You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Excuse me please,

As far as I can tell, priority players are getting shafted.  I am currently not priority, and am entitled to these rake races.  On top of this, I am earning double points during Cheltenham (ie- 24% RB), and ofc double points become irrelavant if if make priority as it becomes a direct rb %. 

This is all fine, but is it really true that the highest raking players are getting left out of all of this?  It seems too stupid that sky would discourage high rakers from staying, I have overseen chat box conversations recently that players will be leaving after reaching priority due to a drop in RB.

Like others, I will be tempted to play elsewhere next month if I am offered a better deal.  Also, it annoys me that upcoming promotions are not advertised ahead of time so that I can make plans accordingly.

That is all. 

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I've also overseen chatbox conversations discussing just playing 1 month on Sky, next month on X site, then next month back to Sky, rinse and repeat if Sky keep doing these promos.

Not naming them, or having a dig at the players, they're well within their right (and probably right) to do so. It's resulting in the opposite of what Sky want if people are gonna deliberately get low points every other month just so they can take advantage of the following month's promos for low points earners.

I know it got deleted so won't go into details but the other day Dohhh alluded to the fact that it's almost a punishment being Priority, especially if you can receive the best bit of Prio (30% RB) by going through an affiliate.

Not posting this for selfish reasons, I haven't been Prio for a few months now so have been eligible for all these promos and haven't done much in them, just giving my input.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Priority:
    Excuse me please, As far as I can tell, priority players are getting shafted.  I am currently not priority, and am entitled to these rake races.  On top of this, I am earning double points during Cheltenham (ie- 24% RB), and ofc double points become irrelavant if if make priority as it becomes a direct rb %.  This is all fine, but is it really true that the highest raking players are getting left out of all of this?  It seems too stupid that sky would discourage high rakers from staying, I have overseen chat box conversations recently that players will be leaving after reaching priority due to a drop in RB. Like others, I will be tempted to play elsewhere next month if I am offered a better deal.  Also, it annoys me that upcoming promotions are not advertised ahead of time so that I can make plans accordingly. That is all. 
    Posted by Boonicon

I've just had a text message from sky saying priority players will not be excluded from next months promotions.

Yes it has hit me personally in the pocket for being loyal to the site which is quite annoying when other players are rinsing the system by leaving one month coming back the next, and ahem doing that taboo thing that many people know is rife on the site but it seems not a lot is being done about it. 

• edited March 2014
    Poker players will always go to extreme lengths to gain an edge and lol at 1 month on 1 month off... 

Most of the regs who do this will get their winrate anniliated without a decent loyaloty status like Supernova at stars etc... 

This money being paid to non prio players will just circulate around the lower stakes and then move up the steak ladder to prio players anyway... dont see the problem. 

Let the minions increase their brolls... its a good thing for breakeven player longevity
  • edited March 2014
    I'm one of the people Boonicon and Lambert are refering to, I was "lucky" enough to not play a lot of volume in Febuary due to various reasons and so qualified for the silver tier.  This is 3 months in a row now Sky have put on promotions which massively benefit non-priority players.  To low stake (30-100nl) players, rakeback is an important part of your winrate and promotions which reward grinders contribute to that.  So while Januarys PS4 promotion was a bit frustrating, I can always just buy one of those^^  but Febuary and this months promtion are for significant amounts of actual cash. So why wouldn't any serious grinder move to another site taking part in their promotions and then come back to Sky to take advantage of these offers.  If you are playing poker as part of your income then its simple economic sense, personally I would do exactly that, play on Sky in alternate months and on the other months find another site with some new player promotion or rake race to take advantage of. 

I also feel Priority simply don't get enough rewards, the freerolls are very meh.  I would rather see that money simply distributed in other ways.  Especially for someone such as myself who doesn't like tournament poker (maybe cos I fail at flips).  Anyway, lets see what Sky do in the future, they do seem good at listening to customers and in reality the prioity guys are a very important section of their player base.
  • edited March 2014
    +1 to everything I have just read.

SKY simply don't make it worth while being in Priority, and on top of that, punish you by excluding you from promotions without running an equivilent (which should be better!) for prio members.

IMO, make the rakeback 30% for all prio members as soon as they reach 10k, drop the freerolls, and offer some other (achievable!) prio only promotions which are better than any other promo's (new players may be an exception) to tempt more people top make prio next month - "earn 60k points and we give you x" just doesnt interest me in the slightest when i achieve 13-14k at a push.

It does seem like who ever comes up with these promotions etc are out of touch with the player base, who seem to be getting increasingly frustrated...

I made a big push to make prio in Nov, and kept it up til Jan. it wasnt worth it. I havent been prio since, and part of my grind is now elsewhere.

• edited March 2014
    im priority and have been for past 18months, it dont bother me really, C4P is just a bonus (yeah we'd all like a bit more)...but whatever encourages recreational players to play more or smaller stakes semi-regs to play a bit more n takes shots is what matters to me....liquidity yo!
  • edited March 2014
    Reward loyalty for hitting Priority.

Add 1% to your rake back for each consecutive month you hit 10k points.

For example if you hit 10k points 4 months running, you get 24% rakeback.

If you then hit 5 months running you are capped at 25% rakeback unless you hit 20k points that month.

So if you were a silver member 5 months running you could earn 30% rakeback for continuously hitting priority.  Then for gold members you could cap rakeback at 35% or even 40%.

That sounds a bit complicated, but its simple in my head!

It'd reward loyalty to putting in a grind each month and would solve the problem of people leaving every other month to take advantage of other promo's
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Priority:
    Reward loyalty for hitting Priority. Add 1% to your rake back for each consecutive month you hit 10k points. For example if you hit 10k points 4 months running, you get 24% rakeback. If you then hit 5 months running you are capped at 25% rakeback unless you hit 20k points that month. So if you were a silver member 5 months running you could earn 30% rakeback for continuously hitting priority.  Then for gold members you could cap rakeback at 35% or even 40%. That sounds a bit complicated, but its simple in my head! It'd reward loyalty to putting in a grind each month and would solve the problem of people leaving every other month to take advantage of other promo's
    Posted by gazza127

good idea

+1
  • edited March 2014

Scrap all rakeback, rakeraces etc Invest the money in advertising to sports betters/sky vegas players.

You will all be a lot better off playing against a table full of any two soooted guys.

Than playing against a table full of regs but getting 30% rakeback.

• edited March 2014
    Reward loyalty for hitting Priority. Add 1% to your rake back for each consecutive month you hit 10k points. For example if you hit 10k points 4 months running, you get 24% rakeback. If you then hit 5 months running you are capped at 25% rakeback unless you hit 20k points that month. So if you were a silver member 5 months running you could earn 30% rakeback for continuously hitting priority.  Then for gold members you could cap rakeback at 35% or even 40%. That sounds a bit complicated, but its simple in my head! It'd reward loyalty to putting in a grind each month and would solve the problem of people leaving every other month to take advantage of other promo's
    Posted by gazza127

I agree good idea 

I think they used to reward players that got into prio 3+ months but sky done away with it

• edited March 2014
    Scrap all rakeback, rakeraces etc Invest the money in advertising to sports betters/sky vegas players. You will all be a lot better off playing against a table full of any two soooted guys. Than playing against a table full of regs but getting 30% rakeback.
    Posted by ajs4385

THIS
  • edited March 2014
    Scrap all rakeback, rakeraces etc Invest the money in advertising to sports betters/sky vegas players. You will all be a lot better off playing against a table full of any two soooted guys. Than playing against a table full of regs but getting 30% rakeback.
    Posted by ajs4385
    +1