You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why can you not view tables when you choose not to gamble anymore?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
I have oftenn taken a break from sky poker site due to the nature of bad variance you can get in the 6 max format - Only so many times your AA can get cracked or Set KK's

Thats poker though - but I have a lot of friends on here I enjoy watching.  I like to block my account to prevent me giving up any rake to sky and play elsewhere - but then I can not join in the community - surely thats not a fair way of doing things?  It means I would not "take a break" as want to watch friends still - surely this needs to be changed?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I imagine if you self exclude they block you from logging in completely cos it's the only way they can stop you wagering money which is what you want.

I'm guessing that's what happens cos I've never self excluded.

If you wanna take a break from poker but watch your mates, just take a break. You don't have to self exclude, just have to discipline to say you're not gonna play, if needbe withdraw every penny from the site when on a break. If you physically can't stop yourself from playing when you don't want to... might be a problem.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Why can you not view tables when you choose not to gamble anymore?:
    I imagine if you self exclude they block you from logging in completely cos it's the only way they can stop you wagering money which is what you want. I'm guessing that's what happens cos I've never self excluded. If you wanna take a break from poker but watch your mates, just take a break. You don't have to self exclude, just have to discipline to say you're not gonna play, if needbe withdraw every penny from the site when on a break. If you physically can't stop yourself from playing when you don't want to... might be a problem.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yeah thats right cant log in - can look around site but can not rail - Guess my question to Sky really is why can you not rail if not logged in?  Cantt be to do with age restriction as can do a lot of over stufff on site

• edited March 2014

you can also set strict limits on the amount you deposit so you can still watch your friends play even if your account is at zero. Lambert is right about the self exclusion, as I took a break for a while, you cannot access any part of Sky Poker whilst the exclusion is in force.

• edited March 2014
    ahhhh, I didn't relise there was an actual self exclude part of the site. then I understand why u couldn't watch.