants was less than the number of guaranteed seats. Hmm. Some balls to argue that you deserve a seat under those circumstances, but w/e should have learned their lesson.
    Posted by bbMike
    Not really Mike.  If they offer say 10 seats for example and they say min 10 players and they have 10 players then is it fair that they cancel?  You have to give as advertised, otherwise that's false advertising.  Is that wrong of me to ask for what was rightfully advertised? Infact all 10 of us DESERVED the seat. If they don't want to run the competition with 10 players then don't state 10 players min etc.  Not really a case of 'some balls'.
  • edited March 2014

There were more entrants than gtd seats, not saying you should be given a seat.

My point is both times it had exceeded the stated number of minimum entrants (10) and both times it was cancelled.......with no explanation why. Quite poor really. If sky wish to grow as a site then they need to stop making such basic errors imo

• edited March 2014
    When a *sensible* minimum number of seats is stated, and the game doesn't start then that's not great and shouldn't happen.  FWIW I was registered for the 7.15pm but I'm not onto Live Chat for my share of the equity.

If there are 10 seats guaranteed then a requirement of a minimum of 10 entrants is clearly not sensible. As advertised, yeah you have a valid argument, just as you would have an argument if a supermarket put up a sign that said 'buy 0 get 1 free'. I guess some people will accept there's been a mistake, others would fill their trolleys and rush to the tills whilst they find their solicitor's number in their phones.  Just questioning the definition of 'deserving', I suppose.
  • edited March 2014
    There were more entrants than gtd seats, not saying you should be given a seat. My point is both times it had exceeded the stated number of minimum entrants (10) and both times it was cancelled.......with no explanation why. Quite poor really. If sky wish to grow as a site then they need to stop making such basic errors imo
    Posted by waller02
    In your case then you should not be given the seat but an explanation as to why it was cancelled would be the best thing.  In my situation the gtd seats were equal to the entrants and they cancelled it.  They had done this a few times before which is why on that particular occassion I took a screenshot and sent it to them and contacted them.

If I were you, I would email them asking for an explanation.  They're a business and you're the customer, they should treat you as one not taking your custom for granted.
  • edited March 2014
    My point is both times it had exceeded the stated number of minimum entrants (10) and both times it was cancelled.......with no explanation why. Quite poor really. If sky wish to grow as a site then they need to stop making such basic errors imo
    Posted by waller02
    Agree.
  • edited March 2014
    When a *sensible* minimum number of seats is stated, and the game doesn't start then that's not great and shouldn't happen.  FWIW I was registered for the 7.15pm but I'm not onto Live Chat for my share of the equity. If there are 10 seats guaranteed then a requirement of a minimum of 10 entrants is clearly not sensible. As advertised, yeah you have a valid argument, just as you would have an argument if a supermarket put up a sign that said 'buy 0 get 1 free'. I guess some people will accept there's been a mistake, others would fill their trolleys and rush to the tills whilst they find their solicitor's number in their phones.  Just questioning the definition of 'deserving', I suppose.
    Posted by bbMike
    Am pleased that you felt the need to question it. If the number of seats available were less than the number of entrants then I would say that would be a bit much to try to ask for a seat as who is to say that you would have won it?  But I am not here to judge you and as to whether or not you contact live support is entirely up to you.  Obviously you don't feel as aggrieved about it as waller02.  GL!