You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU Etiquette?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Just played a HU game where the other player had regged first but was away from the start.

I folded for 1 level (7 mins ) to give him chance to reconnect/etc.

Never came back.

Did i wait long enough?

Comments

• edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    I time down before raising for the first level  (2mins) if they come back I sit out and reset stacks.

After 2mins im assuming they arent returning and kill the game.

Waiting a min or two is reasonable imo, and people do appreciate it if you do. And im all for pleasant playing environments. 

-----

Theres no hard and fast ettiquette set up, some will wait, some wont.

Entirely up to you. If you dont mind being freerolled, then wait.

If it bothers you getting freerolled then just be conisitant.  i.e. if you dont reset stacks if peeps comeback within a min or two then dont allow others to reset stacks for you when you are late.

• edited March 2014
    ur out to make money playing poker, unless u know him take his chips and give him no time at all.
  • edited March 2014
    Its hard in a striaght HU match as you signed up to just play heads up so you WANT a game and the satisfaction from winning. I think you did wait too long but well done. I typically wait 4/5 mins. 

HU in a tournament I would agree with any point of view as its so difficult. We all want the pay jump but we also want the satisfaction and elation of coming through the field to win outright.
  • edited March 2014
    It was a PLO8 HU game and as such its a pretty small player base so we all play each other often.
    Nice vibes on these tables so thought i would wait a bit longer.
  • edited March 2014
    nice of you, but only so long u can wait.

id expect the same done too me. wouldn't expect anyone to wait,

but I like the saying,

treat someone how u would like too be treated.

sayin that.....
     it is money, free money lol
  • edited March 2014
    If it's a reg then I'll wait and see if his regged for any other games.  Reg and wait.   If it's a fish who is likely to resit or play again in the future then I'll wait till level 2/3.

If it's a random who is unlikely to play me again then I won't wait after level two.  As it's a waste of my hourly. 

If it's a deck hed who has talked trash to me I will immediately blind him out and look to snap him off first hand his back to induce tilt
  • edited March 2014
    The other day, I was the player sat in the lobby waiting on 1/2. A player regged for my game and then wasn't there for the game, even though 20 seconds earlier they were the ones who started it going!? Maybe they thought I was a charity case and they decided to make a donation??
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: HU Etiquette?:
    It was a PLO8 HU game and as such its a pretty small player base so we all play each other often. Nice vibes on these tables so thought i would wait a bit longer.
    Posted by VespaPX
    I think that's a good point about the player base.
    When multitabling you sometimes see that a player who is grinding 6+ tables is 'away' from one of them. I let them know in the chat box and have had players do the same for me.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: HU Etiquette?:
    It was a PLO8 HU game and as such its a pretty small player base so we all play each other often. Nice vibes on these tables so thought i would wait a bit longer.
    Posted by VespaPX
     i ussually just give a min or 2 unless i know they are having probs with they,re net then i will give them a bit longer but most dont and just try and take the chips.upto u in the end ..u know most of the players would he have waited for u?