You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 MTT Rake Question

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi All - Why do the £5 MTT Bounty Hunters on here have a 15% rake, but the £5 Timed, Freezeout and Mini Bounty Hunters only 10% rake?

I hadn't really thought about it much until I saw a post from someone a while back that mentioned that they don't play the £5.75 Bounty Hunters cause the rake is too high. I have only played one or two this year as although it is only 25p it is more the principal of being charged too much.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I dont play them out of principle.

15% is unacceptable for me. I cant see it being changed while they are popular though. 

people will say that there is alot of "value" in them, which there is, and should make up for the 15%, which it does. But that's not the point.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £5 MTT Rake Question:
    I dont play them out of principle. 15% is unacceptable for me. I cant see it being changed while they are popular though.  people will say that there is alot of "value" in them, which there is, and should make up for the 15%, which it does. But that's not the point.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    +1
  • edited March 2014
    Just always seems a strange one to me why the lower stakes have higher % rake making it more difficult for people at those levels to make more and move up. I guess most people just pay it as that's the price, which I must admit I used to.
  • edited March 2014
    Very valid point. Whilst people do tend to think there is value in BH's and I agree there is, however the prize pool being split does reduce that somewhat.

in4 sky explination
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: £5 MTT Rake Question:
    I dont play them out of principle. 15% is unacceptable for me. I cant see it being changed while they are popular though.  people will say that there is alot of "value" in them, which there is, and should make up for the 15%, which it does. But that's not the point.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    +2
  • edited March 2014
    I think the last time Sky answered this, the answer was that the intention was to maka all £5 tournaments have 75p rake, and the £5.50 ones are there as a "legacy" and have just been kept there to avoid outrage from those who play at that level,
  • edited March 2014
    It is strange, its the same lower down too

£2 bh = £2.30
    £2 deepstack = £2.20
  • edited March 2014
    I play these quite regular and never really thought about the rake. now I need to rethink if I will play these in the future
  • edited March 2014
    I think it's just Sky taking total advantage of the BH situation. They know they are the most popular format, and the average player coughing up at the £2 or £5 level won't be too fussed to chuck in the extra 5% rake to play them. 
  • edited March 2014
    Same with dyms.

The more popular the format, the higher the rake.