You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Player Free-role

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all
I have recently Joined Sky Poker and when I checked my account details I have received my £20 in "Free Poker Tokens" and have also seen reference to "New Player Free-roles"

I am all for playing in these, as I am not really O-Fay with gambling real money as yet:- However I cannot seem to find any reference to a "New Player Freerole" in the list.

Can somebody help me out by pointing out where to look and when these take place?

Or if somebody could assist in giving me some tips on the best tournament's to spend my poker tokens on?

Regards
Gary

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to New Player Free-role:
    Hi all I have recently Joined Sky Poker and when I checked my account details I have received my £20 in "Free Poker Tokens" and have also seen reference to "New Player Free-roles" I am all for playing in these, as I am not really O-Fay with gambling real money as yet:- However I cannot seem to find any reference to a "New Player Freerole" in the list. Can somebody help me out by pointing out where to look and when these take place? Or if somebody could assist in giving me some tips on the best tournament's to spend my poker tokens on? Regards Gary
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Hey Gary,

Welcome!

The new player freeroll, might not show in the lobby till the day it is due to be played.

I think it might be  a monday evening, contact customer care just to double check - you can phone them or speak to them over live chat.

There are some good low buy in tournies you could try out with your free tokens.

There is a game at 2:20 - the 2:20 at 2:20 it costs £2 of your tournie tokens to enter. It is a deepstack, so you will have plenty of play in the game. There is also a similiar game at 7:15 with the same buy in, also one at 7:45 which costs £1 to enter. If you are just new to online poker i would higly recommend these tournies.

Also, there is a free roll every night at 7:00, definatly would be worth trying these out to get a feel for the site/ playing on the tables.

Good luck! 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New Player Free-role:
    In Response to New Player Free-role : Hey Gary, Welcome! The new player freeroll, might not show in the lobby till the day it is due to be played. I think it might be  a monday evening, contact customer care just to double check - you can phone them or speak to them over live chat. There are some good low buy in tournies you could try out with your free tokens. There is a game at 2:20 - the 2:20 at 2:20 it costs £2 of your tournie tokens to enter. It is a deepstack, so you will have plenty of play in the game. There is also a similiar game at 7:15 with the same buy in, also one at 7:45 which costs £1 to enter. If you are just new to online poker i would higly recommend these tournies. Also, there is a free roll every night at 7:00, definatly would be worth trying these out to get a feel for the site/ playing on the tables. Good luck! 
    Posted by LARSON7
    Hi.
    Just got off playing the monday night free-role for new players, I got a text reminding me of it...I finished 37th out of a total of 93 runners - and that's even with me drawn into betting out a nonsence hand where I thought I had a RUN/STR8, but turned out I was missing the "4"! DOH!!

STILL, I actually PLACED in the money, and earnt myself a decent £5 out of it!!! YAY!!! :-) not bad for half hours work at the table!!!! This with the £1.88 I picked up last night when I used a whopping 25% of my sign-up bonus to play in a bounty hunter tournament....

Now results like tonight def gives me the impotese to carry on and keep goin on those freerolls etc - I also looked at a bank-roll topic where the player did play the freerolls and also the SNG's which seem to be quite a nice earner. I looked at one just now, 30p to buy in, and if you survive until half-way (3rd/6 players) you will make yr money back! :-)

Thanks for your update and please keep in touch if you see anything u may think might be worth playing! :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: New Player Free-role:
    In Response to Re: New Player Free-role : Hi. Just got off playing the monday night free-role for new players, I got a text reminding me of it...I finished 37th out of a total of 93 runners - and that's even with me drawn into betting out a nonsence hand where I thought I had a RUN/STR8, but turned out I was missing the "4"! DOH!! STILL, I actually PLACED in the money, and earnt myself a decent £5 out of it!!! YAY!!! :-) not bad for half hours work at the table!!!! This with the £1.88 I picked up last night when I used a whopping 25% of my sign-up bonus to play in a bounty hunter tournament.... Now results like tonight def gives me the impotese to carry on and keep goin on those freerolls etc - I also looked at a bank-roll topic where the player did play the freerolls and also the SNG's which seem to be quite a nice earner. I looked at one just now, 30p to buy in, and if you survive until half-way (3rd/6 players) you will make yr money back! :-) Thanks for your update and please keep in touch if you see anything u may think might be worth playing! :)
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Well done Gary, very nice.

Enjoy your poker, and good luck on the site!

Also check out the other sections on the forum, like the "poker clinic" it's a great way to learn and help improve your game. You can post hands up for feedback from all manner of different players,

Enjoy!
  • edited March 2014
    UPDATE:- After a couple of nights either playing the practice tables and play money MTT's elsewhere I tonight entered a £2.20 buy-in £250 Gtd Speed MTT. Finished 38/117 runners. Didn't place in the prizes this time which the bubble sat at 13th Place or better.