You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dear Deidre.....

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments

I have recently had an overwhelming feeling of a massive inferior complex due to losing a poker tournament which has left me a broken and bitter man. I know I was out played on every level and even though the final score was a 3:2 victory to my opponent, I still have delusions that I actually won it. This is turn has led me to have a triple humour bypass and has affected me in other ways. I keep losing things like my car and what little fashion sense I did have, has gone out the window and I find myself dressing up in awfull blue jumpers. I am not the only one who thinks we won this tournament though as all my mates (both of them in fact) also feel the same delusions as me.
Please can you advise me how I can move on in my life after this devastation and also how I can overcome my unrequented love of my opposing captain.

Richard Orford (please change my surname to OSTRICH if you print my letter)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Dear Deidre,

I have been suffering from a nagging guilt that I joined a team that luckboxed it's way to winning via a 1 Minute Roulette and Velocity tournament.

My team-mates and I know deep down that the better team (which collected more money and won the tougher heats) should have won. And now I'm ashamed to say I have resorted to name-calling and bullying tactics to hide our discomfort.

Also, I'm painfully aware that in one of the tournaments in which the great Richard Orford cashed, I went out on the bubble. I am therefore beating myself up every day for failing to contribute towards my team's 'success'.

What should I do? Oh, and I also fancy Richard- hence all the barracking- you always give the most grief to the person you fancy most.

Yours confusedly,

Mex Elly

(Please note the name has been changed to protect my identity)
  • edited December 2009

So wrong in soooo many ways but you are right on your humour bypass!!

And for the record, I cashed in the last one and contributed a massive £2 to team funds.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Dear Deidre.....:
    So wrong in soooo many ways but you are right on your humour bypass!! And for the record, I cashed in the last one and contributed a massive £2 to team funds.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Lol- sorry Alan. So that's a total of £2 towards Team Tikay's £1399.64.

Well done.

;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Dear Deidre.....:
    In Response to Re: Dear Deidre..... : Lol- sorry Alan. So that's a total of £2 towards Team Tikay's £1399.64. Well done. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    For the record Rich, this figure should read £2399.64 which includes the £1000 freeroll which WE will be playing tonight and I doubt that even you could fix it so that any of you loosing team can cash in this one!