You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weird spot...

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedevil_tearSmall blind £0.20£0.20£65.04CLIOKIDBig blind £0.40£0.60£71.23 Your hole cards4Q   ToshiroFold    kcxyzFold    threeGHDFold    devil_tearRaise £0.60£1.20£64.44CLIOKIDRaise £2.80£4.00£68.43devil_tearCall £2.40£6.40£62.04Flop  445   devil_tearCheck    CLIOKIDBet £3.20£9.60£65.23devil_tearCall £3.20£12.80£58.84Turn  6   devil_tearCheck    CLIOKIDBet £8.40£21.20£56.83devil_tearRaise £17.20£38.40£41.64

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Opponent had been quite active and min raising a ot of hands but folding to re-pops so decided just to squeeze this one.

Flop the world and continue aggression in hope they have caught a piece or have slow played a big PP.

Is this turn bet from opponent scary?

We've both still got over 100 BB's after his check raise...

What do you do here?

Fold pre isn't an option :)
  • edited March 2014
    Haha. Folding pre is not an option? Well, ok...

That being said, I'm inclined to still think my hand is good here. I don't think he has the other 4. He could be raising with one of the two flush draws out there, or maybe A5. Of course, 78 just got there, and if he has 56 he will think he's good now. I'm tempted to re-raise, given the danger of the two flushes.
  • edited March 2014
    TBH. I would put him on an over pair or on a hand like A7 A6 suited. The bigger 4 (a4) is a poss and they got scared when a draw comes in.

I think I am always dumping it in here as quick as possible as I never put them on 78 and even if they do you have enough outs to fill up.

Result?

p.s I am usually wrong
  • edited March 2014
    Call Turn. We want to keep FD's etc in and allow them to jam the river when they brick 80% of the time.

Snap call any blank river.

Not concerned about the turn raise at all tbh... We have flopped trips in a 3-bet pot.
  • edited March 2014
    +1 to Chris

100% calling the turn and snapping off most rivers.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Weird spot...:
    Haha. Folding pre is not an option? Well, ok... That being said, I'm inclined to still think my hand is good here. I don't think he has the other 4. He could be raising with one of the two flush draws out there, or maybe A5. Of course, 78 just got there, and if he has 56 he will think he's good now. I'm tempted to re-raise, given the danger of the two flushes.
    Posted by Slipwater
    uh... why will 56 think they are good now? If 56 was behind on the flop then it's still behind on the turn.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Weird spot...:
    In Response to Re: Weird spot... : uh... why will 56 think they are good now? If 56 was behind on the flop then it's still behind on the turn.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Haha - yeah, my bad. He is of course still losing to all overpairs.

I should really stop posting while I'm 'working'. Multi-tasking is for women ;)
  • edited March 2014
    I think he's got the flopped or turned FH.

Makes no sense for villain to raise an overpair.

Makes little sense for villain to now raise a flush draw.

Makes very little sense for villain to raise pair + straight draw.

Its either a bluff... with maybe some sort of equity somewhere or he has a better 4 or the Full house imo.

Im not saying id fold... cause im a fish.  But id be thinking FH FH FH FH FH FH FH and pay him off anyway.