You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

anyone worried about the bigger flush here?

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
alex1229 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £50.33
ljs4 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £22.64
  Your hole cards
  • J

dogcharlie Fold     
neely0y0 Fold     
Humblem92 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £44.76
mrdavies Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £42.31
alex1229 Fold     
ljs4 Fold     
Humblem92 Call  £0.60 £1.90 £44.16
Flop

Humblem92 Bet  £1.90 £3.80 £42.26
mrdavies Raise  £4.75 £8.55 £37.56
Humblem92 Call  £2.85 £11.40 £39.41
Turn

• K

Humblem92 Bet  £5.70 £17.10 £33.71
mrdavies Call  £5.70 £22.80 £31.86
River

Humblem92 Bet  £11.40 £34.20 £22.31

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Given action pre, no. Ul if so, GII
  • edited March 2014
    Strange that he leads turn but I'm never folding as played. Would need notes to be able to fold imo and u ain't mentioned any reads
  • edited March 2014
    Worried about the bigger flush? Not really. It's definitely played like a flush, but I'd have to think with the opening limp-call he doesn't have a suited ace. Of course, this is probably a more likely holding than Qx (the only other hand you're losing to). Q9 of clubs perhaps.

Anyway, I'm still calling. Just unlucky if he flushed it too.
  • edited March 2014
    yeah i flatted, turns out he had 34 off. so was relieved, just thought he played it like a flush.
  • edited March 2014
    Pretty sure it's a profitable shove. Just looking at the price you'll be giving him on the river, you'll be called by worse a high percentage of the time I think.
  • edited March 2014
    Close between a call and a shove.

This player type is virtually never folding any flush imo. May even call with sets.

Prefer shoving at these stakes personally...

• edited March 2014
    I would be concerned about teh flush, but not really against this person, as unless you only just got to the table it should be fairly clear he is either very passive player, or very weak one (both about the same thing really). He limps in from CO, which is pretty certain of not that great a hand and so I discount him having big ace, and quite possibly any ace.

Reason I might have been concerned this guy had the flush is fact he donk bets flop and calls your reraise. Then on turn he leads out again, which is odd unless he has improved his hand or why wouldn't he 3bet your reraise on the flop? All in all not sure this guys game is that good from this evidence alone.

So in short I'm certainly calling here or shoving. Case dependant, and I'm not likely folding without good cause to believe they have a hand.

EDIT: just read the result. Well at least I picked his game right, and really why should blank out villians name in these posts. :)