You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New "Quids In" Tables

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
In Response to Brand New Sky Poker "Quids In" Tables:
Hi Everybody, Today we are trialling a new Cash Game variation, "Quids In" tables. The main thing to know are: Blinds are £0.50/£1. Betting on each hand is capped at £1 - meaning you get to see all community cards for a pound! The "Quids In (£1 Capped)" tables can be found in the Hold-em Cash Game lobby under the "Capped" filter. There are obviously some interesting elements to the game, like "can the small blind EVER fold?!", but we'd love to know your thoughts on the game. Have fun! Sky Peter
Posted by SkyPeter

Errr

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hi Everybody,

Today we are trialling a new Cash Game variation, "Quids In" tables.

The main thing to know are:

-Blinds are £0.50/£1.

-Betting on each hand is capped at £1 - meaning you get to see all 
             community cards for a pound!

-The "Quids In (£1 Capped)" tables can be found in the Hold-em Cash 
              Game lobby under the "Capped" filter.

There are obviously some interesting elements to the game, like "can the small blind EVER fold?!", but we'd love to know your thoughts on the game.

Have fun!

Sky Peter

• edited March 2014
    Sorry but this has got to be one of the worst ideas ive ever come across.

Its a rake builder, nothing more.

Essentially a Russian Roullete with a minute edge....... maybe.  Never enough to beat rake though.

Not normally so down about new things but this is lame.
  • edited March 2014
    Are we moving away from poker and just encouraging any form of gambling I ask myself?.
    You may as well just have £1 all in sats winner takes all( which is what this is essentially.
    Why doesn't the desk jockey look at ways of improving the actual game of poker and attracting more players to the site?

• edited March 2014
    Someone has to put a stop to acegooner ringing his priority guy up with suggestions for new games.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wt is this.
  • edited March 2014
    Tomred and Kidwiz currently arranging a 15 tabling HU match on these.
  • edited March 2014
    Just had a quick go, these tables are akin to 6 max russian roulette tables. The odds on the sb calling to win any pot are soo high you cant fold. 

Also the rake ensures you will never ever make a profit. 

Terrible idea. 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New "Quids In" Tables:
    Someone has to put a stop to acegooner ringing his priority guy up with suggestions for new games. hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wt is this.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nothing to do with me son !
  • edited March 2014
    Sorry but this has got to be one of the worst ideas ive ever come across. Its a rake builder, nothing more. Essentially a Russian Roullete with a minute edge....... maybe.  Never enough to beat rake though. Not normally so down about new things but this is lame.
    Posted by gazza127
    It's not a million miles away from the RR tables but for cash and is there, like RR, for players to have some fun. It's one table out of many, many others and if it's not for you then that's fine.
  • edited March 2014
    +1

I like that sky try new things and don't mind the capped games (even though I don't play them myself) but capped at 1xBB is crazzzzy
  • edited March 2014
    The one positive is that it shouldn't hurt the liquidity in the way capped games do cos no1 is gonna grind these properly so prob no major harm in them being there
  • edited March 2014
    +1 I like that sky try new things and don't mind the capped games (even though I don't play them myself) but capped at 1xBB is crazzzzy
    Posted by Lambert180
    It's exactly that, a trial and for fun. If people don't play them then so be it. 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New "Quids In" Tables : It's not a million miles away from the RR tables but for cash and is there, like RR, for players to have some fun. It's one table out of many, many others and if it's not for you then that's fine.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    No fun at all

Just sat with Gazza and Gooner for a couple of hands. If we'd played for 30 mins, we'd all have been broke.
    Did someone really think that it was a good idea and might catch on?
  • edited March 2014
    Fair enough deleting my last post.

It wasnt in the best taste.

But im honestly annoyed that this idea got enough legs to go live.  

This is a guarenteed method of losing money and generating rake for sky.  Thats the only reason why this has gone live.  Not to provide us with a new and exciting form of cash, but to get easy money off those gullable enough to play this.

Spend your time and money developing good ideas that will either increase peoples volume or attract new players.  Get increased rake that way.

Stuff like this is lazy... and won't work anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
  • edited March 2014

With future trials/ideas, if you make it possible for players to actually win then they stand more chance of working.

No player can beat these games, the site is the only winner.

When players have an edge over eachother, the site wins anyway. Don't need to weight it so heavily in favour of the site. Give players a chance, be flexible with rake fees for different games like other sites are.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New "Quids In" Tables : It's exactly that, a trial and for fun. If people don't play them then so be it.  
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Dont stop trying new things. I'll be suprised if it succeeds though in this form though

...what about either 5bb or 10bb all in or fold tables? 

rake would have to be considered too. not sure you can have the same rake as standard tables.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New "Quids In" Tables : Dont stop trying new things. I'll be suprised if it succeeds though in this form though ...what about either 5bb or 10bb all in or fold tables?  rake would have to be considered too. not sure you can have the same rake as standard tables.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Interesting suggestion, thank you.
  • edited March 2014
    this idea is ridiculous, sort it out sky, tons of other stuff needs sorting
  • edited March 2014
    is it April the 1st already ?
  • edited March 2014

I don't play much cash but what about straddle tables,like 10p 20p 40p?

• edited March 2014
    Im sat down now if someone fancies a game lol
  • edited March 2014
    Im sat down now if someone fancies a game lol
    Posted by goodylad21
    Nope you won all of the 2 hands i sat down and played, i want my £2 back :(
  • edited March 2014

does sky look at the polls people post, I had some ideas and a few of the players where having there ideas on there about them.

its good sky try new things, but why not try things that some of the forum members are asking too see.
    although some of the votes where saying I should go away :( but some agreed. 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New "Quids In" Tables : Nope you won all of the 2 hands i sat down and played, i want my £2 back :(
    Posted by alex1229
    Only won 25p pal after rake !!
  • edited March 2014
    ^^^

*Spoiler Alert
  • edited March 2014

That was fun :P

Maybe time could be spent better else where:)

• edited March 2014
    That was fun :P Maybe time could be spent better else where:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    Fun is the word.
  • edited March 2014
    Excuse me...

But since was posting stone cold facts worthy of deleting a post?

There was no opinions or rants.  It was fact.

Why did you delete it?
  • edited March 2014

Bad idea everyone at the table loses and the rake wins.  Its impossible for anyone to beat this long term with the rake. Very bad for the liquidity of the game.
  • edited March 2014
    cant believe what im reading. imo a truly horrid idea that after today should be shoved in the bin.

however I expect to see these tables clog up the lobby in the near future, unfortunately
  • edited March 2014
    cant believe what im reading. imo a truly horrid idea that after today should be shoved in the bin. however I expect to see these tables clog up the lobby in the near future, unfortunately
    Posted by TINTIN
    Hey TT!

People won't play them and i'm pretty sure they will be binned rapid style.