You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Promotions, Skypoker and Affiliate Websites

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
I'll get the popcorn out.

Comments

• edited March 2014

I was just wondering what everyone's views were on the current state of play at the cash tables on skypoker.

It seems like there's an awful lot of new "regulars" coming onto the site. They generally speaking play the same robotic, nitty, abc style of poker. There has been period's in the last week, when every table has had atleast 5 "tight" players on them. Don't get me wrong this is generally how a "reg" at my levels play, but what is concerning is the sheer amount of these players now. If some body wants to come for a bit of fun, they don't want to sit at a table where there is no action.

I'm wondering if affiliate sites are having something to do with this. There's atleast 2 sites i know of that offer new sign up's 30% rake back. I would suggest this is maybe a strong reason why there is now more tight regs on the tables. 

In my opinion this is damaging to the liquidity of sky over all, and will put off a lot of players that just want to play for a bit of fun. Playing with 5 tight players on their table, is going to put them right off.

The deals sky have made available to these affiliate sites will also encourage some to multi- account. Sure Sky thinks we will get more players and more rake, is that really the case in the long term? How many of these knew accounts are genuinely new customers? And if they are genuine new accounts, these sort of players, those who play for 30% rakeback are terrible for the liquidity of the site.

Sky as far as i under stand, never used to allow Rakeback site's on the site, i think this should be the company line in relation to this. Can sky not look at revoking all deals with these companies?

That's not mentioning the fact that it is, imo, not fair on existing players on this site.

From a promotions perspective, it is great that the new promo offers a bronze tier, where those who generally won't earn the most poker points have a chance at gaining a prize. 

I think it would be a good idea for sky to enhance the poker points for existing players, and definatly ban all 30% rake back deals available via affiliate sites.    

• edited March 2014

Not sure I agree with much of that Larson.  I'll have a ponder and get back to you.

However it's certainly a debate worth having and kudos to you for putting your point across in an articulate and fair way.  Very good post.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Promotions, Skypoker and Affiliate Websites:
    I was just wondering what everyone's views were on the current state of play at the cash tables on skypoker. It seems like there's an awful lot of new "regulars" coming onto the site. They generally speaking play the same robotic, nitty, abc style of poker. There has been period's in the last week, when every table has had atleast 5 "tight" players on them. Don't get me wrong this is generally how a "reg" at my levels play, but what is concerning is the sheer amount of these players now. If some body wants to come for a bit of fun, they don't want to sit at a table where there is no action. I'm wondering if affiliate sites are having something to do with this. There's atleast 2 sites i know of that offer new sign up's 30% rake back. I would suggest this is maybe a strong reason why there is now more tight regs on the tables.  In my opinion this is damaging to the liquidity of sky over all, and will put off a lot of players that just want to play for a bit of fun. Playing with 5 nits on their table, is going to put them right off. The deals sky have made available to these affiliate sites will also encourage some to multi- account. Sure Sky thinks we will get more players and more rake, is that really the case in the long term? How many of these knew accounts are genuinely new customers? And if they are genuine new accounts, these sort of players, those who play for 30% rakeback are terrible for the liquidity of the site. Sky as far as i under stand, never used to allow Rakeback site's on the site, i think this should be the company line in relation to this. Can sky not look at revoking all deals with these companies? That's not mentioning the fact that it is, imo, not fair on existing players on this site. From a promotions perspective, it is great that the new promo offers a bronze tier, where those who generally won't earn the most poker points have a chance at gaining a prize.  I think it would be a good idea for sky to enhance the poker points for existing players, and definatly ban all 30% rake back deals available via affiliate sites.    
    Posted by LARSON7

13.5%
  • edited March 2014
    never agreed with the rakeback deals, especially as they arent available to existing customers.

I dont even get 30% when i make priority, because grinding MTTs 5-7 hrs most nights only gets me around 12k points. 

highly doubt anyone from SKY will respond. I think, they think if they ignore it people will forget about it and it wont be a problem.

I'm not so sure
  • edited March 2014

Sky want $ and look for the best ways to do it. If since using affiliate sites they have gained just a few high rakers then it’s a success for them in the short term, as you say though, there are longer term effects that will be bad for the site.

There are loads of things making the games bad with this just being a small one. I would say the constant rake races are a bigger issue than affiliate sites for the quality of games at the moment. You only have to sit down for 10 mins to see how bad the games are during the rake races.

• edited March 2014
    I dont agree with a lot that's in the original post but 1 key point about multi-accounting is something i feel sky need to do more about.. I reckon in the last year i have reported about 8 players for openly admitting to multi-accounting most of them still play on the site under same names, i have even seen one of the players with the same screen name as before but with a "1" on the end so he obviously just opened yet another account. I dont know what the punishment is for multi-accounting but surely any form of cheating should be at minimum a life ban as i'm fairly sure it would come under the category of fraud... there are a lot of people out there who know more about this than me so would be great to see if anyone knows the punishment for multi-accounting? or why sky do very little to stop it?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions, Skypoker and Affiliate Websites:
    I dont agree with a lot that's in the original post but 1 key point about multi-accounting is something i feel sky need to do more about.. I reckon in the last year i have reported about 8 players for openly admitting to multi-accounting most of them still play on the site under same names, i have even seen one of the players with the same screen name as before but with a "1" on the end so he obviously just opened yet another account. I dont know what the punishment is for multi-accounting but surely any form of cheating should be at minimum a life ban as i'm fairly sure it would come under the category of fraud... there are a lot of people out there who know more about this than me so would be great to see if anyone knows the punishment for multi-accounting? or why sky do very little to stop it?
    Posted by jordz16
    I agree, capital* punishment ftw!

* The inability to post on the forum using capital letters
  • edited March 2014

Looool. I have a lot to say about multi accounting and the way sky reps have argued with me and not dealt with it when i reported it in the past. If i did put it here Sky would 100% close the thread though, which i want to avoid as a few decent points have come up about the original topic.