You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tricky flop decision

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Don't really know the opponent, but this is a crazy big raise on the flop, puts me in a tough spot.

What would you do here, call, fold or jam?
FeltSith Big blind  £0.20 £0.20 £20.55
ness4 Sit out     
  Your hole cards

LARSON7 Raise  £0.60 £0.80 £18.45
daiw Fold     
Call  £0.60 £1.40 £35.69
FeltSith Call  £0.40 £1.80 £20.15
Flop

FeltSith Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £1.35 £3.15 £17.10
Raise  £5.
Larson7?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I wouldn't go as far as calling it crazy raise, as it's only just over a pot-sized raise. Little big maybe, but not overly crazy.

I'm not jamming, as he will be calling it. Calling is bad odds. So I think I likely fold this time around. You could already be drawing thin needing a 9 just to chop or at bad odds to a set/2pair/over-pair or hell even A7 has you beat.
  • edited March 2014
    I think all we can do here is fold. We have to evaluate or possition, chip stacks and flop. 

Had we had a similiar £40 stack I think we can call and see a turn but we dont have any fold equity if we where to come over the top and any hand that then calls us has us in trouble. We cant call profitably (and we are OOP) so all thats left is a fold.

I think this is either 2pr, flopped low straight or a set. 

• edited March 2014
    I think he's bet that much to induce a shove. If he was trying to push you off a standard Ax c-bet, he'd raise to $3 something, knowing you are folding. I'd say it's likely he has 56s/67s/55, and in which case has nearly the same amount of outs to boat up as you do to make a straight.

Worth keeping an eye out in future, he is on the button, and quite deep, so perhaps he often makes plays like this. It's a really tricky flop, and hard for even a big over pair to call, so perhaps he just bets that much on these flops knowing that he is getting called few enough times to make it very profitable.
  • edited March 2014
    I thought the massive over bet was weak, i don't think he has a set/ straight.

Think he would want to get value from these hands, i thought he had something like 10s or jacks, over a total monster.

I thought most of my outs were live.