You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rich Orford - "expert" analysis

edited July 2009 in Sky Poker Live
May I just say that the big man is my favourite presenter.
For those who only play online and don't watch 865, I can tell you that watching Rich in action is worth the Sky subscription on its own. How can anyone get it so wrong and so often? His expert analysis is absolutely side-splittingly hilarious. Wrong every single time.

Rich - you are welcome to play at my home game whenever you like.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    You don't get any better than rich an tikay together, although last night had me in stitches as well!! Had to feel sorry for Michelle though!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Rich Orford - "expert" analysis:
    May I just say that the big man is my favourite presenter. For those who only play online and don't watch 865, I can tell you that watching Rich in action is worth the Sky subscription on its own. How can anyone get it so wrong and so often? His expert analysis is absolutely side-splittingly hilarious. Wrong every single time. Rich - you are welcome to play at my home game whenever you like.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Thanks Big.....I think!

Lol!

PS- Tikay will have a field day with this thread...
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Rich Orford - "expert" analysis:
    May I just say that the big man is my favourite presenter. For those who only play online and don't watch 865, I can tell you that watching Rich in action is worth the Sky subscription on its own. How can anyone get it so wrong and so often? His expert analysis is absolutely side-splittingly hilarious. Wrong every single time. Rich - you are welcome to play at my home game whenever you like.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Loool!

I SO badly want Rich to see this Thread!

His nickname at the Studio is "Orford Straight", after he said a guy had a straight with 4-5-6-7-10.

He is the BEST worst.

He's so bad he makes me look good. Neat trick, that.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rich Orford - "expert" analysis:
    His nickname at the Studio is "Orford Straight", after he said a guy had a straight with 4-5-6-7-10.
    Posted by Tikay10
    4-5-6-7-J.

Get your facts straight, Tikay.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rich Orford - "expert" analysis : 4-5-6-7-J. Get your facts straight, Tikay.
    Posted by RichOrford

Understandable mistake. After all, any expert analyst could get this mixed up!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Rich Orford - "expert" analysis : Thanks Big.....I think! Lol! PS- Tikay will have a field day with this thread...
    Posted by RichOrford
    Only tk i bet the orpster will love this also hehe
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rich Orford - "expert" analysis : Only tk i bet the orpster will love this also hehe
    Posted by JAMIEP
    No worries on that score. Orpey actually think 5-6-7-8-J IS a straight.
  • edited July 2009
    What can you say about our very own "presenter" Richard Orford erm................................................. Witty ? definitley, Good poker player ? not if you listen to his colleagues, but I have spied on him and he is better than people give him credit (there,s one for the old ego), can sail a bit close to the wind but thats part of his charm and interacts superbly with whichever analyst he works with, but no greater interaction than with our best, and greatest analyst Mr Tony "tikay" Kendall.

THE A TEAM. (All our analysts are good though this is meant in a nice way, phew do you think I magaed to dig myself out of that one)

So to sum up, Greatest Presenter + Greatest Analyst = Absolutly fantastic show worth good money to watch.

Oh well I had better stop so Richard can get his head through the door ;)

On a serious note, thanks to the both of you.
  • edited July 2009

Am new to sky poker but do think Rich is funny
    My luck at the moment is variable have come 1st and second in freerolls and 59th in a open but i tend to play to much and hence dont seem to concentrate and loose all my bank roll

Does anyone else suffer from this

Anyway keep up the good work Rich and team

Regards Richy1966

• edited July 2009
    I've just witnessed yet another gem.

Player 1 Qs Ks.
    Player 2 As 8h.
    Flop is 2s 3d 4s.

Orford: any queen any king any spade, so he's got 15 outs at the moment.
    Co-presenter: It's 14.
    Orford: So with 15 outs and two cards to come, he's got a good chance.
    Co-presenter: It's actually 14 outs as the ace of spades is in the other hand.
    Orford: and the turn is a blank. So he's still looking at 15 outs on the river.
    Co-presenter: It's actually 14.
    Orford: So let's look at that river.
    Co-presenter: It's still only 14 outs.

Like watching Laurel and Hardy!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Rich Orford - "expert" analysis : 4-5-6-7-J. Get your facts straight, Tikay.
    Posted by RichOrford

That's simply a gap-straight rather than a connecting straight, so you were right really! :-)

• edited July 2009
    Am new to sky poker but do think Rich is funny My luck at the moment is variable have come 1st and second in freerolls and 59th in a open but i tend to play to much and hence dont seem to concentrate and loose all my bank roll Does anyone else suffer from this Anyway keep up the good work Rich and team Regards Richy1966
    Posted by richy1966
    Hi

Part of the secret to poker is good bankroll management, yes I used to do it too, but now only play what I can afford.

Hope this helps
  • edited July 2009
    Am new to sky poker but do think Rich is funny My luck at the moment is variable have come 1st and second in freerolls and 59th in a open but i tend to play to much and hence dont seem to concentrate and loose all my bank roll Does anyone else suffer from this Anyway keep up the good work Rich and team Regards Richy1966
    Posted by richy1966
    Hi
    A guest the other night said always use 3/4 of the time bar every time its you  to act, this gives you a few seconds before you act to be sure you are making right decisions
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks good advice
  • edited July 2009

Hand definition is a close run thing between Michelle and Richard....Mind you, ol' Tikay's eyes what they used to be!

lol

• edited July 2009
    Can`t remember the Night (this week) but he really did out-do himself - Reviewing a cash table at the time , Him & Giddens (sp?) some bloke flopped 4 queens but the other player had an oppotuniteh to flop a royal flush , which obviously triggered a memory of something that giddens saw at a recent Tourni ...anyroad to cut a long story short ed g. "AND THE FOURTH QUEEN MADE THE OTHER CHAP THE ROYAL FLUSH" ..to which orford replies as he looks down at is clipboard .."Yeah , it happens" and carries on with whatever it was he was doing

tickled me anyway :)
  • edited July 2009
    There was another classic last night. They were reviewing a hand from one of our community members (bobcat52, or mike1975) who held 44 in the hole.

Flop came xx4.
    Turn was the fourth 4.

Orford, asking community member: Did you feel confident when you made four of a kind?
    Community member, after shocked pause: Er, yeah. I was comfortable with the hand.

Keep 'em coming Rich!

• edited July 2009

Golden, that Orford.