You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*****Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah, Ross and Special Guest Karl Mahrenholz***** Register here

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
LOVE a Turbo Tuesday!  Looking forward to sharing the table with special guest Karl Mahrenholz who's cashed over $1,000,000 in live tournaments and has won numerous UK events including a GUKPT title. 

Any questions for Karl? Rack that $1,000,000 winning brain!

Also on the show: Cheltenham racing is underway and everybody will be looking for that big underdog who can turn a few quid into a fortune. But we want to know YOUR favourite stories of turning a small sum into a poker fortune? 
It can be something from your own career - maybe you satellited into a big Sky Poker tourney and took it down - or something from the world of TV poker. Whatever it is, let us know your favourite tales of rags to riches!

Plus our new show 'Poker Strategy' from 9pm will be a Cash Game 101 so as a bit of fun what would YOU put into Room 101?  What are your pet hates on or off the tables? What as far as your concerned would you be happy to NEVER see again?  Before you ask tikay - I am NOT putting Davina Mcall in there... Reality TV maybe....

Here's the run down then!   

7pm 20K Super Roller final table highlights from Sunday                                                        

8pm Live coverage from the 10K TURBO OPEN

9pm Sky Poker Strategy - our new show: Cash Game 101

10pm Master Cash: Live action from the Master Cash tables

11pm Live coverage from the 10k Turbo Open  – final table

GL and if you're playing our main event - be sure to register here for our last longer comp for free entry into Thursday's main

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Have a great show all.  Pet hates off the table, PPI adds.  One direction, Broccoli and people who waste the polices time.  On the table, people who lose a hand then start insulting the opposing player and people who say that online poker is fixed then continue to play online poker.  You can put all of them into a room and fill it with cement and forget about them all as far as I'm concerned.

As for rags to riches, Let me think about it and get back to you :)
  • edited March 2014
    Room 101, off the top of my head...

People who talk on their mobiles at 127 decibels. You’re on the phone: you don’t need to shout! If you want to shout please do so once I have vacated the area and am suitably out of earshot.

And still on mobiles: people who find it important to tell the person things like: “I’m on the bus; yeah, I’m just passing the petrol station now. Wait a minute, he’s stopped at the lights. I’ll just be a minute. Oh!  Can see you now. Look, I’m waving. Can you see me? Yeah, I’m wearing my red coat. You see me now? Ok, just getting off now. Right, I’m hanging up...”

People who play music on their mobiles without headphones (usually on a bus), so that everyone can hear it. The quality is rarely crystal and it’s always an artist or band that makes you want to jam the phone down the user’s throat just to see if you can still hear it from the depths of their stomach.

Adults who look to Harry Potter and/or Twilight for points of reference.

People who haven’t read a book since school yet managed to get through Fifty Shades, and think it makes them qualified to critique literature.

Men who go to the middle of the silver trough that’s in some public toilets, when it’s empty. If there’s nobody else there, just take a corner like any normal person!

And still on toilets: men who don’t hold it at the urinals and stand there with their hands on their hips. What’s up with that? I don’t care if you can control your aim without your hands. It’s weird and puts me off my stream, so just do me a solid and hold yours next time, ok? Left hand or right, I really don’t care.

Women who answer “you don’t ask a lady that” when you ask them how old they are; closely followed by women who respond with “how old do you think I am?” to the same question.

People who get tattoos on their face and then get annoyed when you stare at them.

Google Maps.

Facebook (in general), but specifically those people who find their world will crumble if they don’t post a picture of a plate of food they are about to have at least once a week, along with some inane caption along the lines of: chips and gravy, my fave – mmm. Really? I’m so glad you told me that. Now I can rest easily tonight. I’d also like to throw in those users who update their status with “I’m so sad”, or "boo hoo", and then wait until a raft of followers ask them what’s wrong before actually divulging what their (usually minor) issue is.

People who get in an elevator to go up or down one floor. Use the stairs! I know you know where they are, because you passed them to get to the lift!

Teenagers who only recognise songs as being performed by the flavour-of-the-month group or artist currently in the charts. You just know their heads would explode if you told them that "One Way or Another" was actually a Blondie song thirty-five years ago.

Movie reboots. Not only are few of them any good, but reimagined stuff like "The Karate Kid" invariably makes me feel old, because the original reminds me of my childhood. If Hollywood wants to reboot "Die Hard" (the greatest action movie ever made) - despite the lacklustre most recent entry - they will have to go through me first.

Cyclists who think they can double as road users and pedestrians, using whichever rules please them at the time.

Sprouts - nobody actually likes them, and anyone who says they do are part of the conspiracy.

Ditto for Red Bull. It smells like vomit.

Bruce Forsythe. Nice to see you, to see you.... no, not really. Not anymore, Bruce. I stopped listening to your silly 'jokes' during The Generation Game. You need to retire. Now.

Spam emails. I appreciate the internet's desire to increase my length and/or girth, but I am satisfied with my current dimensions and would like to be go at least one month without having to unsubscribe to yet another website promising to maximise my potential.

After-Christmas sales that begin on Christmas Eve.

People who ask what football team I support. Not, do I support a football team, but just the instant pigeon-holing of me as a follower of what the rest of the country calls 'the beautiful game'. The moment I declare that actually, I don't like football, the conversation ends, as if the only thing they can talk about is how good/bad/exciting/boring/tense that game was on Saturday.

Self service checkouts that don't recognise the items you have put through, and those stupid plastic bags that you spend ten minutes trying to open, and you look around to see that everyone else is doing exactly the same.

...yeah, that's it for now ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *****Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah, Ross and Special Guest Karl Mahrenholz***** Register here for last longer comp!:
    Room 101, off the top of my head... People who talk on their mobiles at 127 decibels. You’re on the phone: you don’t need to shout! If you want to shout please do so once I have vacated the area and am suitably out of earshot. And still on mobiles: people who find it important to tell the person things like: “I’m on the bus; yeah, I’m just passing the petrol station now. Wait a minute, he’s stopped at the lights. I’ll just be a minute. Oh!   Can see you now. Look, I’m waving. Can you see me? Yeah, I’m wearing my red coat. You see me now? Ok, just getting off now. Right, I’m hanging up...” People who play music on their mobiles without headphones (usually on a bus), so that everyone can hear it. The quality is rarely crystal and it’s always an artist or band that makes you want to jam the phone down the user’s throat just to see if you can still hear it from the depths of their stomach. Adults who look to Harry Potter and/or Twilight for points of reference. People who haven’t read a book since school yet managed to get through Fifty Shades, and think it makes them qualified to critique literature. Men who go to the middle of the silver trough that’s in some public toilets, when it’s empty. If there’s nobody else there, just take a corner like any normal person! And still on toilets: men who don’t hold it at the urinals and stand there with their hands on their hips. What’s up with that? I don’t care if you can control your aim without your hands. It’s weird and puts me off my stream, so just do me a solid and hold yours next time, ok? Left hand or right, I really don’t care. Women who answer “you don’t ask a lady that” when you ask them how old they are; closely followed by women who respond with “how old do you think I am?” to the same question. People who get tattoos on their face and then get annoyed when you stare at them. Google Maps. Facebook (in general), but specifically those people who find their world will crumble if they don’t post a picture of a plate of food they are about to have at least once a week, along with some inane caption along the lines of: chips and gravy, my fave – mmm. Really? I’m so glad you told me that. Now I can rest easily tonight. I’d also like to throw in those users who update their status with “I’m so sad”, or "boo hoo", and then wait until a raft of followers ask them what’s wrong before actually divulging what their (usually minor) issue is. People who get in an elevator to go up or down one floor. Use the stairs! I know you know where they are, because you passed them to get to the lift! Teenagers who only recognise songs as being performed by the flavour-of-the-month group or artist currently in the charts. You just know their heads would explode if you told them that "One Way or Another" was actually a Blondie song thirty-five years ago. Movie reboots. Not only are few of them any good, but reimagined stuff like "The Karate Kid" invariably makes me feel old, because the original reminds me of my childhood. If Hollywood wants to reboot "Die Hard" (the greatest action movie ever made) - despite the lacklustre most recent entry - they will have to go through me first. Cyclists who think they can double as road users and pedestrians, using whichever rules please them at the time. Sprouts - nobody actually likes them, and anyone who says they do are part of the conspiracy. Ditto for Red Bull. It smells like vomit. Bruce Forsythe. Nice to see you, to see you.... no, not really. Not anymore, Bruce. I stopped listening to your silly 'jokes' during The Generation Game. You need to retire. Now. Spam emails. I appreciate the internet's desire to increase my length and/or girth, but I am satisfied with my current dimensions and would like to be go at least one month without having to unsubscribe to yet another website promising to maximise my potential. After-Christmas sales that begin on Christmas Eve. People who ask what football team I support. Not, do I support a football team, but just the instant pigeon-holing of me as a follower of what the rest of the country calls 'the beautiful game'. The moment I declare that actually, I don't like football, the conversation ends, as if the only thing they can talk about is how good/bad/exciting/boring/tense that game was on Saturday. Self service checkouts that don't recognise the items you have put through, and those stupid plastic bags that you spend ten minutes trying to open, and you look around to see that everyone else is doing exactly the same. ...yeah, that's it for now ;)
    Posted by Slipwater

+1 - except for sprouts - just try one - they're really quite nice - don't just be another bandwagon follower slippy

• edited March 2014
    Men who moan too much (see above) ! :-)
  • edited March 2014
    Haha! WOW! Still, whatever your gripes with the world there's always someone worse off...
    http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2014/03/09/man-loses-bet-but-gains-ridiculous-name/
  • edited March 2014
    In for the last longer!

Still waiting for that big win!

• edited March 2014
    last longer please
  • edited March 2014

Slipwater is obviously Tikay's Ghost writer... So many things to moan about.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *****Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah, Ross and Special Guest Karl Mahrenholz***** Register here for last longer comp!:
    Slipwater is obviously Tikay's Ghost writer... So many things to moan about.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    ;)

I've been linked to many people in my time, but that one cuts to the quick!

Stick me in the last longer please, Sarah dear :)
  • edited March 2014
    Funny that Room 101 is creating so much discussion - everyone loves a moan! I'll keep my Room 101s secret until the show later...
  • edited March 2014
    Funny that Room 101 is creating so much discussion - everyone loves a moan! I'll keep my Room 101s secret until the show later...
    Posted by MrStarch1
    Knock-knock jokes make your list, right? :)
  • edited March 2014

last longer please

• edited March 2014
    Have a great show all...

In for last longer please...
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Sarah & Karl hope you have a great show.

I have recently read an article Karl wrote about the rise of multiple re-entry tournaments which I thought was excellent, please ask Karl to talk about his thoughts on this as I think it's a massive issue for the poker industry going forward.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Sarah & Karl hope you have a great show. I have recently read an article Karl wrote about the rise of multiple re-entry tournaments which I thought was excellent, please ask Karl to talk about his thoughts on this as I think it's a massive issue for the poker industry going forward.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Another thing to chuck into Room 101 - people who say going forward. Business-speak (in general) is terribly passe, and that (along with 'let's run it up the flagpole and see if it flies') is probably the worst example!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *****Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah, Ross and Special Guest Karl Mahrenholz***** Register here for last longer comp! : Another thing to chuck into Room 101 - people who say going forward . Business-speak (in general) is terribly passe, and that (along with 'let's run it up the flagpole and see if it flies') is probably the worst example!
    Posted by Slipwater
    You need to think outside the box Slipwater, open up you mindspace and engage in some blue sky thinking.
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please.
    And I shall try to avoid negative attitude as we must be seen to be going forward at this moment in time. so we need to adopt a positive approach and bring to the table a sustainable strategy to allow us to be in a win win situation. Now all I need is an exit strategy before Slipwater reads it.
  • edited March 2014
    In the last longer please!,which will hopefully be longer than it took me to read Slipwater's post but I severely doubt it :D
  • edited March 2014
    Can someone delete Slipwater's first post please? I actually agree with all of it but it would just be hysterical to see you delete what must have taken him ages to write.

Pet hate? Chihuahuas, they're not dogs are they, they're rats with fancy haircuts. That's a joke by the way , 'pet' hate, get it?

Other hates (not 'pet' related) but that need to be put in room 101 -

People who use mobiles whilst driving, cretins.
    Overweight people who blame it on a slow metabolism, large bones etc etc....its not, you need to eat less or excercise more.
    Ignorant/rude people
    People on benefits who complain about their situation but do nothing to rectify it.

Poker related hate -

Any dominating hand. The way they give you feeling that you should win and then quickly destroy it when your opponent hits one of his 3 outs.

Feel free not to read out any or all of the above, I'm not known for my political correctness!

Rags to riches? Still working on it I'm afraid, best so far was winning a £3 all in satellite to a Super Roller and then reaching the final table for £1,200 ish. Not my biggest win but probably the most unexpected. 

Oh and LAST LONGER PLEASE. HAVE A GOOD SHOW.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *****Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah, Ross and Special Guest Karl Mahrenholz***** Register here for last longer comp! : Another thing to chuck into Room 101 - people who say going forward . Business-speak (in general) is terribly passe, and that (along with 'let's run it up the flagpole and see if it flies') is probably the worst example!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Today is tomorrows tadpole of opportunity.
    We are running ideas through our cappuccino maker of opportunity to see if they come out frothy.
    I'd like to stir fry some ideas with you in my think wok.

I am totally with Karl when it comes to re-entries into poker tournies.  I am glad the the UKPC that has just ended didn't have any re-entries and still beat every guarantee.  It shows that a well run and well thought out event will still prosper without the need for any re-entrys
  • edited March 2014
    In for last longer please and thanks. Have a great show :)

• edited March 2014
    Can someone delete Slipwater's first post please? 
    Posted by Enut
    HEY! Harsh, man.

I'm a writer, so I save everything! ;)
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer Plz.

I don't have any pet hates. Altho  Slipwater to 101 for me!  (only kidding)  He lights up every thread.... ;-)
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    in for last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *****Turbo Tuesday Night Live with Sarah, Ross and Special Guest Karl Mahrenholz***** Register here for last longer comp! : HEY! Harsh, man. I'm a writer, so I save everything ! ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Only jesting, very enjoyable read.
  • edited March 2014
    in last longer please