You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i donk it off?

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
splashies Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £39.24
Rumpy Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £18.30
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

reg Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £18.30
haidyboy Call  £0.60 £1.50 £24.63
wiljam Call  £0.60 £2.10 £17.04
ShaunyT Raise  £2.60 £4.70 £17.25
splashies Fold     
Rumpy Fold     
regRaise  £4.40 £9.10 £13.90
haidyboy Fold     
wiljam Fold     
ShaunyT Call  £2.40 £11.50 £14.85
Flop

reg Bet  £3.00 £14.50 £10.90
ShaunyT All-in  £14.85 £29.35 £0.00
reg All-in  £10.90 £40.25 £0.00
ShaunyT Unmatched bet  £0.95 £39.30 £0.95
reg Show

ShaunyT Show
  • K
  • Q

Turn

River

reg Win Two Pairs, 7s and 3s £37.50  £37.50

So here's my thinking. The villain is a reg. I have a couple of notes on him. He's the original raiser, obv I have the button but am not happy about the 4bet. At this point I'm sure im behind. I put the extra in pot odds/peeling in position and basically think that's a great flop for my hand. Even AA KK or a set don't exactly have me dominated.

What do you think of the play? On my part and the villains?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I flat pre readless and rr flop (not shove) prepared to get it in in necessary. Note reg and play with him some more...hate his play.... although I dunno, maybe you have history? 

As played pre - yes just shove flop. Love it when cards turned over.
  • edited March 2014
    Yeh flatting is better pre imo. KQs plays well postflop IP. Prefer 3-betting hands like K10o or K5s as bluffs.

As played villain has made his 4-bet to small which prices you in to call imo. 78s is not a great hand to 4-bet bluff with either.

Your flop line is fine. Prefer a check call on the flop from the villain's perspective.

• edited March 2014
    Much prefer to just call IP but if you are 3 betting make it bigger. I'm sure your raising bigger with AA/KK so do the same. Reg or no reg hate his play OOP and his small 4 bet. 

As played you can't get away from that flop and have to commit. Can't just call. Can't fold. Shove is best. Shrug, make notes and move on. 
  • edited March 2014

You say this guy is a reg? Did you have notes on him? Cus if this is standard from him your shove is bad, and it's not overly great even if he is more passive and might fold.

Certainly call is fine preflop with his thin 4-bet. His flop bet is very weak to say the least, and I know someone suggested a raise. That would be pointless given any real raise pot-commits you really. I don't like the shove, but I can see why you did it, and surprised he called it with such a weak hand.

Take more notes if he is a reg, as if he does htis once, odds are he does it a fair few times and you could have avoided the problem I'd think.