You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Who would you rather....?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Sometimes people say they get frustrated by really bad players and would rather play better players!

So in the long-run would you rather play poker against...?

1) A really bad player - unpredictable and a bit harder to read
2) A player who is slightly worse than you - but you can read a bit better

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Sigh.

Saw thread title and thought i'd see a totally different question.
  • edited March 2014
    Happy to play either as long as I feel I have an edge, but obviously you'd play the really bad guy as over time he's gonna spew more money quicker than the other guy.
  • edited March 2014
    Option 3.

gazza127.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Who would you rather....?:
    Option 3. gazza127.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I thought gazza was option 1 anyway.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Who would you rather....? : I thought gazza was option 1 anyway.
    Posted by splashies
    Good point. My bad.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Who would you rather....?:
    Sometimes people say they get frustrated by really bad players and would rather play better players! So in the long-run would you rather play poker against...? 1) A really bad player - unpredictable and a bit harder to read 2) A player who is slightly worse than you - but you can read a bit better
    Posted by Sky_Poker

HI,  I'm slightly confused by this.  The sentence and the questions differ IMO. Surely after the sentence the options should be..
    1) A really bad player.
    2) A better player.

Or do you mean players slightly better than the bad players BUT not as good as you?

Personally, to improve my poker it's BETTER players than me who I learn most from.  There are way too many of these mention :-(

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Who would you rather....? : HI,  I'm slightly confused by this.  The sentence and the questions differ IMO. Surely after the sentence the options should be.. 1) A really bad player. 2) A better player. Or do you mean players slightly better than the bad players BUT not as good as you? Personally, to improve my poker it's BETTER players than me who I learn most from.  There are way too many of these mention :-(
    Posted by Glenelg
    No it's as written.

Just to see if people would rather play slightly inferior players or far worse players. Some people believe that it is better to play those slightly below you so that you can out think them one 'level' of thinking ahead of them - on the basis that it's hard to out-think bad players you cannot read as easily.
  • edited March 2014
    much rather the poor player, 

overall you should be getting more profit and winnning a lot more overall, prob have a much higher hand range and bigger pots.

probbally why people want too play me alot.
  • edited March 2014
    Definitely the really bad player. You can hand read a slightly worse player easier but hand reading isn't as important imo if the player is reallly bad
  • edited March 2014
    what if you are an incredibly awful player, surely you wouldn't want to play someone who is really bad, as the player a bit worse than you could be a worse player than the really bad player.

get your head around that.