You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QOTD - Last longer function?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Would you be interested in being able to have last longer bets on certain events?

How would you like it to work ideally?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to QOTD - Last longer function?:
    Would you be interested in being able to have last longer bets on certain events? How would you like it to work ideally?
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Do you mean I can invite specific players in an event into a last longer, stick an extra X amount on top of the tournament price and winner takes all?

So personally be able to create your own individual last longers, or instead have an option to opt in for a last longer every time you reg for a tournament which is open to everyone?

Either one sounds tempting.  Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :S
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: QOTD - Last longer function?:
    In Response to QOTD - Last longer function? : Do you mean I can invite specific players in an event into a last longer, stick an extra X amount on top of the tournament price and winner takes all? So personally be able to create your own individual last longers, or instead have an option to opt in for a last longer every time you reg for a tournament which is open to everyone? Either one sounds tempting.  Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :S
    Posted by gazza127
    No you are right, there are different ways (optional obviously).

It could be, for example, we have a main event last longer for all who chose to enter or for people to do with smaller seperate groups.

All ideas welcome.
  • edited March 2014
    just add last longer to ever mtt,job done.
  • edited March 2014
    Well I think the option of opting into a last longer for x amount everytime you enter an event which is open to everyone is the easiest way to do things.

To do a private one I think the social networky side of sky may need to be developed a lot more.  There will be many players who'd like to enter a last longer but wont be able to if they don't know people on the site.

What would skys view point on rake for last longers be?  Reduced rake?  Rake free dare I ask?
  • edited March 2014
    I think private ones would be good. Where somoene can start a thread on here with name or pw of their last longer and amount then you can opt in. Surely the fun of last longer is beating friends (or bitter rivals). Sky could use it to promote the social media aspects of the site.
  • edited March 2014
    Off the top of my head, you could have side-bet options next to every player in the main event for people to say who they think will last longest. Whoever gets the answer right gets the entire side-bet prize pool.
  • edited March 2014
    Would be cool if Sky added some sort of last longer or even better 'Prop bet' function.

e.g   I bet 'Any player' £10 that i will final table a main event before them.   Sky hold the £20 (10 from each player obv)   and then release the £20 when one player does FT.
  • edited March 2014
    like it...make it happen :)

• edited March 2014
    I think the ability to transfer funds to another player would do the job. People selling % of themselves in tournies is happening more and more on Sky, so this would benefit those people.